World Matchplay 2024

Fader

Next weekend we have the Matchplay. It's a big event for the players and one of the top 3 trophies they all want. MVG takes on Littler which helps in the betting to get rid of one of them. Its high-leg format lends itself to the winner being of high quality and not just a player that "has a good week"

I can't believe that Michael Smith is 18/1. I get that his form hasn't been the same since that first Worlds win but he is still a top 5 player in the world and we know how much he'd want this one. He is also coming off the back of added confidence from winning the World Cup with Humphries. I wouldn't be taking him at 12s or 14s but 18s is too big.

My other picks are a bit more obvious in terms of the form we've seen from Clayton and Ross Smith. Dobey, I just think it's time he turns the table with his form and I like his draw. Finally, Cullen at 80/1. Sometimes you just have a feeling about a player.

2pts M.Smith 18/1 Bet365
------------------------------------------
1pt e/w Dobey 40/1 Bet365
1pt e/w Clayton 40/1 Bet365
1pt e/w R.Smith 40/1 Bet365
-------------------------------------------
0.5pts e/w Cullen 80/1 Bet365

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.