Rugby League: Super League - Round 2

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 2

St Helens vs Castleford Tigers (+32/36pts)

Prediction – (Saints win by 38/40pts):clap

Salford -4pts various (1pt) Prediction – (Salford win by 8/10pts):clap

Leeds -2pts @ VC (1pt) Prediction – Leeds win by 10/12pts:clap
Well i am going to give myself some credit for tonights tips!!! Also said Saints would run a cricket score up against the Tigers, (could have back Saints -32pts) !!!! What a great game of rugby league tonight, superb stuff!!!

Looks like leeds have come back. I lumped on at half time aswell as leeds were +10 with william hill. Wigan were lucky to keep leeds down 0 in the first half..... majid
Hi Majid, not too sure how new your are to PL but welcome to the rugby league threads....hope to hear more from you very soon mate!!!! :welcome Time for a :beer , well wine will do!!!

Nice one Rugbylad, you nailed em tonight....:clap I must have quickly scrolled past your picks earlier!!!!! majid
Thanks Majid, appreciate it. I had a nightmare first round of Super League (tipped Wigan -8 against Les Catalans and Warrington -14 against Salford :( ) so no wonder you scrolled past my tips this week :lol

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 2 Thanks RugbyLad.......I bounce about to be honest and keep a close eye on the NBA section,football and rugby of course..Love all sports....... Overall PL is a great forum. A good selection of picks and espcially the fact everyone is willing to help each other..... Majid

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 2 Your first weeks picks were probably the same as many. I did not play anything the first week just to get a idea of what was going on..... Personally I support Wigan, and half time I was speaking to a friend on the blower that Leeds will come back.Leeds performance in the first half was pretty good, they just couldnt get across the line.... Wigans performance was better than last week.... majid

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 2 Bradford Bulls v Harlequins RL (+14/18pts) Many expect Bradford to win this one by 20+ points and I have no reason to doubt them. Harlequins were soundly beaten last week at home to the Saints (16-40), whilst Bradford grinded out an important away win against Wakefield (who I fancy against Hull this weekend). As kevshat mentionned before, Bradford have a good home record against Harlequins (London Broncos) averaging over 30pts a game against them. The volcano, L Vainikolo, is out for the Bulls, but they will be boosted by the home and club debut for second rower Chris McKenna, apart from big Lesley the Bulls are at near full strength. A more significant absentee for Harlequins is the inspirational Mark McLinden, without him, its difficult to see them opening up the Bull's defence too often. I fully expect Bulls to cover the 14pts asked of them in this one......but personally I am picking Sunday's games as my betting opportunities....GL all!! No bet - But Bradford -14pts would be my pick! Prediction - Bradford win by 20/22pts

10pts Leeds (-2) to beat Wigan 10/11 VC Wigan are usually a tough nut to crack but they are a very young team at the minute and lacking a bit of experience in certain areas. Leeds are fairly strong all over the park and will come on for the run last weekend. I think Leeds will win and I think they'll cover the 2 pts without too much trouble.
Ker-ching! Didn't see the game live but saw the repeat when I got home from the footy. A definate game of 2 halves but a win is a win and that'll do me fine! 1 down 1 to go this weekend. I was toying over whether to go up to Odsal but having taken in all those stats I churned out I think I'll give it a miss!! Total Staked 50pts Total Returns 56.51pts W/L 3/1 Outstanding Bets 1 Strike Rate 75% Profit/Loss +16.51pts

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 2 One word to say about the Saints/Cas game: gutted. :wall Can't complain at Leeds or Salford though:nana Stacey Jones broke his arm aswell. Makes UTC well worth opposing in the next few games. Unfortunately after tonights game I think this might be the last we see of sensible handicaps on them:sad

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 2 Huddersfield Giants v Warrington Wolves (+4/6pts) Warrington are many people’s dark horses for Super League XI, but last week they did nothing to add weight to these claims against a well organised Salford outfit. The wire went into last week’s game at full strength and came away from it with no points and a depleted squad. For the trip to Huddersfield they are without S Reardon, P Rauhihi, R Parker, big C Leikvoll and probably L Briers (need I say any more).

Huddersfield have recruited well and stick with the same line-up that gave Leeds Rhinos a run for their money last week at Headingley. As long as they keep their discipline, the likes of R Paul, B Drew and C Thorman should ensure a Giant’s victory, I expect them to win this by about 10 points.

Huddersfield (from): Reilly, Aspinwall, Evans, De Vere, Thorman, Paul, Crabtree, Drew, Nero, Snitch, Wild, Jones, Jackson, March, Smith, McDonald, Gardner, Torrens.

Warrington (from): Grose, Fa'afili, M. Gleeson, Kohe-Love, Briers, Sullivan, Clarke, Swann, Wainwright, Noone, M. Gleeson, Westwood, Wood, Lima, Barnett, Grix, Bracek, Bridge.

Huddersfield -4pts @ 1.90 various (1pt) Prediction - Huddersfield win by 10/12pts

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 2 Hull RFL v Wakefield Wildcats (+14/16pts) I will let you into a little secret here…..one of the real reasons how I got into SL betting and made a lot of money in 2004 was partly down to Wakefield. Time and time again bookies would give them ridiculous handicaps against evenly opposed teams (I remember backing them off scratch against Castleford in 2004 lol).

Anyway onto Sundays (think you can guess where this is heading)….Hull take on Wakefield at the KC Stadium on the back of a relative easy victory over the Castleford Tigers, but J Kear’s men must be fully prepared and focused for a much tougher battle against the Wildcats (who I feel have significantly improved from last season) if they go into this game half hearted then the away side will, no doubt, come away with the spoils. The Wildcats, similar to Arsenal with Vieria, missed their key may, G Ellis, in 2005, but finally found a natural replacement in Betham (‘a man machine’), along with this, they have managed to keep the main core of their successful 2004 squad (mentioned previously).

Ask me the handicap in this game 18 months ago, I would say Hull –6/8pts, therefore Wakefield +16pts has got to be taken and is my main bet for Sunday afternoon. Looking at the line-up there shouldn’t be 16pts in it…….GL all!! Hull (from): Blacklock, Briscoe, Brough, Carvell, Cooke, Domic, Higgins, R. Horne, King, Lupton, McMenemy, Radford, Raynor, Swain, Thackray, Tony, Whiting, Yeaman.

Wakefield (from): Halpenny, Demetriou, Whittle, Tadulala, Jeffries, Obst , Griffin, March, Korkidas, Solomona, J. Field, Betham, White, MacGillivray, Elima, Henderson, Buchanan, Catic.

Wakefield +16pts @ various (2pts) Prediction – Hull by 4/6pts

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 2 Cheers guys, I will keep up my write-ups for as long as I can.....if the Wildcats get stuffed today I am going under my rock though.... :lol Its difficult early doors from a betting perspective, this will become a little easier from Round 5 onwards. GL everyone :hope

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 2 Best of luck today Rugbylad..Keep the writeups coming theya re very helpful..Thanks to Kevshat and Paul aswell for both posting... with the refs being PEDANTIC(as stevo says) its hard to cap at the moment. The refs are more inconsistent then I have ever seen..... Majid

Cheers penguin17' date=' a Rhinos fan I take it?[/quote'] Yep have been for about 15 years now so seen some good and bad years :) Glad to have found a place with the same betting intrests as me. Hopefully can stick up some usefull info over the coming season.

Glad to have found a place with the same betting intrests as me. Hopefully can stick up some usefull info over the coming season.
Look forward to hearing more from you mate :ok There a growing support for the RL threads so its also good to see a new face on here.