Game Week 20 Table & Game Week 21 Chat

fantasy.jpg

Welcome back to another update for the Punters Lounge Fantasy Football League. Apologies for the lack of updates for the past couple of weeks but I have been on holiday and then got struck down by the old covid. Fear not, I am back and fighting fit now so here is the latest look at the table.

There is a new leader at the top of the tree in Steve Durrant's EsteSakaMinging. They are being hotly pursued by @skyblues88's Show me the Mane who are just 16 points behind after gaining 6 points on the league leaders in the last round. The previous leader, @Gray306, is still in the hunt back in 3rd place but there will be concerns in their camp over the drop in form recently. Last round's total of 59 points could prove hugely damaging.

It was a high-scoring week last week which can largely be attributed to some big-name players scoring well. Notably, Mohamed Salah, who was captained by a lot of people. This led to several teams breaching the 100-point mark. ET vd Watt's DXB_Juggernauts, @DLL's Pain In Diaz, Dave Owens' Flying Without Ings, and @akarsioti's Τσούχτρα all managed to hit three figures for their totals but it was @jjallan993 and their Allan's Allstars side that sneaked the Manager of the Week accolade with 102 points. Their decision to captain Salah whilst also including high scorers in Alphonse Areola, Cole Palmer, and Phil Foden helped.

Now, I know you've all missed this over the festive period. Yes, it was lovely to be kind and merry but Christmas is over people. It's time to get vitriolic again! In a week when high scores were aplenty (I mean, come on, even I hit 88 points and I'm actively trying to make you all feel better by being rubbish! :loon) you'd think that the lowest scores would be a little higher as well. Wrong! One of the wishes that Nicholas Smyth's 17 Wishes side wished for must've been to avoid finishing last in the scores this week because despite getting just 19 points they didn't pick up the worst score. That unwanted achievement went to Stephen Sullivan's Steps to Victory team who only earned 15 points. In the village stocks with you young man! :spank

The deadline for transfers this week is 6:15pm UK time on Friday 12th January. Please bear in mind that the Africa Cup of Nations begins this week so take that into account when preparing your teams for this weekend's action! :ok