VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006

rippyuk

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 Hi all, i just emailed andy horne and lets see if i get any reply! Hi Andy The new league table has just been updated today 27/2/06 and as we have been waiting for 3 weeks for an update, our poker forum has started keeping note of scores and there are a number of discrepancies. I for one am missing 103 points, which may not seem a lot, but after playing over 130 games, it could make all the difference at the end of the tournament. You should receive a few emails over the next few days from members of our poker forum, www.punterslounge.com Usually we ping a manager, and then are forced to email support regarding the issue of MKOP. However after numerous emails, and never any replies by VC its getting annoying. Please can you look into this for the forum players, and myself , to give us peace of mind that the league table you publish on the maxim website is correct. Many Thanks in advance Graeme Morl Morlspin1

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 Ok people, here is the top 30 (assuming Maxim's table is right. Yeah like hell it is!!!)

Rank Mon 8pm Ahead of 11 Behind 10
1 nufc40 192 28974 2637
2 theDotster 153 28114 1777
3 babyshamble 203 28055 1718
4 lombardo 174 27302 965
5 SpurMan 123 27294 957
6 daveo580814 185 27170 833
7 hulagirl 172 27155 818
8 PokerBarney 165 27037 700
9 repoman7166 18 26894 557
10 ronay 176 26463 126
11 chess 86 26337 -126
12 Runadrum 161 26114 -349
13 Mivi 201 25822 -641
14 morlspin1 204 25661 -802
15 soulmaster 142 25191 -1272
16 Galronix 100 24522 -1941
17 Pigsmire 208 24375 -2088
18 moFace 0 24288 -2175
19 The Teaser 121 23719 -2744
20 arthurgee 55 23275 -3188
21 stimo 163 23104 -3359
22 sly snake 214 23075 -3388
23 All-in Jim 112 22859 -3604
24 robsilver 205 22625 -3838
25 crazee H 188 22382 -4081
26 1bikerbabe 120 22316 -4147
27 richygriff 164 22247 -4216
28 CovDemon 140 22060 -4403
29 Robbiemorl 103 21883 -4580
30 Aslatz 59 21748 -4715

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 The new Maxim leaderboard has me 123 points above my forcasted score (going on my scores since Run's last leaderboard), so I can't complain too much. Maybe they've gone through the whole tournament history, and corrected all the score errors since the start. I know that I had 256 points from one of the New Years eve games not included in my total for weeks afterwards (if at all), so who knows how accurate it is... :eyes

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006

Do you know how many points i have lost runadrum ?
looks like 277 to me chess, with repo being 197 better off. it may just be they have done another recalc right back to the start which is impossible to query. last time they did that you came out 57 better off, not much but I lost 147 and am 104 worse off this time. when they did the recalc last time it was because I could tell them exactly what errors they had made, this time I haven't a clue.

when they did the recalc last time it was because I could tell them exactly what errors they had made, this time I haven't a clue.
Think we may have to live with it. They aren't gonna do much now methinks. Maybe we can all email them to say as a concerted campaign that the top 15 get spots to play, since that would probably cover most of their errors. (Sorry to whoever is 16th)

Think we may have to live with it. They aren't gonna do much now methinks. Maybe we can all email them to say as a concerted campaign that the top 15 get spots to play' date=' since that would probably cover most of their errors. (Sorry to whoever is 16th)[/quote'] yeah top 15 sounds good to me, vc owe me big anyway after screwing me out of a mondays final seat when i qualified for it.

Think we may have to live with it. They aren't gonna do much now methinks. Maybe we can all email them to say as a concerted campaign that the top 15 get spots to play' date=' since that would probably cover most of their errors. (Sorry to whoever is 16th)
Thanks spur :cry

Thanks spur :cry
Perfect number then. I believe you claimed you had already qualified via the monthly draw!!!:tongue2 Seriously, still needs to be a cutoff point. Probably 14th is pushing it WRT the number of points lost and gained affecting a position, but 15 is a round number, and they owe Soul for the cock up they made with their failure to register him for a monday final as he says above. I'll post an email we can all sign up to later, and if we are in agreement I can then send it with all our names. Might carry a bit more weight.

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 I've just received this email back from Andy Home

Dear Mr. Watson, Yours is the second mail I have received today with the same complaint. I will be investigating this matter and will get back to you at soon as I have some answers. Kind regards, Andy Horne.
So :hope that they won't take any more points off me :\ :tongue2

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 I sent an email last night to the guy at VC personally in charge of the Maxim Leaderboard - my eventual previous contact, whom if you will forgive me I will leave nameless for now - and have had a reply this morning. He has sent me my scores for all the games I have played although I can only compare them from 29/12/05 onwards - and first I have to play catch up for the last few days when I gave up logging them. I have accessed my emails from work but all the Maxim spreadsheets are at home so I can do no more until after 6pm tonight. We can rest assured this is being taken seriously and if you can just bear with me we can progress it further. I will just say their priority is to get the leaderboard right so that there is no doubt that the correct TEN people get invited. :ok

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 i was just looking back over the last 40 pages of this thread to 9/2/06 to get my total score to that date and all single game results so that a can send to maxim and ask where the errors have come from. runadrum, you have deleted all your leaderboards ? why ?. can you please give my total up tp 9/2/05 and the results for all game from then which have not been deleted. is this info easy to find for you, if not dont worry. thanks m8:ok

i was just looking back over the last 40 pages of this thread to 9/2/06 to get my total score to that date and all single game results so that a can send to maxim and ask where the errors have come from. runadrum' date=' you have deleted all your leaderboards ? why ?. can you please give my total up tp 9/2/05 and the results for all game from then which have not been deleted. is this info easy to find for you, if not dont worry. thanks m8:ok[/quote'] The old leaderboards were deleted as they took up a lot of space on the thread and I was advised by the moderators that it would load a lot quicker without them. I still have the info. Let me do my cross-referencing with VC first to see if that establishes a common thread to the difference in everyone's scores. I am confident the correct top 10 will qualify in 3 weeks time. I am equally confident that it is unlikely to include me, but my whole purpose when I started to report the old errors was to report them all even if I was worse off. That is still my priority and will report back asap. :ok

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 ok run ,il leave it in your hand for now. anyway , are you gona get your head out of your ass and play this week ?, you and me have been pushing each other up the leaderboard since december and with only 3 weeks left you cant quit now. 11th and 12th atm, come on lets make that 9th and 10th by the end of the week, you up for it or what ? hi vc matt

We can rest assured this is being taken seriously and if you can just bear with me we can progress it further. I will just say their priority is to get the leaderboard right so that there is no doubt that the correct TEN people get invited. :ok
Good stuff Run. If you want the top 25 or so scores for the last week or 2, let me know and I'll email them to you. Save you a bit of hassle. Would be good to get our scores for cross referening. Agree the correct 10 should be there, but after all the hoo ha, the 11th + may still be certain the tables are wrong, even if they are right, hence my suggestion. Don't want to be in the middle of a riot when we are trying to play poker!

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 i cant believe it. Me AJ suited, flop A 8 2, i raise, elltoon copies, 6 on turn, i raise again, elltoon copies, river card 7, i raise, elltoon reraises, i call! he has 5 9! What the hell? who plays like that? anyone else would have folded straight away!!! Whats wrong with these people?:wall BTW Your sat next to me spur, you're doing much better than I am!!!!

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 also got a reply from andy :- Hello XXXX, I have been made aware of the situation and have instigated an analysis of the leader board to ensure all points have been allocated correctly. It is going to take a while to trawl through all the data but rest assured, the top 10 will be the players who have accumulated the most points. I will get back to you as soon as the analysis has been completed. Regards, Andy. so:hope

i cant believe it. Me AJ suited, flop A 8 2, i raise, elltoon copies, 6 on turn, i raise again, elltoon copies, river card 7, i raise, elltoon reraises, i call! he has 5 9! What the hell? who plays like that? anyone else would have folded straight away!!! Whats wrong with these people?:wall BTW Your sat next to me spur, you're doing much better than I am!!!!
elltoon is a numpty Daveo. Can usually be caught out by slow playing big PPs. Slow play anyway, Keeps me in a bit longer too!!! :D

i cant believe it. Me AJ suited, flop A 8 2, i raise, elltoon copies, 6 on turn, i raise again, elltoon copies, river card 7, i raise, elltoon reraises, i call! he has 5 9! What the hell? who plays like that? anyone else would have folded straight away!!! Whats wrong with these people?:wall BTW Your sat next to me spur, you're doing much better than I am!!!!
He's calling anything Dave. He called my decent pre flop raise with 10 5?? and of course he hit a straight. And spur is doing ok cuz we let him win a hand :)

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 Typical VC.... Me short(ish) stacked so all in with my first decent hand.....JJ Called by someone who has 10,10 from flop...out comes the turn, useles....out comes the river.....any guesses? BIG FAT 10! Grrrr.....so typically VC! :wall :wall :wall :wall :wall :wall :wall :wall :wall :wall

AA beaten by 99 but not complaining cuz it was Mo and I think we knew the out come before the flop came down :)
sorry rich, but last week i lost with AA twice KK twice QQ and ak to inferior hands if that makes u feel better, probably not but if this tournament has taught me anything its never to use this site again!

Thats a bit mean about Lombardo!!!:lol Only joking.....Elltoon deserved to go out because hes an idiot' date=' you were just unluckily VC'ed Lom, and i have got 200 points to make up on ya!!!:wall[/quote'] Am sure once a full investigation is completed, the leaderboard will reflect the true positions and you will be hot on my heels Daveo.... This is more of a scandal than the Kent heist! Get it sorted VC/Maxim

in first time thank god!!!!!!!! happened again sittin in 28th had AA this time everyone folded :)
Sorry Mo coudn't quite make it. Me & fenners all-in together - AK vs QJ vs another player with 10 10. I caught the Trips with my jack for a brief second thought I had it... then river came with a 10 to give the other guy a FH. Aargh.. just to make it worse Fenners got the 27th awarded with more chips! (thou' well done anyways on that) Plus I almost folded before hand too. Am just gonna rename myself to Bubble girl. ;)

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 Have just checked Maxim's leaderboard and shock horror! Believe it or not but their leaderboard, updated as of this afternoons game, is pretty damn accurate against my leaderboard! The bad news is I've dropped several places and am being chased by those on the bubble. Makes this afternoons result even worse for me! Boo Hoo Oh well, onwards and upwards......or downwards......basically onwards.