Betfred Vegas

GaF

Re: Betfred Vegas

I meant - hope you showed your opponents - put them on tilt ..... lol All 4 of us now in the last 20
But not for long. Waited for a reasonable hand to make a move with before the blinds got me, and was dealt 42o, 83o, 42o, 73o, 82o. The blinds were coming, so I went all-in with the 82o. Didn't work.

Re: Betfred Vegas Sorry Tufty - question has to be asked - WTF? Called an all in for most of your stack with TQ (I didn't see - did you put a raise in first?) - when you're sitting on the fringe of the top 5? Then, on tilt I presume, all-in next 2 or 3 hands till you were out in 11th - were you bursting for the loo or something??????

Re: Betfred Vegas Fair question mate. This guy had done a few all ins and my gut told me that QT would be a good call. If i win I virtually guarantee qualification. Next hand I had pocket 6.s with not many chips left and after that went into gamble mode. In hindsight I could have played it safe but sometimes you just get that feeling. oh well...

Re: Betfred Vegas Hmmmm........ Have I got the "value" calculation in this wrong? Currently playing in a qualifier (in 5th with 20 left) - and I notice that the prize pool is $250 - with 5 seats available, that means that they value each one at $50 (I valued each one at $13) - does this mean that the prize fund will be considerably bigger than the $10,000 suggested? Is it $50 per seat, then "Vegas" prize added? The final (with 361 qualifiers so far) has no suggestion of a prize fund greater than $10,000 ($50 * 361 = $18,050)...... Think I'll drop Betfred a line for clarification.

Re: Betfred Vegas I think the $50 value is nominal. In the early days of the competition when there were 100+ in per round I thought BetFred had hit on a clever scheme to make money as the amount they were going to take in at a dollar a go was going to be a lot more than $10000 - with the decreased numbers in lots of rounds now then I think they got the deal about right. However if they were to increase the payout to number of qualifiers times $50 then that would make it brilliant..... Me and two of my brothers qualified within the first week at a cost of $2 or less each - so it can't be that hard :lol :lol :lol. Would have been interesting if they let you qualify any number of times and just gave you more chips at the start - except that would have been a better deal for retirees etc.... I feel deprived every Wednesday lunchtime in not being able to do the SO dollar up :cry.

Re: Betfred Vegas

I think the $50 value is nominal.
I think you're right - but if so I also think it's a bit out of order - the prize fund isn't $10,000, it's $10,000 guaranteed (i.e. minimum $10,000) - so if there are 500 people entering, with seats having a nominal value of $50 each, then it's wrong that the prize fund is $10,000 and not $25,000. If they want to assign a "nominal" value, then it should be $0.01 or something, not $50!!!
Me and two of my brothers qualified within the first week at a cost of $2 or less each - so it can't be that hard :lol :lol :lol.
Well I've spent $3 (at least!!!) on this and am still not in :sad