Opinions please

Guest bcrazy

Guest bcrazy

I am thinking about setting up a weekly topic named "Punters Lounge Bet of the Week" in which whoever wanted to would post their bet of the week taking oddds into account obviously(probably restricted to the EPLn though) and then I would do some quick calculations i.e. 1 point for each time a team is picked and -1 point each time their opponent is picked and then the team with the most points is the bet of the week. This should combine many skillful tipsters opions and provide a profitable tipping system. Ollie, if you dont want me to do this just say or whoever is Mod for the Britian section. Was just wondering what other people thought of the idea.

Guest madmick

Re: Opinions please I don't think you need to have negative points for a teams opponents? Also - it might be worth allowing people to 'stake' from 1 to 5 points to indicate the strength of the bet? That might be too much work to administer though?

Guest Indigo Imac

Re: Opinions please We had a few threads like that last season, with George & Paul Ross both having dual threads going on at the same time :lol

Guest bcrazy

Re: Opinions please Madmick, the reason I would have -1 points when the opposition is chosen is if there is a big match such as Arsenal vs Man U then this would probably get a lot more tips overall so with my system if there were 6 votes for Man U and 4 for Arsenal then it would mean Man U = +2 rather than without any minus points which would give Man U = 6. This system prevents it being a tip on big games each week and concentrates more on the percentage going for one side instead of the amount of people. The administering should not be too difficult as I will set the thread up around Wednesday and probably not post again till I have totalled it up around midday Saturday. I managed to help with the Whirled Cup so I want another challenge.

Guest OllieO

Re: Opinions please Sounds good, as long as you are willing to take on the challenge of administering it. So many things are suggested without people really taking into consideration how much work it requires. But, no, I don't have a problem with it. It would also be interesting to keep a tally to see how successful the Punter's Lounge is as a whole against the bookies.

Guest OddsAgainst

Re: Opinions please I like it as well. Are you looking for just the tips or would you require the underlying reasons for selection? If the selection is generated by a system would it be acceptable to give some details of the system at the beginning and thereafter "System Bet"

Guest bcrazy

Re: Opinions please The reasons behind the tips will not be required but could be posted to make people more confident about the tip anyway. It isnt really a system, its just down to which bets the members of the Punters Lounge tip. And I will keep a record of the tips throughout the season as I really hope this will combine many skillful punters tips together and give a profit.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bcrazy

Re: Fine Right then I will sort this out and it will start in the UK Football forum for the 2nd week of the season. Main reason for that is that I am on holiday for the first but also at least some sort of form will exist to follow.