** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Losing streak....

stonecoldnuts

Re: Losing streak.... As far as tournament play goes I've been on the worst losing streak I've ever gone through over the last 3 months. My tournament bankroll has gone from 5k (when it gets over 5k I take money out) to 2k with no major cashes at all. $1800 from a $5 R&A on Party at the end of August was my last significant cash. It's not much fun, but I'm pretty sure I'm not making more mistakes than when I was making final tables frequently, so confident it'll turn around. Will start complaining about it when I stop making mistakes at all, which will probably be about the same time hell freezes over :D Edit: Typo

Re: Losing streak....

What sort of games are you playing Stonecoldnuts? STT's MTT's or ring games' date=' limit or no-limit?[/quote'] mainly MTT's no limit. So theres quite a few 'find a premium hand and stick your chips in'. I'm not entering expensive ones at the moment so the moneys not a problem (anyway I fund them through sports arbing grinning-smiley-033.gif)

Re: Losing streak.... Yes I was going to say your strike rate at MTT's will be very low, much lower than STT's of course. I find it hard to finish in the money in MTT's wheras I consistently do ok in STT's. You're right that in MTT's people do tend to try and double/treble up when they come across a good hand, especially early on in a tournament. They can be more frantic and I think the question you need to ask yourself is.... DO YOU NEED TO GO ALL IN?! You say you're losing a lot of 50/50's and I get the impression that at this stage all your money is in the middle. Maybe the trouble is you're committing everything rather than some of your chips. Good luck Danny

Re: Losing streak....

Yes I was going to say your strike rate at MTT's will be very low, much lower than STT's of course. I find it hard to finish in the money in MTT's wheras I consistently do ok in STT's. You're right that in MTT's people do tend to try and double/treble up when they come across a good hand, especially early on in a tournament. They can be more frantic and I think the question you need to ask yourself is.... DO YOU NEED TO GO ALL IN?! You say you're losing a lot of 50/50's and I get the impression that at this stage all your money is in the middle. Maybe the trouble is you're committing everything rather than some of your chips. Good luck Danny
Yeah I see what you're saying. I'm really talking about late on in MTT's when the blinds are massive. I'll normally play quite tight early on, but if I haven't built up enough chips, and then I raise when the blinds are big so a lot of my chips are committed, these are the ones I'm getting outdrawn on :wall But my solution is to play freerolls and up to $10 tourneys!

Re: Losing streak.... Why don't you try keeping a log of say £1 STT games on Betfair? I'm currently helping someone to play and we're doing just this. Although these games can be lethal in that it's very hard to bluff people on these tables, you can learn a great deal in a short space of time and for not much money of course. Once you've made a bit, move on up to $5 or £3 games and so on until you feel comfortable. Keeping records is the key. Good luck Danny