3.10 Sandown Saturday

A very tricky looking handicap hurdle (after some value) Tramantino chased home lingo LTO at Cheltenham & may have been flattered to finsih within 3 1/2L of the easy winner that day receving 6lbs. Too high in the weights for me. Fontanesi needs quicker ground & was primed for its Cheltenham festival win this year off 10st. Again, too high in the weights & has been off in its last few races. Cloudy grey - been lumping around big weights & not finsihed its last 3 races. No appeal. Medison was a hot favourite at Aintree after missing Cheltenham but flopped in the John Smiths hurdle. looked to be going well when behind horses, stumbled at the 3rd or 4th last & never regained momentum. A very lively contender although wrong at the weights with Fenix. Polar Red good old servant always travels with the pace but hard to win with in this grade. Interesting ran in the grand national acquitting himself well until the last 1/2 mile when it tired. 2m may be a bit sharp for him. All Star - trainer in form but surely it will hate the conditions - LAY!! Fenix never runs a bad race in this grade & well in at the weights with Medison based on the 2nd in the Imperial Cup. A good ew chance. Cherub needs to be held up which in these conditions may not pay dividends. Has never won in this grade & a place is seen as best for me. Interestingly, the horse has been mainly ridden on LH tracks, Sandown is RH, & its last win was at Market rasen another RH track! Adopted hero ran well LTO finishing in front of Fenix. The latter getting a 3lb pull for 4L. Another capable of getting a place. Daryal doesnt look up to this class. New Entic - cannot see this winning. Verasi - likes the course & the ground, could spring a surprise. Barton Nic - out of his class. Frontier - no form on soft /heavy. Lightly weighted though. Papillon de lena - Pipe may have got this one ready to take this. Watch out in the betting. Guru - will like the ground. Hasnt won in this class. Fortune Island - wrong course/ground etc Victram - lightly weighted, has won on the ground & likes big fields. Expect this to be thereabouts. Transit - dont think it can win in this class. Based on the above, i give chances to the following: Verasi (betfair odds 14.5) Victram (5.2) papillon de lena (32.0) Medison (9.2) Fenix (14.0) cherub (27.0) Adopted hero (12.0) i'll take a 2pt bet on each horse laying out 14pts. My lowest win will be 10.4pts & my highest 64pts.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.