Tournament Value

PAULM03

At the minute I play the $2+.2 turbo sit and gos on Betfred. First place pays $8.4, giving me roughly 3/1, meaning I have to win 1 in 4 to break even. Which so far I have. But am I right in thinking that if I can win 1 tourney in 4 I should be expecting to do better than just break even?. Or is this a standard prize structure?

Re: Tournament Value My expeience of Sng STT's (with 10 people) is that the prize structure is typically 50%/30%/20% for 1st/2nd/3rd - so that sounds more generous that normal (but of course, the price is paid I presume if you finish 2nd or 3rd). You are talking SnG STT's with 10 seats?

Re: Tournament Value The payout scale is pretty standard. For example if you play a $1 10 seat STT then the payout I think is $5,$3 and $2. Regarding the 'value' aspect, I aren't too convinced of that, but if you are winning 1 in 4 then you are consistently showing a profit on your tourney fees, which is great.:ok Methinks you're going to be a force in the heads-up tourney.

Re: Tournament Value Yeah they're 6 seat. Trouble is with these turbo games I find myself getting looser and looser if I don't build a decent stack early on and can sometimes end up playing like a total fish. Does anyone have any strategy tips for these kind of tourneys?