Satellites and Qualifiers

Valiant23

Like anyone who has ever watched The WPT on satellite, I have wondered if anyone on here has ever considered trying to 'live the dream'. By that I mean playing in online satellite qualifiers in the hope of taking on the pros? I know I do, and inspired by brael's success, and the number of PLers on the Sun final table last night, I am when the opportunity arises going to attempt to win, through qualification, a seat at a big-money event. Obviously freeroll qualifiers are the best, but if these are unavailable my aim is to buy-in at the lowest level, and to progress through the various rounds. I'm interested in doing this because although I have had some success (albeit at a very low level) in MTT, STT and cash games, I miss the 'buzz' and anticipation that came with the recent BetFred tourneys. I have registered on SO for The Scottish Daily for $1. The grand prize is a package to The Scottish Poker Festival taking place on Dec 3rd/4th. Full details here; http://www.sportingoddsgames.com/c/content/poker/scottish-poker-festival.html If anyone else is interested in this type of MTT, perhaps they could post their aims, successes and failures here.

Re: Satellites and Qualifiers Hmmm ...... pay satelites are generally something that don't appeal to me - not because I don 't have the dream, but I just don't feel there's a realistic chance of me doing it. What I mean is, if you but in at $1 for example, and that qualifies you for a $50 satelite, then you're playing against people who are buying in for $50 (who should be a lot better than me) and even if you qualify for that, then you're in a $500 buy in event or something, where you probably have the pro's anyway!!! But, what I really need Valiant, is for you to go and do it and provide me with some inspiration!!!

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.