Rugby League: Super League - Round 1

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 1 Warrington Wolves vs Salford City Reds (+14/16pts) I have major worries over Salford this year. Unlike Harlequins, Huddersfield and Wakefield I dont think they have improved their squad enough in pre-season, despite signing Dunemann from Leeds. Generally speaking they struggle to score tries, especially away from home (Only Leigh had fewer points for last season). Warrington had a excellent regular season finishing 4th, but will be without the influencial Nathan Wood this year, Paul Cullen has recruited well and personally I think the squad has improved from last season and is in line to challenge for 4th spot again. Warrington beat Salford a few weeks back 26-6, I will be expecting to see a similar scorline today. Small bet on Warrington -14pts is the one for me today. Recommendation: Warrington -14pts @ 1.90 various books (1pt) (Prediction: Warrington by 20/22pts)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 1

Backed both Hull at -22 (willhills live bet) on friday and Les French at +12 today which means i'm up so far this weekend. Also backed Saints -10 as part of a fourfold with Doncaster -22 (5/6) To beat Hunslet Sheffield +8 (5/6) To Beat Featherstone Bradford -14 (10/11) To beat Wakefield I fancy Bradford alot at that price, they looked impressive in the world club challenge and that extra competitive game might give them the edge they need to score big.
:welcome to Punters Lounge Sandbag IV, well done on your bets so far. Hope to hear more from you soon!!

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 1 Wakefield v Bradford Braford looked as good as Tigers looked poor last week saying that Wakefield aint no tigers. Expect Bradford to come out all guns blazing BET Bradford -5.5 HT Handicap 5/6 Bet365 3pts Leeds v Huddersfield Leeds at home dont lose many, saying that this isnt the Leeds team of past years. Alot have been shipped of to retire or new clubs and this could take a few weeks for the team to get into gear. BET Under 8.5 Trys 6/5 Bet365 2pts Warrington v Salford A BIG miss match if ever I saw one....Warrington are a very stron home team and Salford very poor.. BET Warrington -16 10/11 Various 5.5pts Rugby League So Far Total Staked 42.5 pts Returns 37.5 pts Profit +5.5 pts (with above 3 bets pending) Football-Tipper ;)

10pts Huddersfield (+20) to beat Leeds 5/6 Totesport I'm on Huddersfield at +22 but I think they'll still hold on with a 20 point start in this. There's 2 reasons why I like this bet, the 1st being that Leeds have made major changes to their squad. On the out list are players such as Andrew Dunemann, Marcus Bai, Mark Calderwood, Chris McKenna, Big Barrie McDermott and Danny Ward among others, all of which were regulars last season. They have made some signings for this season but I don't think they've signed the quality that they've lost, and these new signings not only have to gel but the Aussies among them have to get the pace of Super League which may take a game or 2. The 2nd reason I like this bet is Huddersfield were a good side last season, pushing London all the way for the final play off spot and they have strengthened their squad, the signings of Robbie Paul and to a lesser extent Stephen Wild and Maritn Asppinwall are good signings and it will mean they don't have to rely quite so much on the excellent Chris Thorman. I think the squads are a bit more evenly matched than last season and although Leeds should win a 20 point start is a lot to cover.
Never in doubt! Leeds didn't even score enough to cover my original handicap! :nana Total Staked 30pts Total Returns 37.42pts W/L 2/1 Outstanding Bets 0 Strike Rate 66.67% Profit/Loss +7.42pts

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 1 Nice one Kevshat, great call there:clap I am still scratching my head and looking at the hole in my wallet after round 1 of SL.... How the heck did Warrington lose 24-6...:wall Salford even didnt have L Robinson or Dunemann playing today!!

Nice one Kevshat, great call there:clap I am still scratching my head and looking at the hole in my wallet after round 1 of SL.... How the heck did Warrington lose 24-6...:wall Salford even didnt have L Robinson or Dunemann playing today!!
Cheers mate. I've learned through previous errors not to go near Warrington, especially against these lesser sides because they have too many shockers for my liking. It's that reason why I think Huddersfield will make the top 6 this season at their expense. Having said that I still thought they'd win today!