** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

how are you supposed to play against these morons?

danno375

Re: how are you supposed to play against these morons?

I'm not sure if I really work out pot odds every hand:unsure. Pre flop I don't, just think about my stack and make the decision based on position, action and what I want to achieve with the hand. On the flop I mainly think of the implied odds I'll get later on. If I've made something 'good' (top pair good kicker, 2 pair, trips etc) I'll think about whether I want to slow play or just play straight up - this is the time I think of pot odds and what I want to give to the other guy or if they bet it out what I'm getting from them - I all like to think about the number of combinations that are beating me or drawing to beat me (bet more if someone might be drawing right??:unsure). If I'm drawing I'll know how many cards I can hit then think of pot odds if I have to pay for the next card. Probably same sort of procedure on the turn. On the river I don't really have a strategy, normally where it goes wrong:tongue2.
To be honest this is exactly the way I play, common sense really.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyway, I thought you had retired....... ;)
I had, but I had to deposit yesterday to play the new DU game. So, I guess I'm playing again... but nothing big. So, everyone is saying I played the hand wrong. It was a semi-bluff. But, how many of you would have called the raise with K5. I could probably count the YES's of good players on the fingers of one hand.

So, everyone is saying I played the hand wrong. It was a semi-bluff. But, how many of you would have called the raise with K5. I could probably count the YES's of good players on the fingers of one hand.
So you're both shit, what's the problem?:D :spank

I had, but I had to deposit yesterday to play the new DU game. So, I guess I'm playing again... but nothing big. So, everyone is saying I played the hand wrong. It was a semi-bluff. But, how many of you would have called the raise with K5. I could probably count the YES's of good players on the fingers of one hand.
Why was it a semi-bluff? It was a complete bluff, you had nothing. You bluffed, got called and lost. What's the problem? He'd called your initial raise so he was already committed. In addition, after your initial raise he probably puts you on a decent hand, which unless it is a pocket pair that flop is unlikely to help. Going all-in then looks like exactly what it was - an attempt to buy the pot so he calls. I hate to say it pro but there's only one muppet in this hand.

Re: how are you supposed to play against these morons? Just a few things to clarify please before I give you my considered opinion how many chips did you have at the start of the hand? how many chips did he have at the start of the hand? How many other players left? How many chips did they have at the start of the hand? how long until the blinds go up again? how many hands have you raised in the last 10? how many raises has he called in the last 10? Is he loose? Is he tight? is he aggressive? Are you percieved as aggressive? are you perceived as loose? are you perceived as tight? has he just suffered a bad beat and is on tilt? Has he had a run of great cards or great luck? Have you just had a bad beat and are on tilt? Your responses would be a great start in answering you question Ta Damo :cheers

FFS! Listen to this... Playing 5 player $3 STT on SO. I have A2 on SB. blinds are 50/100. I decide to make a move and raise to 600. BB calls. Flop comes 65J. I go all-in, BB calls. He turns over K5. WTF! First, he calls a 500 raise with K5, then calls my all-in with bottom pair. Explain that one Damo.

Re: how are you supposed to play against these morons? a quick answer to keep you going whilst you answer my previous questions :) Flops miss you 50% of the time (assuming no PP) so it could be theoritically correct to call even with bottom pair aginst one opponent when there is no more betting involved in later rounds (i.e. ALL IN) - plus even if the flop has hit you, he still has outs, and the pot is huge at this point However, answers to the other post would give us a better insight to your move and his call Damo :cheers

FFS! Listen to this... Playing 5 player $3 STT on SO. I have A2 on SB. blinds are 50/100. I decide to make a move and raise to 600. BB calls. Flop comes 65J. I go all-in, BB calls. He turns over K5. WTF! First, he calls a 500 raise with K5, then calls my all-in with bottom pair. Explain that one Damo.