That's me hooked

PAULM03

Just won my first tourneybanana.gif A grand total of $4.20laugh4.gif Can anyone tell me how good these cheap SNG tourneys are for learning the ropes? I get the idea they're not too great as all the other players just seem to throw their chips around like confetti. Got my first read on someone aswell, the fella I was heads up with ALWAYS checked before the turn if he didn't have anything. In the end it was candy from a baby.cheers.gif

Re: That's me hooked nice one paul, little fish are sweet :ok I mostly played Sit n Go`s when I started but my first ever cash game was a $30 MTT believe it or not. I played ultra tight, not that i`m any different now for my sins :unsure but nevertheless I finished in 19th of over 300 if I remember correctly (it was late) to collect $70. After that I got stuck into the $2 and $5 STT`s, every night, turbos mainly, I liked the quick game see.

That`s me hooked
I dont think anybody who`s partial to a bet wont get hooked on Hold Em in time to come, it`s just a cracking game, I just think that so many people still don`t realise that you don`t have to sit down with 3 million quid infront of you. There are tables to suit all pockets. And more often than not you can get more entertainment for your pound than putting it on some 5f horse race. Well done on your win again :clap

Re: That's me hooked :clap :clap :clap :clap Nice result Paul :ok It doesn't matter how much money it was for, winning your first tournament feels great ........................ so does winning any other tournament for that matter :lol This is a link to a thread we had a while back that kind of answered some of the "how do i get started " questions. Hope it helps a bit, If you have any other questions feel free to ask, you'll get some good advice from the guys here :ok http://www.punterslounge.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15159

Re: That's me hooked Won another last night, 2 on the bounce. Out of the 4 I've played I've had a 2nd and 2 1sts, surely beginners luckunsure.gif At the minute I'm playing pot-limit is this advisable? I want to have a few more goes at these ultra-cheap tournaments and really get used to the speed of the game (it's much faster than I expected and I need to get quicker at counting outs and calculating pot-odds).