Tennis : French Open (27th May-11th June 2006)

Sorry for bringing this up already, but can't look past this early bird price: French Open 2006: Davydenko to win e/w 1/2 1-2 @ 41 1/10 pts at Ukbetting I am not sure if understand how Davydenko can be this price considering the following facts: Just showed his form by giving Roger Federer a good fight in the quarterfinals at Australian Open. Was in the semifinals in Roland Garros and only lost to '8 years' Mariano Puerta(beat before Coria, Robredo). Reached semifinals on clay in the Masters Series event in Hamburg last year(beating Puerta,Ferrero), won St. Polten. Is rated in Top 5 on clay and so he should be among the top 5 for the French Open - brave move by putting odds up so early, Ukbetting, but this one is about double the price it should be.

Re: Tennis : French Open (27th May-11th June 2006)

Sorry for bringing this up already, but can't look past this early bird price: French Open 2006: Davydenko to win e/w 1/2 1-2 @ 41 1/10 pts at Ukbetting I am not sure if understand how Davydenko can be this price considering the following facts: Just showed his form by giving Roger Federer a good fight in the quarterfinals at Australian Open. Was in the semifinals in Roland Garros and only lost to '8 years' Mariano Puerta(beat before Coria, Robredo). Reached semifinals on clay in the Masters Series event in Hamburg last year(beating Puerta,Ferrero), won St. Polten. Is rated in Top 5 on clay and so he should be among the top 5 for the French Open - brave move by putting odds up so early, Ukbetting, but this one is about double the price it should be.
Personally, I wouldn't say that's value as I feel the price is about right(obviously, if you've compared his price with other books and find him to be almost double that at UKbetting opposed to the others, then there might be a case for value). It's easy to get carried away with the fact he made the SF there last year, but let's not forget this is a bloke who hasn't gotten past the 2nd Round in 4 previous attempts - then again, people could always argue the Davydenko you see today is a markedly improved one from the one from a couple of years back. Nevertheless, I still wouldn't put him in the 'Top 5' bracket just yet as there're quite a handful who are as good, if not better, as him. I certainly wouldn't want to back him just yet simply for the sake of a back-and-lay proposition as a tough draw could always throw such plans into disarray. ;)

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.