** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Pakistan v England 3rd Test - starts 29th November

Best odds/All oddsv15.gifv6004.gifv1.gifv6025.gifv6006.gifv2.gifv3.gifv6007.gifv6002.gifv10.gifv6018.gifv502.gifv4.gifv6005.gifv401.gif
Pakistan3.333.13.13.2533.253.13.253.53.253.53.253.73.7
Draw2.0522.12.0522.12.12.122.052.11.832.12.12.08
England3.253.253.253.753.23.2533.253.253.53.23.533.83.95
Strauss has gone home and that weakens England quite a bit. Any info on who will come in? Vaughan could opening the batting which would keep the openers pretty strong but would make the batting after that a little scary:unsure. Afridi out for the Pakis, not sure who will come in. Surely they will bat for time but if England are in first and don't put up a great total they will surely bat to win. Inzaman in great form and is able to steady them if they get off to a rocky start. I'm not sure about this, clearly the draw if most likely but could you justify it being much shorter? Not sure, don't fancy England to do it so perhpas a lay of England would be the best option? I would have liked the price to have been a bit closer to what the bi books are offering. Any thoughts guys?

Re: Pakistan v England 3rd Test - starts 29th November One thing I've learned over the last 2 years is not to write off the England cricket team but I can't see us winning this match. I would imagine the pitch is going to be a batsman's paradise like the last one was and although Inzamam is giving it large about it being a turning wicket with no Afridi I reckon you can forget about that. Even if we win the toss and bat 1st and make 500 all they'll have to do is avoid the follow on and it should end up in a draw because as you say they've got Inzi in great form and he'll make it hard to bowl them out quickly. Add to that this test starts at 5am our time - 10am out there which is 30 mins later than the 1st 2 tests yet play won't go on 30 minutes longer than the last 2 tests because the light still starts to disappear about 4.30pm out there (11.30am here) so the days will be 30 mins shorter than the 1st 2 tests which is weird because they've not got a full days play in yet in the series and certainly won't with the change of times in this match! By all accounts it will be Collingwood in for Strauss with Ian Bell being pushed up to open the batting. England are also toying with the idea of dropping Udal and playing an extra seamer which I would guess will be Jimmy Anderson. That would leave Giles as our spin option but he is injured as has been recognised by the England management and they have decided he's coming home after the tests for treatment and will miss the 1 dayers. Seems strange to go in to a game with an injured spinner who has performed no better than the fully fit spinner. Draw is crap odds but to me would be the most likely outcome.

Re: Pakistan v England 3rd Test - starts 29th November Blimey, everyone fancy the draw then?

Pakistan v England: Match Result
Tuesday 29 November 2005 - 04:30 GMT
v15.gifv6004.gifv1.gifv6025.gifv6006.gifv2.gifv3.gifv6007.gifv6002.gifv10.gifv6018.gifv502.gifv4.gifv6005.gifv401.gif
Pakistan3.33.43.253.553.2533.253.253.253.53.53.63.43.853.8
Draw2.051.9222221.952221.9222.04
England3.253.43.43.353.23.53.253.53.253.53.23.253.13.93.9

Re: Pakistan v England 3rd Test - starts 29th November I don't like Khan being out, he brings a lot to the Pakistan team. Not only in terms of batting but also motivation in the field. But mmm, that's likely to make Pakistan more defensive and less effective whilst fielding. Draw, has to be:\. Not even a 2.05 available now:lol

Re: Pakistan v England 3rd Test - starts 29th November Our batting has weakened alot with the loss of Strauss, but this pitch and conditions will suit us most and is more similar to any of our home pitches. It is also not as hot generally. I may put my neck on the line and say an England win, with the loss of Khan and Afridi for the Pakistanis.. Jimmy Anderson looks set to gain a place and this wicket may be ideal for him if he gets the ball in the right areas Tough one to call though

Re: Pakistan v England 3rd Test - starts 29th November I have backed Flintoff for top English batsman at 5/1. No real reasoning behind my pick, I just feel he has pretty well underperformed this tour and is due a decent innings. I am considering backing England for the win, the price is pretty large considering the players pak are missing... Thoughts?

Re: Pakistan v England 3rd Test - starts 29th November

Tell you what I do miss and thats Swoopermans analysis on the cricket. Its top notch and it's a shame he rarely pays us a visit these days as hes the man for me in cricket.
yeah hes the man alright for cricket, last I heard he is in good nick but I doubt we will see him much on PL again. for this match I fancy an England win for some reason, everything seems to be pointing to a draw but I'm not so sure. my bets for this match are simple - lay the draw and lay pakistan, im sure ill be able to make profit if im clever with in running betting.

Re: Pakistan v England 3rd Test - starts 29th November What the fcuk are the batsmen playing at!?:@ Can't any of them bar Collingwood put together a patient innings!? All of them have gotten themselves out today and as for Jones I haven't a clue who he thought he was playing the shot that he got out to. We're in the dwang now, big time. Eng 225-6:cry

Re: Pakistan v England 3rd Test - starts 29th November Close of play Eng 248-6 off 77 overs (Collingwood 71*, Vaughan 58, Trescothick 50) Great knock from Collingwood, getting his maiden test 50 up in the process. Another 100 runs tomorrow would be nice to have any chance of winning this test, huge session tomorrow morning. Betfair prices: Pakistan: 3.1 England: 4.1 Draw: 2.28

Hopefully Collingwood will stick around for a while. Udal has shown he is capable of staying in and pushing along the score. If only Giles was playing. Hows Tremlett's batting anyone?
Its Liam Plunkett Alex.;) His record with the bat is as follows: Batting and fielding averages
class mat inns no runs hs ave bf sr 100 50 ct st
First-class 31 47 13 722 74* 21.23 1749 41.28 0 2 10 0
List A 27 16 7 154 21 17.11 180 85.55 0 0 5 0
Twenty-20 9 6 4 29 8 14.50 31 93.54 0 0 4 0
He's got two first class 50's so he can hold a bat.

Re: Pakistan v England 3rd Test - starts 29th November OK im not too hot on cricket but i had a little dabble on the draw cos Jack Bannister on Talksport reckoned that was the only result he could see from this match. How does it look so far for the draw? Should i be worried yet?:\

England will have to bowl like heros to win this and with Flintoff and Harmy they can do that. The new ball will be key as will the fielding.
The encouraging thing is that they managed to get some seam movement and swing with the new ball so you would think if they can manage it Hoggard and Freddie certainly can. Then hopefully Plunkett and Harmy can bang the ball in and shoot a few out. There was also some turn for Malik so hopefully Udal will extract some spin as well and help out a bit. The draw is still the most likely result I think due to the reduced playing times but it only takes a good session for either side with the ball to change all of that.

Re: Pakistan v England 3rd Test - starts 29th November So then we limp to a below par score of 288 with Collingwood falling 4 short of a well deserved century, out hooking Aktar. Plunkett offered some resistence with the bat to help Colly along. Good opening spell from Hoggy accounts for Shoaib Malik & Asim Kamal and just now new boy Liam Plunkett takes his first test wicket with his 11th ball to remove Salman Butt and bring the big fella to the crease, Inzy. Pakistan 68-3 Pak 3.75 Eng 3.1 Draw 2.42

Yup, Inzy due to return fall of next wicket. With bruised forearm, he'll probably insist on a runner. :lol What's up with Swooperman? Has he been a bit crook?
Someone said hes posting on another forum at the moment, shame really. Our loss their gain I suppose.