NHL ice hockey - Wed 9/11

YTD 18-17-0, +7.01 pts, yield 13.75% Pittsburgh (ML) to bt ATLANTA @ 2.27 - 2 PTS *Pinnacle* The books must be joking. We're looking @ two 4-10 (the Pens are 4-11 to be exact) teams going in the opposite directions - the Pens are 4-2 in L6 and 3-1 in L4, the Thrashers are 1-5 in L6 and 1-3 in L4. In the meantime, the Pens beat the Thrashers 7-5. Including this win, the Pens are 18-3 in this series since 1996 and while Atlanta are 1-1 at home vs. Pittsburgh over L3 seasons, the Pens defo have the home teams' cards - they are massive 9-1 on H2H since 1996 here in Atlanta. Well, it looks like either I'm missing something here, or the "must win sometime" factor is factored into the odds. Right, the Pens are closing their road trip, but even here Atlanta is in a bit worse (psychologically) situation as they are returnning from a three-game road trip and playing the first homer - an ideal letdown situation. Euro books are tops @ 2.15 btw.

Re: NHL ice hockey - Wed 9/11 I agree with Tulenos here. Atlanta shouldn't be this big favor here. Pens has improved their game lately and especially their defence. Actually I don't think Atlanta to be that bad team than standings shows either. I might even consider to bet them, but not with that odd and not against Pens right now. Atlanta's defence has also been in trouble and they have had some injury problems with their goalies (Dunham will start this one, Lehtonen still injured) and I guess Pens offence isn't the easiest one as an opponent to get it back to track again. Crosby and Lemieux knows what to do with puck. Cause I believe there to be quite many goals the possibility of draw is a little lower than in a low scoring game. That's why my pick will be at regulation. I viewed odds to totals, cause I thought there will be plenty of goals. But even if I believe there to be lot of goals I had to choose under here cause the line at Betfair will be huge 7,5 goals. All the other people seem to wait there to be lot's of goals too and the odds are like that. 8 goals is anyway quite much (I don't remember seen this big under/over line before) and it's not the most obvious choice here. So I decided to try under. Pittsburgh to beat Atlanta at regulation @ 2,88 @ Betfair, 1 point Pittsburgh-Atlanta under 7,5 goals @ 1,75 @ Betfair, 2 points