Players Championship Finals

ThunderDan9

It starts tomorrow, the last event before the World Championship.

My first thought was of course Ross Smith, but he is in that Price/MVG quarter... the fourth quarter looks to be the most "favorable" to be in at first glance... maybe Heta? If Humphries doesn't win everything (but he does, lol), Searle would actually make some sense... he hit that 9-darter at the Grand Slam, and then was eliminated by... Humphries. And in the second quarter, Gurney looks to have a relatively nice draw... he has good stats, but hasn't won anything in ages... maybe now?

With the longer format from the third round on, the chances of a longshot winner are not that good... I was thinking about Kist, just on the vague assumption he could somehow recreate that form he had in that short spell... he has been useless since then though...

I’ve not had much time to look at the Players Championship Finals but have had a few small speculative bets. As with the Grand Slam I think Price and Humphries are the most likely winners of the event, but their odds aren’t particularly appealing, especially with the shortened format in the first couple of rounds. The pair are on opposite sides of the draw, so did consider a Price v Humphries final, but the odds of around 8/1 didn’t entice me in.

Instead I’ve gone for a few outrights (each way) at bigger prices, with the hope that one can make a big run. One from each quarter of the draw, with two from the bottom quarter, which as @ThunderDan9 pointed out seems the weakest section.

Ross Smith 66/1

Chris Dobey 40/1

Jim Williams 250/1

Jules van Dongen 200/1

Joe Cullen 40/1

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.