NHL Wed 4/1

YTD 43-43-0, +16.99 pts, +13.12% Atlanta (ML) to bt CAROLINA @ 2.50 - 2 PTS *B365* Atlanta in a bit better shape atm although off two consecutive matches while Carolina resting since NYE. Atlanta off two wins (including thumping Hasek-less Ottawa), Carolina off three losses and a win. Both positive records vs. division opponents, Atlanta 3-2 L5, Car 2-3 L5. H2Hs provide an interesting pattern. Atlanta 3-2 @ Carolina in L3 seasons and won both games played there this season (and won well @ that), carolina, on the other hand, won the one played @ Atlanta. @ 6/4 my money's on the Thrashers. The same price available @ SportingBet, slightly less @ Pinnacle. Florida (ML) to bt NYI @ 2.40 - 1 PT *Pinnacle* Fla were disappointing last night, but I gues it was just not their night. Althought the Panters played last night and the Isles two nights ago, I can see rejuvenated Panthers tonite in the meeting of two poorish teams, in which Luongo can make the difference once again. Florida are 3-2 in last five, but NYI are shocking 0-5. Before losing to NJD, Florida were riding a three game winning streak, which can't be said about NYI as even before hitting the cold streak, they managed to win a game here and there, but not on regular basis. The teams also met twice this season with the away team winning each time.

Re: NHL Wed 4/1 They are what you'd call a safe bet, The Rat, although Hasek's fitness is a bit questionable (he was withdrawn from the lineup minutes before the Atlanta match due to severe pain in the back, but wants to play tonight). I personally never back a team in NHL @ such short odds, though. Godd luck anyway;)

Re: NHL Wed 4/1 Oh dear, how much closer can it get. Fells like seconditins when you bet on horses - Atlanta led the way only to choke in the third and Florida were also ahead most of the time only to concede the decider in OT:( Still well ahead for the season, but in the rut at the very moment. Well, another day, another chance to turn things around;) YTD 43-45-0, +13.99 pts, +10.56%