NHL ice hockey - Mon 24/10

YTD 8-7-0, +3.39 pts, +16.14% yield Boston Bruins (ML) to bt TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS @ 2.24 - 2 PTS *Pinnacle* One strong trend for a starter. When Boston team played as road team as an underdog - During the month of October - Last 4 years - ATS winner 18-4-0 and SU winner - 14-5-3. Boston are 4-5 so far, Toronto 4-4. Boston as a road underdog are 3-3, Toronto as a home fav are 2-3. A bit of a worry is that Boston are 0-5 vs division opponents, but then Toronto are not much better - measly 1-3. Boston are 2-1 both ATS and SU @ Toronto over L3 seasons. Quite importantly as well - it seems Boston suck after a bright strat to the season, but they may well have halted their losing streak - won the last one after three consecutive losses. On the other hand, Toronto were red hot until the last one (four consecutive wins), but lost to Philly on Saturday. I would never bet against them if they were still riding that winning streak, but it's no longer the case. Raycroft and Belfour are probable starters between the pipes tonight - interestingly enough, Raycroft can boast a better rating than Belfour (who has been a bit shaky so far). In the other two: Detroit beat Columbus 6-0 in their barn on Saturday and are 2.56 to bt the -1.5 puck handicap and sure worth another thought. There is a strong under trend in the Ottawa game - under 6 available @ 2.03 and worth another though as well. May add one or two plays later on.;) Good luck.

Re: NHL ice hockey - Mon 24/10

Detroit beat Columbus 6-0 in their barn on Saturday and are 2.56 to bt the -1.5 puck handicap and sure worth another thought.
There is a strong trand favouring Columbus colliding here and I'm not that keen on backing any team to cover such a large 'cap as most games have been tight so far. This leaves the Ottawa game which doesn't look too bad, the only slight worry is the H2H record. Hasek and gerber are probable starter between the pipes in this one. Will chew it over a little bit longer.;)

Re: NHL ice hockey - Mon 24/10 For some reason I fancy Carolina today, eventhough Ottawa is so far unbeaten. Carolina has also played fairly good so far. This game will be in Carolina and they have had only two games at home and won both of them. Last four games Carolina has outscored 21-8. Ottawa has been very good so far as expected. But in some point they have to lose. Their pointleader Alfredsson missed practice yesterday due to the flu. He is expected to play, but will he be at his best? Of course one player doesn't change their strenght much, but sometimes it might affect somehow to other players too. Carolinas odds are quite good, so my pick will be Carolina-Ottawa 1 (ml) @ Bf @ 2,4

Re: NHL ice hockey - Mon 24/10 Adding Ottawa @ Carolina UNDER 6 @ 2.00 - 1 PT *SportingBet* This is what I posted some three hours ago: "There is a strong under trend in the Ottawa game - under 6 available @ 2.03 and worth another look as well." Well, in the meantime, for some reason, the under has shortened to 1.91 @ Pinnacle, but is still available @ evens @ B365, SportingBet and some other Euro books. Hasek and Gerber are probable starter between the pipes in this one. What about the trend? When Carolina team played as a home team as an underdog - coming off vs Southeast division opponent, the over/under is 3-15-3. Also, When Ottawa team played as a road team - coming off a road win as a favorite, the over/under is 14-23-9. The H2H reads 3 overs, 2 unders and a push (2 unders and a push in L3). Ottawa has had 5 unders and a push this season (three unders L3), Carolina 4 overs, 3 unders this season (2 overs and an under L3). Also, the only over in Ottawa's games was seen when the opponent scored heavily. A similar trend (a bit) can be traced in Carolina's games. All in all, @ evens the under is worth a shot.;)

Re: NHL ice hockey - Mon 24/10 DETROIT @ Columbus should be a penalty kick although low odds even on the regular time Betfair market are a little prohibitive/ Ottowa @ Carolina All in all I have to side with OTTOWA. Their run does have to end soon but I dont think it will be tonight. They look superior in offence (dont have a problem scoring away and have had a rest up since Fri ) and their defence has a good record with only 11 conceded so far, the lowest in the league. I think the totals for Carolina are not as impressive as they first appear as 11 goals are against a poor Washington side and another 6 are against a declining New Jersey. Their overall defence looks reasonable although allowing 2 against bottom place Pittsburgh. I think that the prediction for the under 6 looks good with the above stats but will have to consider it a little more for which play gets my cash. F1

Re: NHL ice hockey - Mon 24/10 F1nut, in ice hockey (NHL anyway), you always get money back when the number of scored goals hits the line (ie. 5, 6, or 7 goals), there are other lines (4.5, 5.5, and 6.5) when no refund is possible. The same applies to the handicap -1 goal / puck, but this is really rare in ice-hockey. You can find it quite often at US books pricing up footy and 'capping is more or less the US equivalent of betting in Europe, 1X2 betting is actually rare overseas.;)

Re: NHL ice hockey - Mon 24/10 Out of interest, Joe Punters' money seems to be on Detroit and Toronto tonight: Odds moves DET Redwings PK-230 into PK-200(73%) @CLB Blue Jackets (27%) BOS Bruins (39%) @TOR MapleLeafs PK-145 into PK-140(61%) Always feels good to be going against the flow, although it's not that strong in the Boston game.;)

Re: NHL ice hockey - Mon 24/10 My bet's already placed as I place all of my bets just before posting them here after some bad suprises / sudden moves in the past - exactly like the above mentioned. Pinnacle now going 1.95 for the under.;) Thx anyway, DBDF, at least anyone who might be interested can go there;)

Re: NHL ice hockey - Mon 24/10 A 1-1 night as Boston lost after penalty shoot-out. YTD 9-8-0, +2.39 pts, +9.96% yield;) Congrats to all who opposed Ottawa, although how Carolina won is a bit beyond me - they were outshot 27-47 and 0-2 down in the second and yet were able to turn it around. In fact, Boston outshot Toronto 56-34. Some days you simply can't convert that all important one more chance.

Re: NHL ice hockey - Mon 24/10 That's right. After looking those shots there is no wonder which teams were dominant. But I'm happy to be lucky sometimes. :nana I quess luck will go up and down in the long run. Just trying to calculate my hockeybet statistics so far here in PL.