Punter's Lounge suggestion thread

Guest OllieO

Guest PaulnRay

Re: Punter's Lounge suggestion thread Ollie any chance of getting "beer detector 2002" installed so that it makes sure that some people cant post when they have had a few :lol

Guest OddsAgainst

Re: Punter's Lounge suggestion thread Is it possible to host files for download? This would allow us to share spreadsheets etc. without having to send individual emails. Mods could receive the file and, if approved, post it for download. Perhaps, though, Ezboard do not offer such a facility, but it would be nice.

Guest OllieO

Re: Punter's Lounge suggestion thread I don't think that EZBoard do that, although it would be nice to post attachments. I'm sure iit's been suggested. Perhaps I could set up a bit of free space for files. People could e-mail them to me and I could stick them up there... A bit more work than I'd rather take on though, to be honest... :/

Guest OddsAgainst

Re: Punter's Lounge suggestion thread Having thought about this perhaps we can just post a link to the file. We all have ISP's and therefore some free webspace. Hope this is allowed, here goes: Edit: Link removed as it was only there for testing purposes. Hope it works.

Guest OddsAgainst

It Works Having established that then perhaps it would be possible to provide a thread for file sharing. We could post a description along with the link and then direct folks to the file sharing thread.

Guest OllieO

Re: It Works Punter's Tools would be perfect for it. I'll start it and make it sticky so that it's alwaays at the top of the forum. Good idea Odds :) .

• 4 weeks later...
Guest golfball

Re: It Works Ollie Afternoon,evenin and mornin and all of that oul garb See the wee quick links above the pages to Brit forum/Euro forum etc........... Any chance of stickin in general chat ,football banter and the horsey forum as these are obviously well popular with the lunatics in the asylum?:) Apart from that I'm a lazy clunt who likes a one click thing

Guest Dave Mardell

Re: It Works I think the titles should be expanded somewhat. You go from being a Football punter to a guru in a mere 200 posts. I also think the range of titles should be wider, and with the advent of more forums for other sports, Football Punter is a bit naff. How about the following. Mug Punter Junior Punter Punter Seasoned Punter Senior Punter Guru Punter Legendary Punter Mythical Punter Diety Punter God Punter Ok im going over the top, and the suggestions were meant in jest....but seriously I think reworking it would be nice

Guest OllieO

Re: It Works Definitely - I came up with those titles ages ago when the PL was about a quarter as popular as it is now. I will get around to it soon :) . However, I will probably keep the Football Punter level in there somewhere because the PL does derive from Football-Punter.co.uk.

Guest Darlo Fan 1

Re: It Works Yeah I think this is a great idea, ive wanted this for a while aswell... I also think there should be done to the number of footballs next to the names, cos its far too easy to get all 4. Or would this happen along with the new status's..?!

Guest OllieO

Re: It Works Here are the new levels: Head Punter - 8 balls - me Moderating Punter - 7 balls - appointed by me God Punter - 7 balls - 2000 posts Legendary Punter - 6 balls - 1000 posts Guru Punter - 5 balls - 750 posts Senior Punter - 4 balls - 500 posts Seasoned Punter - 3 balls - 250 posts Football Punter - 2 balls - 100 posts Junior Punter - 1 ball - 50 posts Mug Punter - 0 balls - No posts Always subject to change.

Guest Dave Mardell

Re: It Works Cool. Chalk up 2 great ideas to Mardell :D *Checks new level* Woo newbie again! Better adjust my signature :)

Guest Dave Mardell

Re: It Works I've been thinking a lot about the title system on this board. I love the new titles! Had a few more ideas though. I am not sure how possible they are though. Firstly. Post "balls". Is it possible to put these all on one "row"? If so I think it would be good to go with this, as it would free up a second row for my new idea. Golden Balls! Same spinning icon, but with a yellow hue. These could be awarded by Ollie or Backhander as kind of awards to the most constructive members of this forum. For example, very few would disagree that Joe is highly deserving of one. He doesn't tip often, but his analysis of staking plans etc has saved me and many other punters the embarasment of following a martingale system! I don't know how possible this is, but think it would be really rather cool.

Guest OllieO

Re: It Works I've often thought about coloured balls. However, it would be difficult because they're gifs. If they were static then it would be easier. You could also get yellow balls if you were on a warning. THe possibilities are endless. Oh, BH doesn't have mod powers. He is taking time off to sort out his site.

Guest Dave Mardell

Re: It Works mmm I think I have got a copy of PaintShop Pro somewhere. Comes with GIF editing software. Frame by frame. If I can find it I could probably knock some some up...