ATP Tennis starting 31st Oct - Paris Masters

Re: ATP Tennis starting 31st Oct - Paris Masters

In all seriousness, I doubt it willl affect his play. The British number 1 thing seems to mean more to Greg than Tim, but that's probably because Tim has had it without close challenge for most of the last 7 years.
To be honest(and I'm being totally honesty here :lol ), I think that's what gives British tennis so much cause for concern - how anyone of that standard can be a runaway no.1 in his country is just beyond me... On a more serious note though, it's stuff like this which really makes you feel like stuffing Davydenko :lol - when that bastard turns up with his mind(and corrupt integrity may I add) in the right place, he's easily one of the finest defensive and an unquestionable top 10 player around. But as with most Russians, they've either got the wires connected the wrong way(think Safin) or they just decide to get involved with their favourite pastime of rigging matches... :unsure

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: ATP Tennis starting 31st Oct - Paris Masters In running 3-4* GROSJEAN v Dent @ 1.72 Betfair 4.37pts Grosjean looking pretty good early on. Dent in terrible form leading up to this. Grosjean not too bad reaching semis last week. Crowd is decent and could be a factor. Dent isn't serving too well. Would fancy him to win in 3 and still has a shot at getting back in the first set.

Re: ATP Tennis starting 31st Oct - Paris Masters Amazing match, really, the Santoro match. Honestly didn't think Nieminen would play that well, or with that much stickability. Still, won in the end, which I doubted for much of the match. Mirnyi completed my double with Haas from yesterday. Rusedski not at the races, which has been discussed, but Berdych easily beat Coria for a good 11/8 winner. Starting bank: 100 pts Profit: 26.17 pts Current bank: 126.17 pts

which I doubted for much of the match.
I think it was in doubt in the first set, and not even the whole first set, then Santoro got the upper hand (just!) and although it was far from plain sailing, he landed it;)

Re: ATP Tennis starting 31st Oct - Paris Masters Well, I'm a complete idiot. If I'd stuck with what I'd decided on last night it would have been a great day. ****ing mug. VERDASCO v Lapentti @ 1.42 Betfair 7.5pts :D WON profit 3pts RUSEDSKI v Davydenko @ 2.25 Coral 2.4pts :@ LOST loss 2.4pts STEPANEK v Lopez @ 1.561 Pinnacle 5.35pts :D WON profit 3pts TURSUNOV v Ancic @ 2.37 Ladbrokes 2.19pts :D WON profit 3pts KIEFER v Clement @ 1.41 Pinnacle 7.32pts :@ LOST loss 7.32pts GROSJEAN v Dent @ 1.72 Betfair 4.37pts :@ LOST loss 4.37pts Weekly record Staked: 45.05pts Profit: -4.39pts Yield: -9.74% :wall:wall:wall:wall

Re: ATP Tennis starting 31st Oct - Paris Masters For tomorrow: Ginepri to bt Verdasco 4/7 general If Ginepri is over his illness of last week, Verdasco should be no trouble for the up and coming American. Verdasco is hardly the most consistent player, and his struggle to beat Lapentti today is more evidence of this. Ginepri has had a good year, on the harder surfaces, and can't see him losing if he is 100%. Still taking the bet at a bookies with a 'retirement=void' rule for safety. 21 pts Gonzalez to bt Mathieu 1/3 Nalbandian to bt Haas 2/5 Prices from Coral. Again, the issue here is condition. Gonzalez has come off a busy week, winning one of last week's tournaments. On current form, Mathieu would have little chance and should have been knocked out by Sanguinetti in the first round. Hopefully Gonzalez is keen to carry on his good form. Haas was terrible for most of the first set against Pavel, and any sort of repeat of that would see Bandy easily through. You would hope Bandy would want to get rid of the bad memory of losing to Baghdatis in the semi last week, so all things being equal, Bandy to win here. 10 pts double. Current bank: 126.17 pts Profit: +26.17 pts Good luck all.

Re: ATP Tennis starting 31st Oct - Paris Masters GINEPRI v Verdasco @ 1.645 Pinnacle 4.65pts I thought Ginepri was slipping but he proved in Madrid that he was still playing really great stuff in reaching the semis. He retired in the first round last week in the first round but he's had a week to recover and I think he'll be OK. Place this at Pinnacle so if he has to retire it's OK so long as it happens in the first two sets. Verdasco was really really poor against Lapentti - Lapentti really should have won, created lots of BP opportunities but couldn't take any. Ginepri in any sort of decent form should be able to dominate from the back and have far too much here. HRBATY v Lisnard @ 1.323 Pinnacle 9.29pts Really strong on Hrbaty here. He was playing pretty well last week before being Gonzalezed. Lisnard has already lost in qualifying and the match against Mahut today was horrendous. Against any sort of quality he should crumble. They are first up on the main court and you know the lazy French, atmosphere at 11.30am? Non. VLIEGEN v Johansson @ 4.8 Pinnacle Johansson 2-1 @ 4.82 Betfair (after com) @ 2.4 2.14pts Like the price on Vliegen to take at least a set here. He was playing well last week (I definately underrated him), came through qualifying and has won a tough match against C Rochus. So he should have a lot of confidence and be feeling good going into this. Yeah Johansson was rocking and won the tournament in St Petersberg last week. However, he would have only got in to Paris Sunday night/Monday morning and that isn't much time to get used to the conditions/courts. Good chance he won't be near his best and that gives Vliegen a good chance. Also second up on the second court should be considered a bit of a 'step down' for ToJo. NALBANDIAN v Haas @ 1.4 Coral 7.5pts OK, I'm going to be stupid and back Nalbandian again. Come on, he's in really solid form and you just expect him to make quarters/semis of every tournament right now. Haas is still playing poorly, he started off awfully against Pavel and cannot afford to do the same here. He got away with it against Pavel as in the second set he was serving really really well. Can't expect that to continue as he's just so inconsistant. Nalbandian has the game to frustrute Haas and force him into many errors - only Haas at his best being able to hit winners from everywhere would cause him a lot of problems.

Again, the issue here is condition. Gonzalez has come off a busy week, winning one of last week's tournaments. On current form, Mathieu would have little chance and should have been knocked out by Sanguinetti in the first round. Hopefully Gonzalez is keen to carry on his good form.
Good luck with this one. Only slight concern is this is a night match so should have a great atmosphere for Mathieu. Also this match up should be much better for him, Sanguinetti was able to frustrate him and incite errors (couldn't F-ing win though:wall ). In this match he'll be able to let rip and have some bang bang rallies (sure to get the crowd going). Remember when he punked out Roddick earlier in the year? Bang bang. Still have to fancy Gonzalez, could be good for some in running stuff, see how Fernando is looking.

Re: ATP Tennis starting 31st Oct - Paris Masters The amount of errors Mathieu made in his previous match, and still won, was unbelievable. Crod in Paris can be as much of a hindrance to the home players as a help, depending on how the match is going. Mathieu not the most level-headed of players, could actually get to him and affect his game. I am confident if Gonzalez is anywhere near on his game regarding his recent form, he won't have too many problems. First set Ginepri, come on Robbie.

Re: ATP Tennis starting 31st Oct - Paris Masters Well, Gonzo not at it today, a case of the after-the-lord-mayor's-show. Watching it you could see he wasn't the same as last week, even more ue's than normal. Still, Ginepri won. Starting bank: 100 pts Profit: +28.17 pts Current bank: 128.17 pts Better have a single on Bandy now, though the odds are shorter. Nalbandian to bt Haas 4/11 11 pts.

Re: ATP Tennis starting 31st Oct - Paris Masters Bandy utter tripe so far. Well on his way to losing. All good work wasted on two big favourites playing well below par. I am very keen on Ginepri tomorrow vs Gaudio. 1.4 available at the moment. I will have that if nothing better comes along. Big bet.

Re: ATP Tennis starting 31st Oct - Paris Masters Yep, Bandy pathetic, twice breaking in the second set, and twice immediately losing his own serve. Not interested. Starting bank: 100 pts Profit: + 17.17 pts Current bank: 117.17 pts Tomorrow, Ginepri to bt Gaudio 1.40 Betfair Ginepri should be sharper tomorrow, but today's 3 set win over Verdasco would be good enough to beat Gaudio on this surface. Gaudio was OK today, but Santoro was knackered after his night match last night, 3 long sets against Nieminen. It won't take much to get Gaudio's head down, and with Ginepri bombing at him, it might not take long for the Argentinian to lose interest. 40 pts

Re: ATP Tennis starting 31st Oct - Paris Masters Fancy a go at this too. Stepanek to bt Mathieu 1.57 Ljubicic to bt T Johansson 1.45 Centrebet. Still not convinced by Mathieu. Gonzalez wasn't as focussed as he should have been, wasting many possibilities and only seeming to play properly on important points. Stepanek will thrive in this hostile environment and has been very good recently. Ljubicic is in prime form at the moment, 2 recent tournament victories and pushing Nadal all the way in the final of Madrid. More problems were envisaged for him vs Blake but he brushed the American aside in straight sets. TJ is doing OK, a consistent performer, but feel Ljuby will be a class apart if he is on his game. 10 pt double. Ferrer vs Haas is worth a look too, at 2.6 with Centrebet. Similarly unconvinced by Haas, having seen his first set against Pavel, and the way Nalbandian handed him the match yesterday. Haas is still susceptible against anyone who can put him under pressure. I will think more about that one though, before placing a bet.

Re: ATP Tennis starting 31st Oct - Paris Masters DAVYDENKO v Tursunov @ 4/11 Strongly on Davydenko this morning. Tursunov had a decent win against Ancic in the last round but for some reason I remain unconvinced by him. Davydenko on the other hand was hugely impressive against Rusedski and looked like the top 10 player he undoubtably is. If he plays anywhere near like he did against Rusedski he should win this without too much concern. Djokovic v ROBREDO @ 8/15 Another with similar traits as above. Djokovic here through Hanescu's retirement and a win against an out of sorts and poor Puerta. Robredo looked good against Clement and should have too much for Djokovic. Confidence 8/10 for this morning's double. Be looking more into Ljubicic, Ferrer and Stepanek later.

Re: ATP Tennis starting 31st Oct - Paris Masters ****ing Bandy, I'd be kicking ass if it wasn't for him:wall:wall JOHANSSON v Ljubicic @ 2.90 Pinnacle 1.58pts Mmm, this is pretty big. Both these guys are playing well right now. I think Johansson proved himself in the game against Vliegen that he is up for this, he was certainly serving very well. Ljubicic too is playing great, but should he be this short? H2H is 3-1 to Johansson with Ljubicic winning the last match this year in Rotterdam 7-6 7-5. I expect another close match with serve dominating, and the odds should certainly be closer than this. Ljubicic was available at about 1.66 against Blake, and I expected similar here:unsure RODDICK v Hrbaty @ 1.22 StanJames 13.64pts Standout price here from SJ. Roddick struggled against Dent but this matchup should suit him much better. To be honest, on this surface I don't see anything Hrbaty can do to hurt Roddick:\. H2H is 3-1 to Roddick, winning 3 matches on Hard in straight sets, Hrbaty won the match on clay in Slovakia in the Davis Cup.

DAVYDENKO v Tursunov @ 4/11 Strongly on Davydenko this morning. Tursunov had a decent win against Ancic in the last round but for some reason I remain unconvinced by him. Davydenko on the other hand was hugely impressive against Rusedski and looked like the top 10 player he undoubtably is. If he plays anywhere near like he did against Rusedski he should win this without too much concern.
40pts Davydenko to beat Tursunov (1.43 @ Betfair) Couldn't agree more - lump on Davydenko that cnut I'd say! There's little question he's head and shoulders above Tursunov when on top of his game and I feel he'd have no bigger incentive and motivation than knowing he needs at least to make the final of this tournament to be mathematically sure of qualifying for Shanghai. I can't see him colluding with the Russian mafia for this one... :lol Cheers & Good Luck! :ok

Re: ATP Tennis starting 31st Oct - Paris Masters Davydenko delivered in the end, but I saw only the third set and his effort was rather a struggle than anything else. If he shows something like this in the quarters and then in Shanghai, he's sure to lose big time.

Re: ATP Tennis starting 31st Oct - Paris Masters STEPANEK v Mathieu @ 1.57 Centrebet 5.26pts Two emotional long matches for Mathieu so far. I think that will have taken quite a bit out of him. I mentioned a bit yesterday how that match against Gonzalez would suit him (didn't back him tho:wall) but I don't think this one will. Stepanek will grind from the back, hit spinny approaches and annoy Mathieu just like he does everyone else. His solid play should be enough. GINEPRI v Gaudio @ 1.36 BlueSq 8.33pts Gaudio was lucky yesterday because it was very clear Santoro was knackered. I've mentioned (and opposed) how I don't like Gaudio in this part of the season and still feel the same. Ginepri should and taken care of Verdasco in 2 yesterday but at least he appears to be over his cold/bug and I expect a good performance here.

Re: ATP Tennis starting 31st Oct - Paris Masters With that Davydenko success, here's another pretty obvious bet which I think is worth a shout. 40pts Ginepri to beat Gaudio (1.38 @ Betfair) This is pretty straightforward IMO - Gaudio has struggled to impress, having won just one match since the Toronto masters before this week and is clearly in no shape to take on an in-form Ginepri on these much faster surfaces to what he prefers. Cheers & Good Luck! :ok Starting Bank : 100.00pts Current Bank : 117.2pts Profit/Loss : +17.2pts