Tennis: The value in Qualifiers

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis: The value in Qualifiers Some action for tomorrow: Basel 1st Round: REISTER v Garcia-Lopez @ 2.43 Pinnacle THOMANN v Kohlschreiber @ 3.0 10bet BURGSMULLER v Bastl @ 1.83 William Hill (ZIB V Federer @ 66 Pinnacle) Lyon 1st Round: MATHIEU v Benneteau (Saulnier and Falla play each other) St. Petersburg 1st Round: CILIC v Pavel ARTHURS v Robredo No prices for most of them yet. I won't be around tomorrow so someone else can do the honours.

Re: Tennis: The value in Qualifiers Thanks chris. Pretty poor day with only Arthurs winning. For Wedenesday: Lyon 1st Round: MERTINAK v Llodra @ 3.3 Pinnacle Lyon 2nd Round: SAULNIER v Grosjean @ 3.75 Stan James (not priced at most bookies yet, price should be better tomorrow) St. Petersburg 1st Round: (ZIMONJIC v Haas @ 5.16 Pinnacle) KUBOT v Sluiter @ 2.16 Pinnacle

Re: Tennis: The value in Qualifiers Utter crap this week. 3 more losers. Saulnier v Grosjean is tomorrow. injury doubt over grosjean after his doubles match so anyone playing it might be better off with a 1 ball bookie. 3.8 at eurobet is the best price at one of those. St. Petersburg 2nd Round: ARTHURS v Hernych @ 2.1 bluesq

Re: Tennis: The value in Qualifiers Qualifiers normally go well here with a 14-4 record in the 1st round in the last 3 years apparently. Tomorrow: Paris Masters 1st Round: TIPSAREVIC v Rochus @ 2.59 Pinnacle LLODRA v Verdasco @ 2.31 Pinnacle MIRNYI v Ginepri @ 2.58 Pinnacle SEPPI v Mathieu @ 3.31 Pinnacle BRACCIALI v Simon @ 2.02 Pinnacle

Re: Tennis: The value in Qualifiers I think the final stats for this will be very interesting. Seems from reading the thread that level stakes on all qualifiers would be the best strategy but unsure how the final yield will measure up in terms of first round/ second round and even maybe by surface type.

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Tennis: The value in Qualifiers Hi All I have been away for a few weeks. Great to see this has been kept going so well. Big thanks to everyone. But does anyone have any news about Mr I himself? A month or so ago i attempted to contact him both by pm and to his email address. B ut no answer. Chris

Re: Tennis: The value in Qualifiers

Hi All I have been away for a few weeks. Great to see this has been kept going so well. Big thanks to everyone. But does anyone have any news about Mr I himself? A month or so ago i attempted to contact him both by pm and to his email address. B ut no answer. Chris
:welcome back mate. We've (The Mods) made plenty of attempts to get in touch with Chris (Mr Intensity) all to no avail I'm afraid. If we hear anything we'll let you know.:ok

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Re: Tennis: The value in Qualifiers Happy Newyear everyone, with the new tennis season ahead it's time to get organised, i intend to have a go at this system so if anyone has the bets of the past season in a spreadsheet i'd appreciate a copy ( posted as attatchment or by email, see my profile ) so i can run a few numbers myself. Here's :hope to Mr I returning but if not i'm sure he won't mind if we keep this going with a bit of teamwork :ok

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Tennis: The value in Qualifiers Here we go then, going to run this very simple, starting bank 100 points, 1 point level stake per bet. You can make your own mind up on what staking to use. A note of warning however; even when last season was excellent, it does not have to be that way this season; i recommend you be conservative. Rules: back a qualifier in the first and/or second round of any major tournament. Except when playing another qualifier or Lucky Loser. Potential matches for the Australian Open : LOPEZ, Feliciano ESP vs WILSON, Brian USA (Q) FLEISHMAN, Zack USA (Q) vs CALLERI, Agustin ARG DLOUHY, Lukas CZE vs GABASHVILI, Teimuraz RUS (Q) JOHANSSON, Thomas SWE vs CHIUDINELLI, Marco SUI (Q) SELA, Dudi ISR (Q) vs SRICHAPHAN, Paradorn THA MACKIN, Alan GBR (Q) vs LAPENTTI, Nicolas ECU SEPPI, Andreas ITA vs REYNOLDS, Bobby USA (Q) LACKO, Lukas SVK (Q) vs SMEETS, Robert AUS (W) WASKE, Alexander GER (Q) vs TURSUNOV, Dmitry RUS [21] LUCZAK, Peter AUS (W) vs KUZNETSOV, Alex USA (Q) HEWITT, Lleyton AUS [19] vs RUSSELL, Michael USA (Q) BENNETEAU, Julien FRA vs CAPDEVILLE, Paul CHI (Q) Excluded, 2 qualifiers playing each other CILIC, Marin CRO (Q) vs BOZOLJAC, Ilia SRB (Q) ZVEREV, Mischa GER (Q) vs BERRER, Michael GER (Q) Well i see some of them playing sundaynight, but no prices yet, back tomorrow. I'll be using Betfair myself but i'll post up some prices as and when i find some. This is very much a learning experiance for me so feel free to join in :ok

Re: Tennis: The value in Qualifiers thanks guys, Bets placed at prices by Pinnacle : ( will be using Betfair myself placing bets close to the start of play and i'll post my betfair prices as well if there is a significant difference ) LOPEZ, Feliciano 1.333 vs WILSON, Brian 3.700 FLEISHMAN, Zack 3.850 vs CALLERI, Agustin 1.317 DLOUHY, Lukas 2.28 vs GABASHVILI, Teimuraz 1.725 JOHANSSON, Thomas 1.685 vs CHIUDINELLI, Marco 2.36 SELA, Dudi 2.34 vs SRICHAPHAN, Paradorn 1.694 The rest are playing tuesday night, no prices by pinnacle yet.

Re: Tennis: The value in Qualifiers WILSON, Brian -1 FLEISHMAN, Zack +2.850 GABASHVILI, Teimuraz -1 CHIUDINELLI, Marco -1 SELA, Dudi +1.340 Nice start. I'm back testing this system further using the draws for the ATP site and the odds from www.tennis-data.co.uk , 2004 not looking too promising so far so don't quit your day job just yet ;) Kadonovas, At the moment i don't have any odds info to be able to back-test the WTA. Could do a paper trail but tennis-data is including WTA as of this year so i can back-test later on. So mainly a matter of time-management but i won't be looking at the WTA any time soon. However, if you or someone else wants to track the WTA in this thread go for it :ok

Re: Tennis: The value in Qualifiers Tonight, MACKIN, Alan 2.410 vs LAPENTTI, Nicolas SEPPI, Andreas vs REYNOLDS, Bobby 1.99 LACKO, Lukas 1.758 vs SMEETS, Robert WASKE, Alexander 3.470 vs TURSUNOV, Dmitry LUCZAK, Peter vs KUZNETSOV, Alex 2.740 HEWITT, Lleyton vs RUSSELL, Michael 3.550 BENNETEAU, Julien vs CAPDEVILLE, Paul 3.31 Did get matched at a good price on betfair yesterday, however hardly any volume available and had to take one or 2 in-running, but feasable if you have the time :unsure

Re: Tennis: The value in Qualifiers Well, i'll do the AUS open if you don't mind. Tennis not exacty my sport. Stats not exactly my game. Bondarenko v Cohen Aloro @3.3 Voracova v Shaughness @2.8 Zakopalova v Stosur @3.8 Groenefeld v Zahalvova @2.86 Rolle v Dominguez Lino @1.83 Cornet v Hantuchova @4.4 Klepac v Peng @4.5 Paszek v Bremond @1.9 Kudryavtseva v Laine @2.22 Yesterday was a good day with 2/3 like I said. Just have no idea what the odds were.Nice to hear you are backtesting. It'll be interesting to see the results you come up with.

Re: Tennis: The value in Qualifiers MACKIN, Alan -1 REYNOLDS, Bobby -1 LACKO, Lukas -1 WASKE, Alexander -1 KUZNETSOV, Alex +1.740 RUSSELL, Michael -1 CAPDEVILLE, Paul +2.31 That's it first round for a profit of 0,24, on we go: W Arthurs 2.2 vs Z Fleishman 1.769 M Safin 1.082 vs D Sela 11.25 No prices yet, playing tomorrow: J Blake vs A Kuznetsov S Wawrinka vs P Capdeville Wouldn't waste any money on Sela, really can't see Safin giving this away, might be a good trading opportunity thou ;)

Re: Tennis: The value in Qualifiers J Blake 1.08 vs A Kuznetsov 11.00 S Wawrinka 1.382 vs P Capdeville 3.42 Pinnacle and Betfair prices are fairly close together. Great prices in-running if you have the time for it :ok ( i do :D ) Blake will prove to be too much for Kuznetsov, might be a nice trading opportunity thou, if Kuznetsov starts all guns blazing he might take the first set, one to watch.