Championship League 2023

Fader

I'm patiently waiting for the real snooker and the start of the new season and have largely ignored this Championship League but now we're getting close to finishing the first stage, it's abit easier to get an idea of the final 8 (my opinion)

I actually think we'll see a standard K.Wilson / Trump or Williams final but the value is most certainly in the first section which in my opinion would house these 4 (winner goes to the final) :

Guodong
Saengkham
K.Wilson
M.White / Long Zehaung

With this in mind I'll take a bet on both Guodong and Saengkham. Tiny bet on big outsider Long, who beat Ali Carter and topped his group in the first round.

1pt e/w Saengkham to win Championship League 20/1 William Hill
1pt e/w Guodong to win Championship League 22/1 William Hill
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0.25pts e/w Long Zehaung to win Championship League 80/1 Bet365

The start of the 2nd stage today and Group E, comprising of Kyren Wilson, Chris Wakelin, Anthony Hamilton & Sam Lam. Despite being 4/6, I just can't see past Kyren winning this group. 4 centuries already in this and topping his group with 3 wins from 3 and conceding just 1 frame. Might not be fantastic odds but I can't see past it.

6pts K.Wilson to win Group E 4/6 Willhill

12 hours ago, amity said:

Wakelin chose yesterday to put in one of his brilliant spells. No doubt he'll revert to his normal mediocre standard after this! 

It's mad isn't it. The ONLY positive is that he is now in the group where my outright are and Saengkham got through today. So, in effect, to make the final we're looking at :

Wakelin
Saengkahm
Winner of (Jak Jones/Craigie/M.White/Long)
Winner of (Yuelong/Guodong/Woollaston/Holt)

that's one open group. Winner of it is in the final. Yes, they'll play Trump or Mark Williams but each-way placing as a minimum.

Group A and D today. I was tempted to go with Un Nooh on the outright market but he isn't in the right stage 3 table (if he makes it through) and he'd have to beat Williams and Trump to a top place. However, I reckon he has a chance today and I am also going with Guodong to top his group.

Group A winner - Guodong 2/1 WillHill
Group D winner - Un Nooh 14/5 Willhill

Guodong through, topping the group for a 2/1 winner thanks to his high break

all of a sudden now, Mark Williams is in the other winners group, on Wikipedia. God knows what has happened there. I never should have relied on correct info on Wiki

No Trump, which helps any outright bet you may have. If I had to pick the finalist then I'd probably say Murphy taking on Mark Williams but more than happy with having one in each half and both with a decent chance of making the final. Yupeng certainly value at 11/2 to win from here, too.