** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Tennis Masters Cup 13-20 November

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis Masters Cup 13-20 November LAY NALBANDIAN v Davydenko @ 1.69 Betfair 2.18pts Will Nalbandian win 2-0? NO @ 1.541 Pinnacle 5.55pts Mmm, I see this as a very close match up. I was wrong about Davydenko earlier in this tournament, he is really rocking and is yet to drop a set this week. H2H is 2-1 to Nalbandian individualmatches_yeartournamentcityetc.gif

2003 Barcelona, Clay, R32 Spain Clay R32 Davydenko 3 6 6 7
2003 ARG v. RUS WG Qtrs, Clay, RR Buenos Aires Clay RR Nalbandian 6 2 6 2 7 5
2002 Vienna, Hard, R32 Austria Hard R32 Davydenko 3 6 2 6
The only Nalbandian won was with very favourable conditions in Buenos Aires. These were also times when Nalbandian was rated and ranked a lot higher than Davydenko. These two have a similar style, but one important factor could be that Davydenko is so very very quick and will make a hell of a lot of balls. We saw this a few weeks ago when Nalbandian lost to Baghdatis:cry that he was outmanouvured and outgunned. Davydenko could do a similar job in Shanghai. we have also seen Nalbandian out in garbage performances in big matches before, maybe another tomorrow:ok

Re: Tennis Masters Cup 13-20 November

I really did not expect anything else' date=' did you?? :cow[/quote'] Not speaking from a punting perspective or the fact he took this in straight sets, but I certainly wasn't expecting a 6-0, 6-0 - not after the week he has had anyway... ;)

Re: Tennis Masters Cup 13-20 November What a final match according to the scoreboards-amazing comeback by Roger in set 5, but nalbandian breaking back at 5-6 in it surely deserves a mention. Bit disappointed only having backed him for the group win though.

I am still trying to make up my mind whether to back nalbandian for this or not - one of the few injury free players and has a positive record vs federer...but usually does not meet expectations! Also lost to Haas in Paris in his first match there.

Re: Tennis Masters Cup 13-20 November I'd honestly thought Bandy would have bottled it, having thrown away a 4-0 lead in the final set - much as credit ought to be given to Fed for his fightback. Nevertheless, that brings another run to an end - record-winning run in finals against top 10 players and also his 35-match winning streak...but that's life(quoting Gaudio :lol ) sometimes I guess! :tongue2

Re: Tennis Masters Cup 13-20 November What a ****ing match:clap. Bandy was top class throughout even tho Fed did seem to run out of gas. Nalbandian has been awesome the last three matches - but it does make you wonder how he didn't qualify automatically or why he hasn't won anything huge before now. He's 23 and can do anything, we've seen results on Hard, Clay, Grass and Indoors. He has shown he has the game to be a top 3 player - but do we see it happening next year?:eyes Hope you didn't lose too much ed:ok

What a ****ing match:clap. Bandy was top class throughout even tho Fed did seem to run out of gas. Nalbandian has been awesome the last three matches - but it does make you wonder how he didn't qualify automatically or why he hasn't won anything huge before now. He's 23 and can do anything, we've seen results on Hard, Clay, Grass and Indoors. He has shown he has the game to be a top 3 player - but do we see it happening next year?:eyes Hope you didn't lose too much ed:ok
Cheers, mate! ;) I didn't lose anything on the outright bet as I laid Fed back (as I always do) after the first 2 sets for a profit on Fed win and breaking even in the event Bandy won - nevertheless, it doesn't take away the fact I've hardly been on a run since Wimbledon although, thankfully, what happened from Aussie Open right up to and including Wimbledon covered for that. :ok On the match itself, much as it's dissapointing to see Fed lose as a fan, sometimes you do feel you need to see things like that to remind you this guy's still human afterall... :rollin That's how good he is and I just can't wait for Aussie Open to come round soon enough. Until next year then! ;)

You missed a good match, ridle. Nalbandian went out to 10/1 after two sets down and went no bigger. I wish I had the balls to back Dave as the first two sets showed there was hardly anything in it. :(
Thank fook i didnt lump on Federer at 1.1 on betfair when he was 2-0 up!:unsure Great match and hats off to Nalbandian, one hell of a comeback and one of the best matches I've seen.