** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Tennis: The value in Qualifiers

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Tennis: The value in Qualifiers Oops, I forgot to update this:$. Also forgot to include Labadze in the 2nd round, does anyone mind if I include him for completeness?:$ :$ Robby tipped him in the Wimbledon thread, so I'll take his price of 2.7. GRANOLLERS-PUJOL v Pavel @ 3.53 Pinnacle 0.79pts :@ LOST loss 0.79pts FALLA v Davydenko @ 3.00 Bet365 1pt :D WON profit 2pts STADLER v Ferrer @ 3.00 Will Hill 1pt :@ LOST loss 1pt GOODALL v van Gemerden @ 1.667 Pinnacle 3pts :@ LOST loss 3pts KARANUSIC v Ferrero @ 3.6 Pinnacle 0.77pts :@ LOST loss 0.77pts BECKER v Verdasco @ 3.3 Betfair 0.91pts :@ LOST loss 0.91pts GALVANI v Bracialli @ 4.00 Sporting Odds 0.66pts :@ LOST loss 0.66pts FALLA v Kohlschreiber @ 3.5 Pinnnacle 0.8pts :@ LOST loss 0.8pts LABADZE v Gaudio @ 2.7 Betfair 1.18pts :D WON profit 2pts

Total
betsoutlayp/l
Yield15.17%

Re: Tennis: The value in Qualifiers KUTAK v Vik 3.25 (Lad) CILIC v Seppi 3.75 (BetDirect) VEMIC v Mathieu 4.50 (Lad) but 5.00 at (Blue Square). A dilemma for the system? These are best I found at 15.40 GMT Monday. But the matches are Tuesday so maybe better prices later NEW AT 20.00 gmt KUTAC v Vik 4.14 (Pinnacle) CILIC v Seppi 3.75 (BetDirect) VEMIC v Mathieu 6.25 (Pinnacle) to 4.5 (Lad) - there are three bookies that have this below 5,

Re: Tennis: The value in Qualifiers Newport matches start from 16.00 onwards. No proper prices yet. Bastad: start from 10.00 Schukin v Minar 3.2 (Betsafe) Luczak v Calleri 3.07 (Pinnacle) 3.00 (Sporting Odds) Al Ghareeb v Ferrer 11.01 (Pinnacle

Re: Tennis: The value in Qualifiers nice one chris. I might as well do a bit of a round up: Prices under 5.0: 1st ROUND: Gstaad: KUTAK v Vik @ 3.25 Ladbrokes LOST CILIC v Seppi @ 3.75 BetDirect WON Baastad: KOROLEV v Serra @ 2.28 Pinnacle WON SCHUKIN v Minar @ 3.2 Betsafe WON LUCZAK v Calleri @ 3.07 Pinnacle LOST Newport: WHITEHOUSE v Gimelstob @ 2.88 Satn James LOST LEVINE v Bogdanovic @ 3.45 Pinnacle LOST RUSSELL v Pless @ 2.12 10 Bet VOID ARTHURS v Carlsen @ 1.91 Pinnacle WON Just for completeness and for the benefit of those collecting data, the qualifiers priced above 5.0: Gstaad NORMAN v Verdasco @ 5.9 betandwin LOST VEMIC v Mathieu @ 6.25 Pinnacle WON Baastad AL GHAREEB v Ferrer @ 11.0 Pinnacle LOST

Re: Tennis: The value in Qualifiers

Hi A-Team, Thanks for your useful update. Not having 10 Bet I used Ladbrokes for the RUSSELL v Pless. They've posted it on my account as a loss! How did you get a void? chris
Chris 10bet rules state the match must be completed, I'm afraid Russell retired at the end of the 1st set. With Ladbrokes, if it starts then the result is whoever goes through is the winner. Russell retired at the end of the 1st set. :wall

Re: Tennis: The value in Qualifiers

Stupid question time: Where can I find out who are qualifiers and who are not?
Not stupid at all.. but I haven't usually needed to find them as Mr Intesity is the main man here and he keeps us all up to speed but when I have wanted them I've delved into http://www.atptennis.com/en/ . Hope you find what you want. chris

Re: Tennis: The value in Qualifiers 2nd round update: Baastad: KOROLEV v Horna @ 2.2 bet365 WON (SCHUKIN too big @ 11.00 Pinnacle v Davydenko LOST) Newport: ARTHURS v Gimelstob @ 2.12 pinnacle LOST I'll leave the points to someone else, but it looks like another profitable week for the system.

Re: Tennis: The value in Qualifiers Thanks Chris. Now the next silly question :) (3 in fact!) When are the qualifiers normally posted on the ATP site? Wednesday night? Do you blindly bet on the qualifiers without regard for odds or are odds a consideration? and finally..... Whats the round 1 yield like versus round 2? I would assume its better?

Re: Tennis: The value in Qualifiers I'm back! Thanks for updating guys, I'll sort out the P/L table later this afternoon after I've read every other thread I've missed this week:loon.

Thanks Chris. Now the next silly question :) (3 in fact!) When are the qualifiers normally posted on the ATP site? Wednesday night? Do you blindly bet on the qualifiers without regard for odds or are odds a consideration? and finally..... Whats the round 1 yield like versus round 2? I would assume its better?
The qualifying tournament tends to take place over the wekend before each tournament. So normally you can see who's qualified on the Sunday night with the tournament starting on a Monday. However, sometimes, especially with smaller tournaments (like this week) the qualifying tournament finishes on Monday and the qualifiers don't play there first round matches until Monday. I usually put the qualifiers up here pretty sharpish on Sunday evenings when all the results are available;) . The only thing that is a consideration for me is the price. I don't bet on any of them priced over 5.00 but that is just my personal preference - actually so far this year the ones over 5.00 have prerformed extremely well - I believe the yield for over 5.00's is still over 100% so far this year!:eek Yes, round 1 is quite a bit better than round 2. I think the last time I checked it out round 1 yield was around 21% and round 2 was about 9% (also remember you get a lot more bets in round 1). Hope this helps:ok

Re: Tennis: The value in Qualifiers Hi mcgin... Glad Mr I is back and has replied to you. He's the man that knows - he's the one whose inspiration started this thread. I checked out your Betfair Api Wrapper. Looks very useful indeed but - here come's my silly question - how do I open it? When it unzips the java file just displays in notepad. I am doing something wrong. Duh! chris

Re: Tennis: The value in Qualifiers Chris, The wrapper is in fairly early stages of development at the moment, so unless your a techie able to write Java code it's of little use to you at this moment in time :\ I will be developing it a bit more in the near future so expect something a little more useful to the average non-techie punter later on down the line. If you are intent on doing something with it, and know nothing about Java, take a look at Datapunters tutorials in the Tech + Gaming section. I reckon they're some of the best tutorials for a beginner, and of course any Q's you have I'd be more then happy to answer.