Golf - Seve Trophy

Hopefully you followed my advice last week as Paul McGinley was my tip in the HSBC Match Play (each way at 25/1). Let’s try and make it two big winning weeks in a row. I quite like the look of the Seve Trophy, particularly the top GB & Ireland points scorer market. Harrington and Montgomerie head this market, but neither are in particularly good form at present. David Howell is in much better form (see www.progolfform.com/Recent%20Form.htm ) and he should get plenty of chances to rack up the points. At 6/1 he’s definitely worth an interest. Paul McGinley should also do well, although he may be a bit mentally tired from his exertions in the HSBC Match Play. In the top European player market, I reckon Henrik Stenson is the man to be on, at 6/1. He has been in exceptionally good form recently (see www.progolfform.com/Recent%20Form.htm ) and is fast emerging as one of Europe’s best talents. This tournament should prove a good opportunity for him to cement his growing reputation.

Re: Golf - Seve Trophy Not sure if anyone has welcomed you as yet, Chris, so accept a big :welcome to PL. I can see you know your golf so it's a pity there is seemingly a drop in interest over here, but it will change again. Good call with McGinley, although it might be a bit better to state clearly you fancy a player as and each-way chance, as what I gathered from your post last week was that you were advising a stright win. The format of the play made it easy to lay back, but anyone following a win only pick would find it difficult to decide whether to let the bet ride or not. I gather your sels this week are win only in respective markets, right? :hope, mate.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.