** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

ATP Sydney/Auckland WTA Sydney starting 9th January

Re: ATP Sydney/Auckland WTA Sydney starting 9th January MOYA v Blake @ 2.49 Pinnacle 2pts Is Blake playing well? I'm not so sure - last week he Beat Martin but then lost in 3 sets to Seppi which is very poor. In the first round here he beat Sanguinetti in 3 sets but the first went to a breaker and I don't feel that is too convincing. He has the type of game that really has to be 'on' for him to be effective and get results - he isn't the type of player that will be able to grind out results when he isn't 'on'. Here he plays Moya, who is winning matches which much be a boost considering how poorly last year went for him. He reached the final in Chennai and then in the first round here he beat Grosjean in 3 very tight sets. Just a note; Grosjean had a hamstring problem last week which think accounts for the performance against El Aynaoui so don't look into that too much. The only problem here for Moya is tiredness, but I'm still willing to give him a go. H2H is 5-1 to Moya across a range of surfaces and hopefully that will give him the confidence going into this one. FERRER v Sluiter @ 1.57 Centrebet 4pts Quite surprised to see this price with a lot of books going 1.4-1.44. Not too much to say here. Sluiter is capable of the odd result but cannot seem to keep it going. I think Ferrer simply gets too many balls back accurately enough to stretch Sluiter as he is double-handed both sides. H2H is a convincing 4-0 to Ferrer across 4 different surfaces and I don't see much reason to think this will change. MASSU v C Rochus @ 1.61 WillHill 4pts I would have expected Massu to be over-rated coming into this after a big win against Hrbaty but surely he isn't at 1.61. Confidence is all important and after 7 straight losses the win against Hrbaty must make Massu feel great. I don't see much in this match up to favour Rochus. Massu should be able to use his forehand to take control of the rallies and batter Rochus into submission. Massu is a much classier player with a better all round game and I expect him to control this encounter. H2H is 2-0 to Massu both straightforward.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: ATP Sydney/Auckland WTA Sydney starting 9th January Can't believe the results from last night:wall I think some atp players may be having a dabble themselves,never known so many outsiders winning. Even Massu turn up for a game:loon Think we could be in trouble if this carries on. I'm leaving tennis alone till the Aussie open.

Re: ATP Sydney/Auckland WTA Sydney starting 9th January

Hewitt has a virus so this doesn't look too promising:puke. Considering laying it off as you can lay at 3.15 now on Betfair but going to wait until tomorrow to see if there's any news about him possibly getting better and of course some big names may go out tonight shortening the price.
I'm going to leave it as the top half of the draw has really opened up. If Hewitt gets past Melzer he will face the winner of Guccione/Seppi and in the semis would face whoever comes through Andreev/Luczak/Serra/Tursunov. Still some class in the bottom half, but if Hewitt was fit, he would be odds on to win the tournament.

SportTennis
SelectionAncic
Date2006-01-10
EventAndrew Murray - Mario Ancic
Bookmaker/Price>Bet365 @ 1.80 (Back)
ReasoningMario beat WC player Mark Nielsen in first round (6:2,6:1).He won with his team in Davis Cup and make the main third point and get positive power. Murray said beat Carlsen (7:5,6:2)in first round.He played very poor,like a woman,lost many serves and made also four DF in one game. I trust here in Ancic, because he have a very power serve and at this surface is good for my bet.
SportTennis
SelectionY. J. Cho + Vaidisova to win
Date2006-01-10
EventY. J. Cho - M. Czink & N. Vaidisova- Hantuchova
Bookmaker/PriceEurobet @ 2.56 (Back)
ReasoningVaidisova is better player, more consistent and more fresh then Hantuchova.Vaidisova is only 16 years old, but already has 62 wins and 20 loss at WTA tour.Hantuchova played two very long matches in two days, especially last night against very inconsistent Schnyder. --------------------------------------------- Cho made a good start here beating Sofia Arviddson and Emma Laine in two sets with the same 6-4 6-4 result.I rate Cho as a much better player, with much stronger hits .Melinda Czink should already be very happy with her performance at this tournament.

Re: ATP Sydney/Auckland WTA Sydney starting 9th January Moya retired before the match:unsure MOYA v Blake @ 2.49 Pinnacle 2pts :\ VOID profit 0pts MASSU v C Rochus @ 1.61 WillHill 4pts :D WON profit 2.44pts W/L: 5/5 Staked: 50pts Profit: -12.192pts Yield: -24.38% The outrights don't look so bad - Hewitt, Gonzalez and O Rochus cruised through last night.

Re: ATP Sydney/Auckland WTA Sydney starting 9th January HEWITT v Seppi @ 1.20 Pinnacle 8pts Hewitt looked fine physically against Melzer and should be very strong in this one. This price is very much affected by Hewitts illness and Seppis win over Blake last week. However those 3 matches last week and 4 very tough matches this week in the heat (I know it started raining yesterday) I think its Seppi's fitness we need to look at. He plays over 80% of his tennis in Europe and simply won't be used to the conditions. I expect Hewitt to give him a real beating in his one. Don't think I've got much interest in anything else - still lots in the outrights though:D

Re: ATP Sydney/Auckland WTA Sydney starting 9th January HEWITT v Seppi @ 1.20 Pinnacle 8pts :@ LOST loss 8pts Sydney Outright HEWITT @ 3.25 Stan James 2pts :@ LOST loss 2pts Auckland Outright GONZALEZ @ 4.50 Stan James 2pts :@ LOST loss 2pts W/L: 5/8 Staked: 62pts Profit: -24.192pts Yield: -39.01% At least Rochus is into the semis in Auckland:tongue2

ATP TOUR / Auckland , Sidney / 13.01 Igor Andreev 1,72 Pinnacle Sports 8/10 Igor even if finding it hard has won two very good match, especially the last one against a hot player like Tursy, he seems in confidence and I prefer decidedly him to Andreas, that yesterday has won a match of prestige..... even if there is from saying that Lleyton lead 6-4 4-2 and has varied balls for the 5-2, moreover has served for the match, had match point and from how as I can be read he has had a great physical decrease in the end of the match , ..... but with a Hewitt as in the first hour of game creed would not have been found again here today and therefore some demerit also, Previous both to favor of the player from Moksva, even if both play only on Clay. Igor for me more is accustomed to this type of match draws near and has some solution in more on this surface, therefore I follow him with discreet conviction, even if he is not absolutely from underrating how much of bond is making Seppi. Igor Andreev - Andres Seppi Pick : Igor Andreev Odds : 1.72 Bookmaker : Pinnacle Sports Stake : 8/10

Re: ATP Sydney/Auckland WTA Sydney starting 9th January ROCHUS v Nieminen @ 1.84 Pinnacle 4pts I really like Rochus at this price. He really seems to love it at this tournament reaching the final last year and now in the semis this year. He has ben very strong so far and destroyed Ferrer yesterday. I expect him to take a lot of confidence from that and put in a good performance here. Nieminen has also been playing well but I feel the last two opponents (Goldstein and Massu) would have really suited his style. However, Rochus I feel is much better equipped to deal with it, especially with him movement and consistancy. Also Rochus 3-1 H2H. ANCIC v Wawrinka @ 1.448 Pinnacle 4pts Ancic ripped Gonzalez apart yesterday in a game I thought he would find really tough. Now he plays Wawrinka who simply doesn't have the weapons to hurt him. Wawrinka has done well to get this far, however, he has played 3 guys who don't serve anywhere near the level of Ancic. In fact, Ancic is a few levels ahead in most departments. Also, he has a lot more experience in this part of tournaments and I'd expect that experience to show and this should be comfortable. ANDREEV v Seppi @ 1.709 Pinnacle 4pts Cannot believe Seppi beat Hewitt yesterday especially considering how far ahead Hewitt was. Surely he is now overrated coming into this. Like I said yesterday he has had a lot of tough matches and the one yesterday is another to add. I see Andreev being in much better shape to take this one, even though he has been very up and down in this tournament. He was strong against Tursunov, and beating his countryman should give him confidence coming into this. Gasquet served poorly against Andreev in the first round and Andreev really tore it apart - I'd expect him to be able to do something similar to Seppis serve. Also he has a lot more experience in this part of the tournament, and a nice 2-0 H2H.

Re: ATP Sydney/Auckland WTA Sydney starting 9th January Threads merged now, Mr I;) :welcome to Punter's Lounge, Punters Way. Good luck with your picks and hope you enjoy the site. However, posting a direct link to your site is subject to agreement with Paul Ross, the boss and therefore, please, get in contact with him first, otherwise the link will be removed at any occasion it appears without approval from our side.

Re: ATP Sydney/Auckland WTA Sydney starting 9th January OK i know i said i was leaving the tennis till the Aus Open but Ancic looks good against Wawrinka,gonna have some of that. Also wanted to say that although i won't be putting any money on Nieminen i think he may beat Rochus.Nieminen was in the top 20 before he broke his wrist and looks to be coming back to that sort of form again,so watch out.

Re: ATP Sydney/Auckland WTA Sydney starting 9th January It looks like William Hill may have made a mistake. I advise you all to have a look. In the ATP AUckland tournament they have Niemenen at 10/1 outright!!!!!. Compared to many other bookies offering around 5/2 or 11/4. As far as match betting they have it about 50/50 against Rochus, who is much lower than 10/1. This is one of those rare mistakes and has got to be worth taking unless Hills are taking abig risk themselves or know something we don't!

It looks like William Hill may have made a mistake. I advise you all to have a look. In the ATP AUckland tournament they have Niemenen at 10/1 outright!!!!!. Compared to many other bookies offering around 5/2 or 11/4. As far as match betting they have it about 50/50 against Rochus, who is much lower than 10/1. This is one of those rare mistakes and has got to be worth taking unless Hills are taking abig risk themselves or know something we don't!
Very interesting but surely it's an obvious error? They have about right prices on Rochus and Ancic, but are a bit short on Wawrinka. The book percentage shows you that it's an error so I wouldn't be trying to arb with other places as it could get very messy. Good luck with it - but you won't get paid (cos Rochus will beat him tonight anyway:lol )

Re: ATP Sydney/Auckland WTA Sydney starting 9th January Yes, their own odds throw up an arb, which is a sign of an obvious error. But then again, I just rang them up to check the price, and I was assured that it WAS the correct price. My phone call was recorded, and I took the fella's name, so if they try and void this one, it will be me and Will Hill at IBAS (again). I did my best to tell them it wasn't the right price (without saying Nieminen was best price 11/4 anywhere else!). Silly arses.

But then again, I just rang them up to check the price, and I was assured that it WAS the correct price. My phone call was recorded, and I took the fella's name, so if they try and void this one, it will be me and Will Hill at IBAS (again). I did my best to tell them it wasn't the right price (without saying Nieminen was best price 11/4 anywhere else!). Silly arses.
Thats a cracker:lol :lol :lol - you should have told them you wanted to back all the players:lol :lol :lol

It looks like William Hill may have made a mistake. I advise you all to have a look. In the ATP AUckland tournament they have Niemenen at 10/1 outright!!!!!. Compared to many other bookies offering around 5/2 or 11/4. As far as match betting they have it about 50/50 against Rochus, who is much lower than 10/1. This is one of those rare mistakes and has got to be worth taking unless Hills are taking abig risk themselves or know something we don't!
It's still there - they even have Rochus as a slight favourite over Nieminen:lol

Re: ATP Sydney/Auckland WTA Sydney starting 9th January cheers paulphi :nana read the post at 10.50pm, managed to check the odds, set up an account - all before 11pm when the book shut ancic won 6-3, 6-1 won a minimum of £25, backing everyone bar warwinka. not bad for 5 minutes work! :notworthy paulphi, i salute you!

Re: ATP Sydney/Auckland WTA Sydney starting 9th January Why do my outrights keep losing in the semis?:wall Auckland Outright OLIVIER ROCHUS E/W @ 19.00 Stan James (1/2, 1,2) 1pt E/W :@ LOST loss 2pts ROCHUS v Nieminen @ 1.84 Pinnacle 4pts :@ LOST loss 4pts ANCIC v Wawrinka @ 1.448 Pinnacle 4pts :D WON profit 1.792pts ANDREEV v Seppi @ 1.709 Pinnacle 4pts :D WON profit 2.836pts W/L: 7/10 Staked: 76pts Profit: -25.564pts Yield: -33.64% :sad

Re: ATP Sydney/Auckland WTA Sydney starting 9th January Just got this through Dear Sir/Madam, We are unfortunately writing to inform you of a display error that occurred on the William Hill website for J Nieminen in the ATP Auckland competition. The price was inadvertently displayed as 10/1, when it should have displayed as 10/3 , and as such your bet has been captured incorrectly. In accordance with Rule F Acceptance of Bets: "We cannot allow for mistakes or accept responsibility for any errors or omissions in respect of the announcing, publishing or marking of prices, runners or results despite our every effort to ensure total accuracy. We reserve the right to correct obvious errors".

Just got this through Dear Sir/Madam, We are unfortunately writing to inform you of a display error that occurred on the >William Hill website for J Nieminen in the ATP Auckland competition. The price was inadvertently displayed as 10/1, when it should have displayed as 10/3 , and as such your bet has been captured incorrectly. In accordance with Rule F Acceptance of Bets: "We cannot allow for mistakes or accept responsibility for any errors or omissions in respect of the announcing, publishing or marking of prices, runners or results despite our every effort to ensure total accuracy. We reserve the right to correct obvious errors".
So it's void or are they going to give you 10/3?:unsure