RACING CHAT SUNDAY 15th OCTOBER

Didn'thavemuchtodo                                         2 50 Naas/                          1/40th og a pt ew   14/1

Punchbowel Flyer                                               3 00 Naas/                          1/40th of a pt ew    16/1

P/L    + 173.25 pts

Edited by black rabbit
selections

Sha tin

Lucky Encounter

win

unbeaten on good ground since stepping up in grade (3 wins) got into a scrap for the lead on heavy going a long way out and finished fifth on final run in June. Normal service resumed on seasonal reappearance here. If in same mood could stay ahead of the handicapper given ratings here. Stays in class three too.

one of two decent winners at the course today lucky Encounter.

grade two race at keeneland tonight 2112 sees me break the habit of a lifetime and not put this up at post time.

Mainly this is because  nothing will get in the way of the rugby World Cup clash between France and the springboks. I met a load of white saffas in paris and Lille many years ago back during the rugby World Cup South Africa was still at war internally and the team were still banned. it didn’t stop thousands of Boks travelling without the team to watch the tournament. The ones I met were great and they shared their bilton  and beer with us. There were of course a couple of vortrekkers who were throughly adamant things would go the other way and if you could stereotype an unpleasant South African this was them.
It’s great to see what a United rainbow 🌈 team look like now. 

keeneland  USA 2112 hours 
Caravel won the grade one breeders cup sprint turf in November and had some big names back in rear including highfield Princess. The key to winning then was a good break and getting to the first turn in front then controlling the fractions fastly or slower than horses not up with the break could deal with… decelerate , excelerate and then kick on at an even keel. Didn’t have to be the best, just had to dictate. Did it to aplomb and string the field out. Returns to the course tonight and down in grade may do the same again. I’ve been on winning Godolphin runners the last two nights here, but preference is for the breeder’s  cup champion giving six pounds away to regain the winning thread.

Caravel to win.

Edited by Sporting Sam

Ireland 1340

Il Pellegrino

win

beaten by pipsy at the curragh on debut missed break. Pipsy win for me at Dundalk on Friday in listed race. Connotations are obvious if making a clean break.

gets help from emperor  of Rome drawn alongside of fathers yard and withdrawn.

……………………………………………

*well beaten up the naas hill.

Edited by Sporting Sam

@richard-westwood Have you or are you going to rate the Irish November handicap at Nass today as i have three  that i think will run well but  not  sure if last years winner  Drop The Anchor  25/1 has a bit to much weight to win, Mon Couer 28/1  if the distance is ok  in this ground  & Prairie Dancer 16/1  who has been backed from 33's which i've missed  which puts me off a bit  was hoping you would put your first 6 rated up  to see if any of these are in as i don't really wanna back all 3 unless all 3 are in it!!! highly unlikely.

Thanks Rich.

Edited by Tedthewolf

40 minutes ago, Tedthewolf said:

@richard-westwood Have you or are you going to rate the Irish November handicap at Nass today as i have three  that i think will run well but  not  sure if last years winner  Drop The Anchor  25/1 has a bit to much weight to win, Mon Couer 28/1  if the distance is ok  in this ground  & Prairie Dancer 16/1  who has been backed from 33's which i've missed  which puts me off a bit  was hoping you would put your first 6 rated up  to see if any of these are in as i don't really wanna back all 3 unless all 3 are in it!!! highly unlikely.

Thanks Rich.

I'll give it a whirl ....give me half hour 😁

2 minutes ago, Tedthewolf said:

Thanks Pal.

Tough race because there are a few unknowns with horses transferring from fences .....but rated as follows 

November hcap 

Whiskey sour. 8.7 

Brouge  8.4 

Powerful Aggie.   8.1 

Raving royale.   8.0 

Lord Erskine. 8.0 

For me it looks Ew top 2 

Hard to know how well brouge will take the step up but he looks a progressive type .....for me it looks Ew on top 2 

Cork 1620

painless potter

win

Henry De Bromhead’s runner took a crashing fall when well backed and prominently placed under Rachael Blackmore.
Turned out quickly which suggests better hoped for.

Darragh OKeefe takes over in the saddle today.

Goodwood

Black Run

Hampden

both win

essentially Hampden has course and distance having been third here on debut and should relish the going.

Edited by Sporting Sam

1 hour ago, richard-westwood said:

Tough race because there are a few unknowns with horses transferring from fences .....but rated as follows 

November hcap 

Whiskey sour. 8.7 

Brouge  8.4 

Powerful Aggie.   8.1 

Raving royale.   8.0 

Lord Erskine. 8.0 

For me it looks Ew top 2 

Hard to know how well brouge will take the step up but he looks a progressive type .....for me it looks Ew on top 2 

Cheers  for that  sorry not to see any of my fancies in there but hey ho.

Have changed my mind a bit  decide to go for 2 e/w 

!pt e/w on both  5places BOG  MON COEUR 20/1 & CRASSUS 33/1 4pts invested

Fos las bumper 1705

Wicked Thoughts

win

big money purchase after

wide margin winner in points and Nicholls the new trainer. Future lies in jumps but likely out to complete yard good weekend here. Lots of good form lines through the points race and runner up snapped up in Ireland and already winning bumper’s 

Edited by Sporting Sam

19 hours ago, Tedthewolf said:

@richard-westwood Have you or are you going to rate the Irish November handicap at Nass today as i have three  that i think will run well but  not  sure if last years winner  Drop The Anchor  25/1 has a bit to much weight to win, Mon Couer 28/1  if the distance is ok  in this ground  & Prairie Dancer 16/1  who has been backed from 33's which i've missed  which puts me off a bit  was hoping you would put your first 6 rated up  to see if any of these are in as i gdon't really wanna back all 3 unless all 3 are in it!!! highly unlikely.

Thanks Rich.

How do you manage to ride off in a race overweight?

surely jockeys have to weigh out on the scales before taking part, otherwise how on earth can they weigh in?

Several things here jockeys starve themselves hurt themselves take all manner of substances illegal and otherwise, vomit ,poo, get dieting conditions to make the weights then someone strolls on course rides a winner whips the heck out of his horse to ensure the gamble and prize money is landed, safe in the knowledge the race is in the 💰 bag. How can this be fair to punters and everyone else in the race?

whilst they had out whip bans in Ireland more than they do over here, that reflects the obvious need to because there was no way being overweight and all, that Dylan was going to lose that race, hence the whipping the horse got, it doesn’t make good reading nor does it reflect the sport in any great light, nor is it good for the horse!

The Raceday Stewards interviewed D. McMonagle, rider of Prairie Dancer, concerning his use of the whip in the closing stages of this race. Evidence was heard from the rider concerned who accepted that he was in breach of the regulation and apologised. Having viewed a recording of the race and considered the evidence the Raceday Stewards were satisfied that D. McMonagle was in breach of Regulation 10.3.g(excessive frequency) and having considered his record in this regard the Raceday Stewards suspended D. McMonagle for four racedays
The Raceday Stewards received a report from the Clerk of the Scales, Ms. T. O’Meara, that D. McMonagle, rider of Prairie Dancer, had weighed in at 1.1lb overweight. Evidence was heard from the rider concerned who accepted that this was the case. Having considered the evidence the Racedays Stewards were satisfied that D. MocMonagle was in breach of Rule 231 and having considered his record in this regard the Raceday Stewards suspended D. McMonagle for two racedays

Edited by Sporting Sam