BH's Sports-Punter Diary

Ok guys, i've recently entered the competition Paul is running on our sister site Sports-Punter.com . With great prize money up for grabs every month its got to be worth a shot. To double the cash prizes you need to post the bets on the PL. Although i'm a bit late with this for this month as ive had two bets already, i thought i'd keep a diary of my selections in this forum. Its definitely a strategy rather than a system, my initial aim was to have 1 bet a day but with time constraints and so on it may turn out to be a bit sporadic but who knows. For those that dont know, the stakes are based on a strength of 1-10, you can use any of the bookies that appear on the site, if you back e/w then its obviously 5pts e/w max. I usually bet Football, Horse Racing and Golf but if theres a bet out there i fancy , i'll include it. Just for the record my two bets to date are; Arsenal v Man Utd; Man Utd (Draw no bet) Evens 10pts Man City v Spurs; Spurs (Draw no Bet) 2.20 10pts First bet Void and 12pts from second bet Current bank stands at 12.00pts Any proofing can be seen here http://www.sports-punter.com/index.php?p=tipster&t=586&sport_id=all Cheers BH

Re: BH's Sports-Punter Diary Good luck Billy:ok So will this thread constitute "So if you post a tip on Tennis, then you must put this in the Tennis thread on PuntersLounge.com Forum also, if you post a tip on UK Football, then you must put this in the UK Football forum on PuntersLounge.com Forum also etc..., to qualify for the DOUBLE PRIZE MONEY, otherwise you will only receive the single amount.":unsure Doesn't seem like it does:unsure.

Re: BH's Sports-Punter Diary Cheers Mr I, not sure if this will count for the double prize money or not, in my reasoning on SP i put see thread in S&S on punters lounge. At the end of the day its a bit of fun and i like the idea of keeping a diary of my bets and i wont win any prize money anyway. I'll ask Paul later. Anyway, ive found a bet for today after a bit of digging around. Horse Racing - 1.55 Wetherby A tight looking Handicap on paper, you just need to find one that may improve a couple of pounds to get the edge. Woody Valentine comes into that category, highly thought of last year and ran quite well on a few occaisions without reaching top class. Had his sites lowered and hacked up in a novice hurdle earlier, ran well at Cheltenham last time out and rated 120. The stable is flying which could in itself give us that couple of extra pounds we need. I think this horse is better than we have seen so far, the only one concern is the ground, wouldnt want it to get too soft. Woody Valentine (E/W) 6/1 at Paddy Power 2pts E/W

Re: BH's Sports-Punter Diary Ok, had a look at the first Golf event this year and with only 28 players in the field the betting opps are limited. Want to bet against Sean O'Hair and they are a few match ups. He has had 7 weeks off, reckons he picked up a club in the last week so a good opportunity to go against him. Ive gone for KJChoi, who if nothing else is very consistant, long hitter and on his day can go on a right roll with his putter. Jim Furyk was my pick to win it but the odds have gone, dont like his match ups against Singh and Garcia either. Temprted with a two ball bet against Campbell today but have settled on Furyk to be top USA player at a nice 11/4. Won at the course twice in great nick, winning before xmas and may need his experience around here if the wind blows, been raining aswell so accuracy is a must. Bets KJChoi to bt S.O'Hair 72 holes ; 1.90 at SOdds 5pts JFuryk to be top USA player; 3.75 at Skybet 2pts. PS; Woody Valentine finished 3rd after never being in the race. E/W money safe at least. Cheers BH

Re: BH's Sports-Punter Diary Update; Bets : 5 Won : 2 NR : 1 Pending : 2 Bank : 13pts Ok, big football weekend and picked six to back and one to lay. Watford - Lay Really fancy Bolton's class to show through here although they will be missing a few players. Watford will be pleased with a draw so i'll lay them at 3.8 for 2pts Southampton Taking the Saints to boost their confidence against a poor MKDons side who are struggling again this year. Burley will be desperate for another victory to keep the fans on his side. 8pts 1.44 Blue Sq Blackburn QPR will find this very diffucult compared to some Championship games. Blackburn are in great form especially at home and take them to win convincingly. 8pts 1.40 Bet365 Birmingham The Blues go down to Torquay who must be one of the worst sides in the league. Looks tricky at first but the gulf between these side is enormous and Steve Bruce will make sure his stars are up for this. 8pts 1.50 Tote Preston Crewe are going through a terrible spell and the fact that they play another Championship side will take the 'cup factor' out of this tie and fully expect Preston to carry on their great form of late. 6pts 1.57 Skybet C.Palace Ian Dowie has Palace finally playing something like what we come to expect. At home they are very hard to breakdown and Northampton will find this a tough test. 6pts 1.40 Skybet Charlton Great value at 1.95, the premiership outfit are a different class to Wednesday who continue to dissappoint their loyal fans, Charlton have a poor Cup record but worth an interest. 4pts 1.95 Hills Cheers BH. PS, Mr I, you were right, these would have to go in seperate forums to count coz this is NOT a system its a strategy!

Re: BH's Sports-Punter Diary Update Bets 12 Won 8 Lost 1 NR 1 Pend 2 Bank : + 23.34pts Birmingham let me down on the Footy matches. The Golf looks like being a winner and a close one. KJChoi is 10 shots clear of O'Hare with just tomorrow to go. Furyk has 3 other USA players for company so could go either way. BH

Re: BH's Sports-Punter Diary Just two football bets to add today. Decided on trying to find some value in the very short odds matches at Burton and Sunderland. Although we had some close games among the so called cert matches yeasterday i reckon both Man Utd and Sunderland will win without much fuss. Bets; Man Utd -1 goal : 10pts 1.40 PaddyPower Sunderland -1 goal : 6pts 1.80 Centrebet Cheers BH

Re: BH's Sports-Punter Diary Update Both Golf bets landed and one winner and a loser on the football, tried to be greedy with the Man Utd game and got what i deserved! Bets : 14 Won : 11 Lost : 2 NR : 1 Bank : 28.14 Yield : 34.07% Strike: 84.62% Cheers BH

Re: BH's Sports-Punter Diary Horse bet for tomorrow Unfortunately wont be around in morning to take a price about this animal so will have to go with SP, which i fear will be much shorter than the 9/4 in the Racing Post. Mount Clerigo runs in the 300 at Leicester. A faller last time out when just losing his place behind the impressive 'The Listener' in a grade 2 race. That was still a good run in the context of this race. Being aimed at the festival so will need to win this if thats to remain a target. Two market rivals met last time in a similar race but both are stepping up in trip, they also need to improve again to get near Mt Clerigo. Bet: Mount Clerigo 3.00 Leics : 6pts win SP Will look at Semi Finals of carling Cup later. BH

Re: BH's Sports-Punter Diary Had a look at tonights Semi Final and have decided i want to be on Arsenals side as far as betting opportunities go. They are supposed to be playing a much stronger line up than at Doncaster in the last round and Wigan havnt been that consistant of late, with a home defeat by Blackburn and failing to put away Leeds it doesnt give me any confidence in backing them. Arsenal could go and settle for a draw being only the first leg so it pays to be cautious. On the other hand 7/2 on the Handicap is too tempting for me also. 2 bets covering both angles Lay Wigan 3.75 @ Betfair 10pts Arsenal -1 goal 4.50 @ Bet365 2pts Update: Mount Clerigo could only manage 3rd and was well beaten by a 20/1 rag. Back to the drawing board for that horse! and me!! BH

Re: BH's Sports-Punter Diary Well Arsenal completed a miserable day for me and wiped out my profit, wish the lights had stayed off!! Put up 3 golf bets for the weekend in this weeks Sony Open on the US Tour. Gone for Vaughan Taylor to continue his good form (4th last week) and beat Justin Rose over 72 holes. Rose been out in the cold recently but has played ok here before but will need to again. Also take Alex Cejka to be placed in the 'top european' market. There are only 9 Europeans playing so first three is a value bet here. Cejka won his playing rights for the US Tour this year and has plyed the course before. The last bet is for Michelle Wie NOT to make the cut. Cant see her handling all the pressure and the course which will be shot under par by those making saturday. Taylor to bt Rose 1.91 @ VC 6pts Cjeka E/W top Euro player 8.5 @ Skybet 3pts Wie not to make cut 1.33 @ PaddyPower 10pts Bets 17 Won 11 Lost 5 NR 1 Bank (7.36) SR; 68.75% BH

Re: BH's Sports-Punter Diary Right, next bet is on tonights Semi Final, sucker for punishment! Going for over 2.5 goals on this one at 2.22 on Betfair. Fancy Blackburn will see this as there chance of qualifying by getting a couple of goals at home against a weakened Man Utd side. With a bench full of stars Utd could try and rescue any damage late on so i reckon over evens is a bit of value. You might want to get on 0-0 now! 7pts win

Re: BH's Sports-Punter Diary Dont ask me how that game ended 1-1 but thats how it goes sometimes. Never mind long way to go yet! Horse bet for tomorrow; Fabulous Jet in the 130 Ludlow 5pts EW SP Best form by far in the race and is 13/2 with RPost betting. Two ex flat horses head the market but must have agreat chance of making the frame, trained by Venetia Williams who is still in great nick. Full update tomorrow when SP site is settled.

Re: BH's Sports-Punter Diary Well this Fabulous Jet went off 7/4 fav would you believe after some heavy support, the original fav which was Evens went off at 9/2! Add to that it only won coz a horse fell at the last it made for an interesting race. Anyway its a winner. Update later Edit, site updated now Bets 22 Won 12 Lost 6 NR 1 Pend 3 Bank (3.86) SR 66.67% Yield (2.86)%

Re: BH's Sports-Punter Diary Ok, Four football games i have a view on at the prices available. Liverpool 1.70 10pts @ Centrebet I follow Spurs and must admit the 4th position flatters us, Liverpool are solid at home once again and Spurs are going to find this difficult. Blackburn 2.30 5pts @ Centrebet Expect a tight game here, in fact one that Rovers would have lost this time last year but they look more of a threat going forward and Bolton have players missing due to the African nations. Good value above Evens. Cardiff City 2.20 5pts @ Centrebet Cardiff are going well and burnley are inconsistant at best away from home, I wanted to Lay Burnley but not enough volume for the SP Comp to be allowed so i'll risk a home win. Rushden LAY 10pts 3.10 @ betfair Enough liquidity in this game with £630 available to lay. Rushden have lost a few players in the transfer window and were struggling anyway, i fully expect Wrexham to get something here. BH

Re: BH's Sports-Punter Diary Just a quick one to put up my bets for today Wigan lay @ 2.04 Betfair 8pts Just fancy a real scrappy game between two ordinary sides. Wigan are under strength and West Brom will see this game as a chance for something in their scrap at the bottom. The value is laying Wigan at just over Evens. Chelsea -1 goal @1.75 Centrebet 10pts Cant see any other result in a convincing Chelsea win here, cant back them at 1.22 to win so will take the 1.75 on the handicap, fuly expect Chelsea to win by 2 or 3 goals here. Sunderland have struggled against much weaker teams recently. PS 3 out of 4 yesterday on the football and 2/3 Golf bets already landed and Cjeka made the cut and could give a return if he has a decent last round tonight. Update tomorrow. BH

Re: BH's Sports-Punter Diary One winner one loser on the football and the last Golf bet went down. 3 games i fancy a bet on tonight are as follows; Birmingham v Torquay Over 2.5 goals 10pts @ 1.66 Stan James Fancy birmingham will put the first game out of their minds and an encouraging display on saturday will have them set up for this, A comfortable victory in mind but a value bet is over 2.5. Wigan or Draw 10pts 1.61 @ Sporting Odds Just taking Wigan to show the difference between the Premier and the Championship leagues, expect a tight game with few goals but take Wigan to edge it. Stoke 10pts 1.61 @ Ladbrokes Stoke wont make the same mistake this time and expect to show their class against a Tamworth side who may have had their chance in the first game. Update: Bank 15.00 Bets 28 Won 18 Lost 9 NR 1 SR 66.67% Yield 6.93%

Re: BH's Sports-Punter Diary Just 1 out of 3 last night! Trying to find some bets for tonight and came up with the following; First goal under 30 mins, 10pts 1.72 @ VC This is the Man Utd game and expect Utd to try and put this tie to bed early on, under 30 mins is fair value i reckon. Burton First Booking, 10pts 1.72 @ paddy power A bit of a novelty bet but not bad value when you think about it. Burton will be fired up and a few mistimed tackles will surely be comitted. Under 2.5 goals, 10pts 2.0 @ Stan james This is the Everton game, quite surprise to find evens with two low scoring sides and a cup tension atmosphere aswell. Over 2.5 goals, 10pts 1.95 @ centrebet On the Boston/Carlisle game, both sides average over 1 goal a game and Carlisle are in fine form at present. Be surprised if this is goaless. BH

Re: BH's Sports-Punter Diary Just a quickie about the Golf this week, missed the early start of the US tour but still in time to have a look at the Abhu Dhabi event. Garcia is matched up with DiMarco at Sporting Odds, i feel this is a mistake on their part. DiMarci cant seem to do well outside of the US and its his first event this season while Garcia is so consistant nowdays and played well in Hawaii. 10pts Garcia 1.66 @ SOdds. BH

Re: BH's Sports-Punter Diary Golf 1 behind now! 2 rounds to go. Football Saturday Arsenal v Everton Taking Arsenal for a comfortable victory, backing them to win and also with a 1 goal Handicap. Everton had hard game in midweek and the Gunners are beginning to fire now the midfield are strong again supplying the ammo for Mr Henry. 10pts 1.72 @ BSq 5pts -1 goal 3.00 @ PP Birmingham 10pts 2.15 @ Centrebet Brum are playing better than results might suggest, Sutton looks a good buy and a partnership with Heskey/Forsell could see them out of danger but must beat sides like Pompey to achieve it. Lay Derby 3.35 @ betfair 10 pts Fancy Coventry to beat Derby but will take the lay and include the draw coz Cov do let in late goals!! Derby are very inconsistant and Cov a good at home. Preston and Draw 1.53 @ SOdds 10pts Cant lay Burnley, not enough volume as yet so will take Preston and the draw with SOdds. Could be a tight game but Preston are looking at the play offs so will want to keep their excellent away record going here. Horse Racing Fancy one on saturday at Lingfield 2.20 in a novice chase. Only 4 runners and only really 2 to concentrate on. The fav is overrated and only beat a moderate bunch last time while Foreman has been keeping company in graded races. Ran well twice over the bigger fences and with McCoy on board i think Foreman will prove to be better class, around 7/4 but will take SP for 10pts.

Re: BH's Sports-Punter Diary Apart from getting the Arsenal game completely wrong, i had a good day with wins for Birmingham, Coventry and Preston. The horse won as it liked at 11/8 so profit now up to £60. Garcia finds himself 3 behind DiMarco with just one round left so not looking hopeful there. Couple of bets for tomorrow; 10pts @ 2.2 Bet365 Both teams to Score at Chelsea/Charlton Looking for a value bet having decided not to back Chelsea at rediculous odds. Will be a major shock if Chelsea dont score so the odds are for Charlton scoring really? They have always looked good going forward and Chelsea have been letting one or two in lately. 10pts @1.57 SportingOdds Liverpool and Draw. I feel a draw would be ok for Liverpool and if its tight late on they might settle for it. Utd are under enormous pressure to win. Especially having just lost Manc Derby, probrably a good time to play Utd and although i expect a close game i'll just edge with Liverpool and the Draw. Was going to lay both Stenson and DiMarco in the golf, short prices for players known to have the wobbles when in contention. Vijay, Monty and Garcia are just a couple of shots too far back so left it.

Re: BH's Sports-Punter Diary One winner one loser today thanks to Rio's 90th min goal!!!! Garcia came third overall but unfortunately his match up won the tournemant. Cant win em all! Bank: 52.60 Yield : 13.66% S/R : 28/43 - 65.12% Will have a look at the Hammers game for another value bet.

Re: BH's Sports-Punter Diary Just had a couple of Ante Post bets; 10pts Man Utd to finish 2nd behind Chelsea. Evens available on Blue Sq, after todays result and with Liverpool involved in Europe i reckon Utd will go for broke to finish 2nd now. 10pts Only one Midland side to be relegated. 4/5 @ blue Sq Cracking bet this, Sunderland are gone and Portsmouth look in trouble to me, that leaves WBA or Brum to fill third spot. Cant see them both surviving to be honest, only Boro or Fulham could get sucked into it but think they are good enough to escape. Monday match; Both teams to score, 10pts 1.83 @ Bet365 Fulham are average away from home and concede every game while WHU are not the safest of defences ive seen this year, could do over 2.5 goals but will stick with this bet.

Re: BH's Sports-Punter Diary Right, Footy bet won last night so having a couple of 'unusual' bets on tonights semi final. Arsenal v Wigan 10pts 1.72 @ PP Wigan to get the first Card. I feel that Wigan will come out and try to bully Arsenal and knock them out of their stride, wont be long before a mis-timed tackle or two fly in. 10pts 3.25 @ Bet365 Most goals in 1st half. Reckon this is a good value bet, Arsenal were leading both Portsmouth and Boro 4-0 at HT lately and can fly out the traps. If they get a couple of golas up they may just sit back anyway and still qualify, must be good value, win or lose.

Re: BH's Sports-Punter Diary One winner one loser last night so slight loss on the day. Picked two for tonight and done my golf bets for this weeks events. Man Utd v Blackburn Same as last night for similar reasons, backing Rovers to get first card and most goals in first half, just think Utd will come out firing to try and put the tie to bed early on and then protect the lead, Rovers will be fighting all the way and not always within the laws! 10pts Most goals 1st half 3.25 @ BetDirect 10pts Rovers 1st Card 1.61 @ PP Quatar Open Golf Two match ups both taking on Soren Hansen with Gonzalez and A.Hansen Gonzalez is a player you have to catch while in the mood which he certainly is at the minute and Anders Hansen is threatening a big tournament soon. Both paird with Soren Hansen who hasnt reproduced his form of two years ago for sometime. 10pts Gonzales to bt SHansen 72 holes 1.72 @ SOdds 10pts A.hansen to bt S.Hansen 72 holes 1.78 @ Bet365 Buick Invitational Going for Garcia to carry on his impressive start to the season, too many good players to back outright so will take the price to be top European in a weak contingent from this side of the pond. Parnevic is playing with anew lease of life this year and must be backed at underdog against fellow swede Pettersson. 8pts Garcia Top European 3.25 @ VC 10pts Parnevic to bt Petteresson 2.0 @ Hills Update tomorrow.

Re: BH's Sports-Punter Diary OK, will update figures after the Golf ends. Gonzales -9, A Hansen -1, S Hansen +2 ~ looking good at the moment! Parnevic -10, Pettersson -2 ~ looking good also! Garcia -7, currently 3rd in the European Players, need some luck! Winner and a loser on the Footy the other night but a profit anyway. Two for tomorrow Going to lay two teams that are at home in matches against teams that are playing well at the moment and represent a bit of value. Reading 8pts Lay @ 2.48 Betfair Although they appear to be flying high at the moment i still think there is a class difference between the Championship and the Premiership. Add to that Reading havnt always picked their strongest side in the cup and Birmingham have improved a lot recently. West Ham 8pts Lay @ 2.56 Betfair The hammers havnt produced their best at home this season and Blackburn have proved to be a strong Cup side with a manager who seems to know how to get a result from matches like this, As long as the midweek game hasnt taken the edge off Blackburn i expect them to get at least a replay.

Re: BH's Sports-Punter Diary Had a good look at the footy and picked out 5 bets for tonight. QPR v Leicester; Lay QPR 2.18 Betfair 8pts Leicester are fighting for their lives and will battle it out to the end, QPR are no great shakes and can see a low scoring game. City are value here. Wigan v Everton; Lay Wigan 2.44 Betfair 8pts Another low scoring game here i reckon and Wigan's squad look like they need a rest, they wont get one tonight from Everton and fully expect a draw at least for the visitors. Fulham v Spurs; Over 2.5 goals 2.30 Betfair 10pts Can see both teams scoring here, Fulham have good home record and Spurs can score on the road. Plymouth v Southampton; Lay Plymouth 2.44 Betfair 8pts Burley has the Saints looking more solid and another low scoring game is on the cards here and one goal from Southampton could be enough to land the bet. MKDons v Nottm For; Lay MK Dons 2.78 Betfair 7pts Forset will be looking to forget their disappointing performance last friday. The Dons are struggling again this season and would be happy with a point. Forest will go for the win to get them back in reach of the play offs. BH