Sporting Odds Dollar Up MTT Tourney - February

Jaded

Sporting Odds Dollar Up MTT Tourney - February  

1. 1.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Sporting Odds Dollar Up MTT Tourney - February Hello Neil/Managram/Shabutie. :welcome to the all consuming passion that is the PL Monthly MTT tournament, where families, husband and wives and boyfriends and girlfriends tear each other to shreds for the sake of a higher average score. Anyone who tells you its a friendly game may just have a wooden spoon as an avatar. ;)

Re: Sporting Odds Dollar Up MTT Tourney - February free tounry, prize pool of $250 - tho with 800 players it can be a bit of a slog however if you are new to MTT then give it a go :) Damo :cheers

just missed out but hopefully play the next one' date=' can someone explain what the safety net tourny is about im a bit slow lol[/quote']

Re: Sporting Odds Dollar Up MTT Tourney - February

just missed out but hopefully play the next one' date=' can someone explain what the safety net tourny is about im a bit slow lol[/quote'] Noone explain Safety Net yet? It's a freeroll on SO at 7pm every day - used to be good value, however, is now very poor value and overrun with colluding hungarians!!! I don't play it any more - there are far better tournaments out there if you want to play regular freerolls..... (at 7pm there is a $400 P4E freeroll which probably represents better value - though that isn't that great)

Re: Sporting Odds Dollar Up MTT Tourney - February Feel free to add :$ or :spank as suits.:lol

Noone explain Safety Net yet? It's a freeroll on SO at 7pm every day - used to be good value, however, is now very poor value and overrun with colluding hungarians!!! I don't play it any more - there are far better tournaments out there if you want to play regular freerolls..... (at 7pm there is a $400 P4E freeroll which probably represents better value - though that isn't that great)
free tounry, prize pool of $250 - tho with 800 players it can be a bit of a slog however if you are new to MTT then give it a go :) Damo :cheers

Re: Sporting Odds Dollar Up MTT Tourney - February

Just wanted to say im enjoying my 1st dollar up comp' date=' shame i dont recognise the less chatterous PLers[/quote'] Morls, I have the same problem on VC! I speak to the guys I recognise from here, but some of them I'm thinking, "The name's familiar....but". So I keep quiet, then F-T turns up and it turns out the whole table are PLers. :$ :$ :$

Re: Sporting Odds Dollar Up MTT Tourney - February Interesting battle for the Wooden Spoon ...... are any of the players on 2 games brave enough to show? If not it's a battle for Bladesrgoingup with e4sby!!! Remember, after the next game, only those with at least 3 games are in contention for the wooden spoon!!! And the trophy?? Mr V can't afford to relax, but could there be a more popular winner? Only if Pene snatches it ;). It is by no means a 2 horse race though ........ morl and Paul can still snatch it :ok

Re: Sporting Odds Dollar Up MTT Tourney - February Message for GotaFancy/Telepe If possible could you add me to your list as as a reg player on the SO $up tourneys. I was introduce by 2Damn, my first Tourney on Mon 23rd Jan 06 and managed to make Heads'up, but only came 2nd :nana , not bad for 1st try. Can only play on the monday night game as we (2damn) play snooker on the wed night. went out 32nd monday night. PL Username=The Villan SO Username=Rich-Law Dont know if you could count back to begining of feb?? Many thanks and see you all at the tables Monday night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Sporting Odds Dollar Up MTT Tourney - February Hi Villan :welcome to the Lounge :ok Unfortunately I don't keep a record of results, so can't back date it......so looks like you will need to start afresh in March :ok When the March Thread goes up, make sure you "sign in" in the poll and you'll automatically be included :ok

Re: Sporting Odds Dollar Up MTT Tourney - February I'll have to hope for a better performance to avoid the wooden spoon! Never really do well in the dollar up, only had 1 top ten finish in 20 attempts! Plenty of practise i think over the weekend!

Re: Sporting Odds Dollar Up MTT Tourney - February Hi guys, Was playing in this comp. on Wednesday but got knocked out just before the bubble... frittering chips away :wall ... who won? Any hints on getting to that elusive final table???? Always seem to be chasing chips to stay in... playing too tight?

Re: Sporting Odds Dollar Up MTT Tourney - February TweetiePie - :welcome to the Lounge :okIs difficult to give general advice, without knowing more about the way you play, however, the one piece of good advice that applies to almost everyone, for tournaments like this, is invest in a copy of Harrington on Hold'em Volumes 1 and 2 ....... these books are very good and will almost certainly improve your game and your results :okYou say you "fritter chips away" - that makes it sound like you get involved in too many pots when you don't have a hand (i.e. you are loose), and maybe that you are too passive (i.e. you call more often than you raise). If you are struggling with your game then I think it is good advice to step back to a tight (i.e. play few starting hands) aggressive (i.e. try and raise 3-5 times the BB more often than you flat call) game.Hope that helps :okIf you let us know your alias on Sporting Odds, then we can add you to the league table :ok