220 York & 430 York

Just some brief thoughts on this one - not a race for big stakes as it looks very wide open. Last years winner Go Tech will be popular, especially after bouncing back to form last time. He has a chance of the follow up with conditions in his favour but looks slightly high in the handicap to me. He won the race off a mark of84 last year and runs today off of 91. In fact, he is yet to make the frame running off a mark of 90 or higher. I pinpointed Thyolo as a horse to follow this year and im hoping not many of you took my advice as, a bit of place money aside, we would not have got much in the way of returns. However, he was running consisitently well in class 2 races late last season and earlier in the season, off marks ranging from 96-99. He drops down to class 3 today off a lower mark of 90. No real signs of a return to form but he is a big price for an open race like this and blinkers are applied for the first time which ma or may not help. I rate Realism as the danger. The racing post is concerned that he may be a touch high in the weights but i think his last run can be ignored. He has run consistnetly well in good quality races this season annd got a well deserved win over C+D in August. Next time out he was racing on soft ground he hates from an awful draw in stall 1 (first 6 home were drawn 28,26,25,20,4,29). The RP also makes the good point that his front running stablemate Instructor is more than likely in the field to set the race up for him, so he is a real danger. Realism win @ 4.9 Thyolo win @ 23.0 Go Tech lay @ 5.1

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.