ATP Marseille/Buenos Aires/San Jose & WTA Antwerp 13th-19th Feb

Re: ATP Marseille/Buenos Aires/San Jose & WTA Antwerp 13th-19th Feb

After yesterday´s close result of Vliegen vs. Gimelstob I would expect another close match vs. Spadea today. Since I think that Spadea has more quality than Gimelstob I would prefer Spadea here. Not high stakes but medium might be acceptable. Acasuso is on fire at the moment. I might try him with low stakes. Is Starace able to upset another big name? I do not know what to do with Soderling... What do you think Mr. I?
Well I've still got outright action on Spadea and going to leave that match alone. Spadea as a slight favourite I think is about right but it's a dodgy one to analyse. Yeah Acasuso is kicking ass right now and should be too solid for Calleri - but I don't think there's much margin in the prices and Calleri has been alright this week so maybe leave alone or low stakes. Starace must be worth a go. Ferrero has struggled a lot in his two matches so far and Starace is another level up. Also this is the first time Ferrero has gone to South America to play so maybe he doesn't like the conditions too much. Will probably play Starace later today:tongue2 . Murray v Soderling is very risky. Both have looked in and out so far - especially Murray has looked poor but apparently he is hitting some form in this tournament. Will look into it more later but don't think I like it.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: ATP Marseille/Buenos Aires/San Jose & WTA Antwerp 13th-19th Feb STARACE v Ferrero @ 2.87 Blue Sq 2pts Not convinced at all by Ferrero thus far. He has been taken to 3 sets in both of his matches so far and I think he's struggling. Also this is the first time he has played in South America (this century, not sure about before) and I think he isn't too comfortable with the conditions. Starace has had two very solid wins over Monaco and Chela and he has the game to cause Ferrero a lot of problems in this one.

Re: ATP Marseille/Buenos Aires/San Jose & WTA Antwerp 13th-19th Feb Best of luck Mr Intensity. Ive been following the women since they have been live on Eurosport. I still believe its too early for some of the players and the consistency level is pretty low. Majid

Re: ATP Marseille/Buenos Aires/San Jose & WTA Antwerp 13th-19th Feb CALLERI v Volandri @ 1.8 Skybet 4pts I think this price from Skybet is very generous - well above the Pinnacle and Betfair prices. Wins for Calleri over Serra and in-form Acasuso are impressive and at home I think he's worth a go. Volandri has had an easier route through and the extremely tight match he had against Behrend was not impressive. Calleri is a very solid favourite for me here.

Re: ATP Marseille/Buenos Aires/San Jose & WTA Antwerp 13th-19th Feb MAURESMO v Clijsters @ 2.10 Betfair 2pts Not much time for a write-up, but I have to go for Mauresmo here. Clijsters still isn't 100%, and looked very vunerable in the first set against Dementieva. If she isn't able to play to her best, then she might start to feel the pressure from the crowd instead of the support. Mauresmo appears to be unbeatable right now, she certainly is mentally better than she has been in previous years. She is also moving and hitting the ball extremely well, and IMO should start off as a slight favourite.

Re: ATP Marseille/Buenos Aires/San Jose & WTA Antwerp 13th-19th Feb ANCIC v Clement @ 1.452 Pinnacle 4pts Last year there were a lot of concerns over Clements fitness and stamina, especially after a couple of matches. This week he's won 4 matches all of which have been tight - especially the last 2 against Santoro and Nadal. He also played doubles and a dead singles rubber in Davis Cup last weekend and I think he could be a little whacked. Ancic has shown some very good form this week with cracking wins over Baghdatis, Ljubicic and Grosjean. He has a very average record of 5-6 in finals but I think this is a great chance for his to improve on that. Clement actually has a worse record of 2-5 in finals (2-2 in France) and I think that could back up my stamina concerns. Ancic should be very strong I feel.

Re: ATP Marseille/Buenos Aires/San Jose & WTA Antwerp 13th-19th Feb Great win for Andy Murray last night. Even though Roddicks not been his best this year thats still a fair scalp for the yound Scot beating him 2-0 at a tournament Roddicks won twice before. Any chance of Murray beating Henman's nemesis Hewitt in the final? 3.05 on betfair for Murray and 3.1 on centrebet.

Great win for Andy Murray last night. Even though Roddicks not been his best this year thats still a fair scalp for the yound Scot beating him 2-0 at a tournament Roddicks won twice before. Any chance of Murray beating Henman's nemesis Hewitt in the final? 3.05 on betfair for Murray and 3.1 on centrebet.
I bloody hope not as I need the outright E/W action on Hewitt to come in:lol :hope Should be an interesting match, as a lot of people compare Murray with Hewitt in terms of game and attitude on the court. Have to say I thought Hewitt was very good against Spadea yesterday. Will have to have a think about doing anything on the match market:unsure .

I bloody hope not as I need the outright E/W action on Hewitt to come in:lol :hope Should be an interesting match, as a lot of people compare Murray with Hewitt in terms of game and attitude on the court. Have to say I thought Hewitt was very good against Spadea yesterday. Will have to have a think about doing anything on the match market:unsure .
you're so selfish Mr I, it's for the good of UK tennis FFS!:lol

you're so selfish Mr I, it's for the good of UK tennis FFS!:lol
Ah, if it was English tennis I might have a different opinion. Anyway, one match won't hurt. He's made his second ATP final and beat his first top 10 (and top 5) player so that's good enough:ok .

Re: ATP Marseille/Buenos Aires/San Jose & WTA Antwerp 13th-19th Feb MOYA v Volandri @ 1.629 Pinnacle 4pts Moya looks a fair enough price here. Volandri has done well to get through but has certainly benefited from some poor performances against him. Moya I think is playing his best stuff for quite a while, and is 15-2 at this tournament since 2000. He loves playing here and I expect him to pick up the title. H2H is 4-1 to Moya, they haven't all been straightforward, but that has to give Moya a mental edge.

Re: ATP Marseille/Buenos Aires/San Jose & WTA Antwerp 13th-19th Feb Great performance by Murray to beat Roddick. He will be officially the UK no 1 very shortly. Will oppose him in the final but will still be cheering him on. 8 points lay of Murray @ 3.35 on betfair Hewitt looks like he is getting back to his top form after an impressive semi final win against Spadea. I think it will be a big game too far for Murray, who will find it tough to raise his game once more against Hewitt.