Tennis - starting Oct 24 - Lyon and StPetersburg

Lyon - Grand Prix de Tennis

Monday 24 October 2005
Player 1Player 2sp.gifBPP
sp.gifAscione v Roddick (10:00 BST)8.001.12sp.gif99% Related markets...Match ResultMatch ResultSet Betting
sp.gifDent v Santoro (10:00 BST)1.672.34sp.gif103% Related markets...Match ResultMatch ResultSet Betting
sp.gifGinepri v Mathieu (10:00 BST)1.383.50sp.gif102% Related markets...Match ResultMatch ResultSet Betting
sp.gifGrosjean v Hanescu (10:00 BST)1.353.60sp.gif102% Related markets...Match ResultMatch ResultSet Betting
sp.gifHernych v Monfils (10:00 BST)3.251.41sp.gif102% Related markets...Match ResultMatch ResultSet Betting
sp.gifLapentti v Robredo (10:00 BST)3.751.31sp.gif104% Related markets...Match ResultMatch ResultSet Betting
sp.gifLjubicic v Spadea (10:00 BST)1.363.90sp.gif99% Related markets...Match ResultMatch ResultSet Betting
sp.gifLlodra v Malisse (10:00 BST)2.621.57sp.gif102% Related markets...Match ResultMatch ResultSet Betting
sp.gifLopez v Sanguinetti (10:00 BST)1.612.50sp.gif102% Related markets...Match ResultMatch ResultSet Betting
sp.gifPuerta v Rochus (10:00 BST)2.781.53sp.gif102% Related markets...Match ResultMatch ResultSet Betting
sp.gifClement v Gaudio (17:30 BST)2.061.88sp.gif102% Related markets...Match ResultMatch ResultSet Betting
sp.gifAncic v Blake (19:30 BST)2.751.56sp.gif101% Related markets...Match ResultMatch ResultSet Betting
sp.gifDjokovic v Mello (20:45 BST)1.453.05sp.gif102% Related markets...Match ResultMatch ResultSet Betting

St Petersburg Open
Monday 24 October 2005
sp.gifPopp v Stakhovsky (08:00 BST)1.701.40sp.gif131% Related markets...Match ResultMatch Result
sp.gifBjörkman v Serra (12:00 BST)1.402.62sp.gif110% Related markets...Match ResultMatch Result
sp.gifNieminen v Vik (12:00 BST)1.253.40sp.gif110% Related markets...Match ResultMatch Result
sp.gifDavletshin v Melzer (13:15 BST)5.001.17sp.gif106% Related markets...Match ResultMatch Result - - -Set BettingLose 1st Set and Win MatchWin 1st Set
sp.gifPavel v Vanek (13:15 BST)1.452.50sp.gif109% Related markets...Match ResultMatch Result
sp.gifCarlsen v Mirnyi (16:00 BST)3.251.30sp.gif108% Related markets...Match ResultMatch ResultSet Betting
sp.gifKunitsyn v Saulnier (17:15 BST)2.621.61sp.gif101% Related markets...Match ResultMatch Result - - -Set BettingLose 1st Set and Win MatchWin 1st Set
sp.gifTuesday 25 October 2005
sp.gifBeck v Youzhny (08:00 BST)2.501.51sp.gif107% Related markets...Match ResultMatch Result
sp.gifBurgsmull v Goldstein (08:00 BST)2.621.53sp.gif104% Related markets...Match Result - - -Match ResultLose 1st Set and Win MatchWin 1st Set
sp.gifDavydenko v Dlouhy (08:00 BST)1.136.50sp.gif104% Related markets...Match ResultMatch Result - - -Set BettingLose 1st Set and Win MatchWin 1st Set
sp.gifGabashvili v Monaco (08:00 BST)1.601.93sp.gif115% Related markets...Match ResultMatch Result
sp.gifGarcia v Kiefer (08:00 BST)3.601.22sp.gif110% Related markets...Match ResultMatch Result
sp.gifJohansson v Kohlschreiber (08:00 BST)1.224.50sp.gif105% Related markets...Match Result - - -Match ResultLose 1st Set and Win MatchWin 1st Set
sp.gifKim v Minar (08:00 BST)2.251.63sp.gif106% Related markets...Match ResultMatch ResultSet Betting
sp.gifPhilippoussis v Verdasco (08:00 BST)3.001.50sp.gif100% Related markets...Match Result - - -Match ResultLose 1st Set and Win MatchWin 1st Set
sp.gifRusedski v Tursunov (08:00 BST)1.702.37sp.gif101% Related markets...Match ResultMatch Result - - -Set BettingLose 1st Set and Win MatchWin 1st Set

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - starting Oct 24 - Lyon and StPetersburg CLEMENT v Gaudio @ 2.08 Pinnacle 2.78pts Odds against has to appeal here. Gaudio has just shown nothing of late - consecutive first round losses to Baker, Melzer and Acasuso. Clement himself hasn't been that hot, but he always seems to play better at home. KUNITSYN v Saulnier @ 2.5 WillHill 2pts Oh now come on. Everything that needs to be said about Kunitsyn was said a couple of weeks ago. He flies in Russia at this time of year and last year went out in the first round bu it was a tough 3 setter against Davydenko. Saulnier had a terrible run earlier in the year, and alas he has improved a bit in terms of results, I don't think he's playing that well. Kun definately worth a shot here.

Re: Tennis - starting Oct 24 - Lyon and StPetersburg

Hope its ok to add the matches for the Davidoff Swiss Indoor in Basel Anyone notice the match at the bottom?? Henman v Murray! Should be interesting. Tuesday 25 October 2005
Player 1Player 2bookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged." align="middle">sp.gifBPP
sp.gifGonzalez v Seppi (11:00 BST)1.254.00sp.gif105%
sp.gifBaghdatis v Mackin (14:45 BST)1.283.50sp.gif107%
sp.gifHaas v Waske (14:45 BST)1.402.87sp.gif107%
sp.gifWednesday 26 October 2005
Player 1Player 2bookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged." align="middle">sp.gifBPP
sp.gifAcasuso v Massu (09:00 BST)2.201.83sp.gif100%
sp.gifBastl v Berdych (09:00 BST)2.751.50sp.gif104%
sp.gifCalleri v Sabau (09:00 BST)1.205.00sp.gif104%
sp.gifChela v Hrbaty (09:00 BST)3.001.36sp.gif107%
sp.gifCoria v Martin (09:00 BST)1.205.00sp.gif104%
sp.gifHenman v Murray (09:00 BST)2.101.66sp.gif108%

Re: Tennis - starting Oct 24 - Lyon and StPetersburg Cheers David. Frogot that tourney. You forgot some matches I think:

Tuesday 25 October 2005
Player 1Player 2bookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged." class="AOCouponHeader" align="center">sp.gifBPP
sp.gifBerrer v Zib (11:00 BST)1.832.00sp.gif105%
sp.gifGonzalez v Seppi (11:00 BST)1.254.00sp.gif105%
sp.gifRochus v Srichaphan (12:45 BST)3.001.36sp.gif107%
sp.gifBaghdatis v Mackin (14:45 BST)1.283.50sp.gif107%
sp.gifHaas v Waske (14:45 BST)1.402.87sp.gif107%
sp.gifMayer v Moodie (16:00 BST)2.251.72sp.gif103%
sp.gifVliegen v Wawrinka (16:45 BST)2.621.57sp.gif102%
sp.gifFerrero v Volandri (18:45 BST)1.205.00sp.gif104%
sp.gifWednesday 26 October 2005
Player 1Player 2bookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged." class="AOCouponHeader" align="center">sp.gifBPP
sp.gifAcasuso v Massu (09:00 BST)2.201.83sp.gif100%
sp.gifBastl v Berdych (09:00 BST)2.751.50sp.gif104%
sp.gifCalleri v Sabau (09:00 BST)1.205.00sp.gif104%
sp.gifChela v Hrbaty (09:00 BST)3.001.36sp.gif107%
sp.gifCoria v Martin (09:00 BST)1.205.00sp.gif104%
sp.gifHenman v Murray (09:00 BST)2.001.83sp.gif105%
sp.gifKarlovic v Nalbandian (09:00 BST)3.501.33sp.gif104%

MURRAY v Henman @ 2.1 WillHill 2.73pts It's really early but you just have to take this price. I think by Wednesday most places will have Murray as a slight favourite and rightly so. Henman has shown glimpses in the last two tourneys but he is still struggling. I think as a match up of styles this really really suits Murray. Henman won;t be able to attack the net as he likes to or Murray will simply pick him off - we saw what he has done to Dent a couple of times. If Tim tries to mix it up with slices then I think Murray is more capable than 90% of the tour to match that. Murrays style has been compared to Hewitt from the back and I'm not sure I totally agree but we've all seen what Hewitt has done to Henman down the years. The only downside hear is that the pressure of playing the British Number 1 will get to Murray but I don't think will be too much of a factor as we have already seen how he copes mentally (note I didn't saw physically;)) in big pressure situations. Can't believe I'm backing Murray. Am I a convert? Will I have to accept him as the future of English tennis?;););)

Re: Tennis - starting Oct 24 - Lyon and StPetersburg

Can't believe I'm backing Murray. Am I a convert? Will I have to accept him as the future of English tennis?;););)
No, you just have to accept you've been misled into believing Henman has set the benchmark by which British tennis should be judged! :rollin

Re: Tennis - starting Oct 24 - Lyon and StPetersburg WAWRINKA v Vliegen @ 1.57 VC 5.26pts Wawrinka is simply leagues ahead of Vliegen. Also playing at home should give him a big boost. Wawrinka leads the H2H 1-0, a win in a clay court final last year. Since then Wawrinka has come on a lot, whilst Vliegen ha regressed a bit. Should be straightforward for the Swiss guy here.

Re: Tennis - starting Oct 24 - Lyon and StPetersburg YOUZHNY v Beck @ 1.55 Centrebet 5.45pts I've been saying for a while now that I don't think Beck is focused right now and I think that is justified given he has only got the win against an injured Kiefer since the Davis Cup semi. Youzhny has a 4-0 H2H is this one over a range of surfaces and I think that will be telling. Youzhny won this tournament last year and seems inspried at home. The on;y concern is that he had to retire in his match against Acasuso last week otherwise I'd make this 1.30ish.

Re: Tennis - starting Oct 24 - Lyon and StPetersburg A few notes about Wawrinka: Are you aware that his statistic on indoor hard courts this year is 3-4 in major events? Vliegen's last appearance on an indoor hard court was just two weeks ago in Mons, he beat Norman, Darcis, Mahut there before losing to Malisse in 3. Vliegen also has played the Qualification here which may give him an advantage of knowing the surface better. 3 straight sets wins in the Q. vs Mackin,Hammer, Roetschl. All in all I don't think it's worth betting on Wawrinka at

Re: Tennis - starting Oct 24 - Lyon and StPetersburg All the best bets come in the first round of tournaments, today is no exception. A point of caution though, tennis betting at this time of year seems a bit like betting on football at the end of the season, a few random results, some players already with the break in mind, taking it easy etc. Difficult to assess attitudes. Stick with players with a reason to win: Ferrer to bt Gicquel 4/9 Minar to bt Kim 8/13 Prices from Coral. Ferrer was impressive last week in Madrid, and with the slower conditions this week, could be even better if his frame of mind is right. If he plays anything like, he can't lose today. Minar is a decent performer, leads Kim2-0 on head to head on hard courts. recently beat Kim in straight sets in Austria. Fancy the Czech to get this. 20 points double. Gonzalez v Seppi Over 20.5 games 1.85 Unibet Though you would expect gonzalez to win this, I feel it may be a little tougher than expected. Both good servers, so I am expecting a 7-6 6-4 or thereabouts. Anyhow, a longish first set should see this go over the estimate. 10 points. Gabashvili to bt Monaco 4/6 Wawrinka to bt Vliegen 4/7 Acasuso to bt Massu 5/6 Sporting Odds A bit speculative, this treble, as you can never get 3 right, usually 2 out of 3, but there is value in this. Gabashvili is the home player, and his odds have been lowering since the draw. Monaco not at home on any of the faster surfaces. Agree with what has been said about Wawrinka, performed well in the Davis Cup at home, and the home support may carry him on here. Massu has been woeful for most of the year, and seems ready to lose at the moment. On the contrary, Acasuso had some good results last week, taking an in form Stepanek to three sets, and defeating Youzhny. Don't think he should be 5/6 here. 10 points treble. Starting bank; 100 points. Good luck all.

Re: Tennis - starting Oct 24 - Lyon and StPetersburg I like Wawrinka, but not at those prices. In case anyone isn't aware, Vliegen plays his best tennis on grass(which is arguably the closest semblance to carpet) and that's something which Wawrinka has still to convince me he's good enough on. Of course I'm not saying I see an upset is on the cards, but this is clearly one which is best left alone as I'm left with more questions than answers(and nothing has tempted me to take the 1.50-1.60 for Wawrinka just yet)...

Re: Tennis - starting Oct 24 - Lyon and StPetersburg I refer you to my earlier comments re: tennis betting at this time of year. Ferrer loses 4-6 0-6 to French qualifier Gicquel. Obviously a case of wanting to be somewhere else, as the Ferrer of last week would have had no trouble. Pathetic. Minar is doing his best to lose too, not that it matters. 3-0 up in the final set, with 2 breaks, loses 3 on the trot to make it 3-3. Then breaks again at 4-4, so serves for the match. Of course is broken to 15. Currently 5-5 final set. Gonzalez v Seppi went almost exactly as I said, 7-6 6-3, so that made it over the 20.5 games.

Re: Tennis - starting Oct 24 - Lyon and StPetersburg Yep, rubbish. I will add one more that seems to be a 'talking horse' this morning, even thought the value has gone. Stakhovsky to bt Popp Evens at Coral Stakhovsky's odds have been on the move today. The home player is obviously fancied today. Popp hasn't been very active this year, and only seems to play decently on grass or hard courts. Mind you, the last two days have seen a few odds dropping, and they have all lost. Clement, Kunitsyn etc etc. 20 pts on Stakhovsky.

Re: Tennis - starting Oct 24 - Lyon and StPetersburg Hey... I'm a new user here on The Punter's Lounge. I would like to hear what you think about Ljubicic Vs Spadea.. Is Ljubicic also good on carpet and is there a big different on hardcourt and carpet, because Ljubicic has played very well the last month. Or do you people have another good game I can bet on?

Re: Tennis - starting Oct 24 - Lyon and StPetersburg Hardcourt and Carpet are quite similar, but bare in mind Ljubicic has been playing a lot recently - and will soon have the Davis Cup Final in sight and focus on that one. Despite that, he is 7-1 on carpet this year, lost to Stepanek in Milan. Spadea has met Ljubicic 4 times, and won the only meeting on carpet though. All matches have been tight between them - each included a tiebreak! Still, Spadea is on a horrible run recently - so you have to make up your mind whether a 1.3 is appealing for Ljubicic looking at these facts. Too short for me, would look for Over 21 games or so.

Re: Tennis - starting Oct 24 - Lyon and StPetersburg Ginepri to bt Mathieu 1.40 Carlsen to bt Stakhovsky 1.60 Prices from Centrebet. Ginepri should outclass Mathieu. The odds are probably a reflection of Mathieu playing at home and Ginepri having had a tiring week last week. If Carlsen can beat Mirnyi, I think he will have enough guile for Stakhovsky, who only just outlasted an out of form Popp yesterday. 15 points double. Melzer to bt Kiefer 2/1 Sporting Odds A bit of value. Kiefer has been unpredictable recently, nearly going out to Garcia Lopez yesterday after a poor showing last week, retiring against Beck when well down in the match. Melzer can turn in some good displays (as well as some bad ones). A bit more even than the bookies are making out, I think. 5 points. T Johansson to bt Pavel 4/11 Ancic to bt Enqvist 2/5 at Blue Square Fairly self explanatory, you would think. Two players capable of high quality performance on harder courts, versus two players whose retirement must be close. Pavel and Enqvist haven't been the same players for a couple of years now, and anything like top form from Ancic and TJ will be enough. 10 points double. Profit/Loss so far: -1.5 pts