Racing Chat -Sunday 2nd April

Sha Tin 5.45

Zac Purton

Returns from Australia having had a full book of rides which included the win in the Doncaster mile at randwick beating my Oberon.

He gets straight onto a $680k yearling who goes  into open age handicaps  on debut.

SIMPLE HEDGE

Each way 8/1 or better.

Drawn in stall 13 over six furlongs gives the jockey the option to stay out wide or tack across either way the extreme draw can be an advantage. J.size very decent trainer and this horse has had several trials, all down the field but has been schooled each time by Hugh Bowman and Zac Purton. 

Edited by sporting sam

Chrysos

Another British runner campaigning over a trip far from ideal. A winning miler who has shown ability over shorter. This is only his second run on the island and certainly worth watching for improvement.

Sha Tin 10.50

Swilcan Bridge was a winner at Southwell roundabout this time last year and also won on soft turf.

Now plying his trade in Hong Kong and runs off a furlong shorter than ideal this morning.

Now know as YOUNG BRILLIANT has dropped in the weights and has a place chance. Likely to go off a big price and while an unlikely winner there are plenty of places to play for... May well need some cut in the ground and a step up in trip.

The Chilean group one winner

ALACRITY

Win

Should go very close in this contest after two good runs since coming to Hong Kong.

Has the champion jockey Zac Purton riding in this last race of the day for the first time.

2 hours ago, sporting sam said:

Chrysos

Another British runner campaigning over a trip far from ideal. A winning miler who has shown ability over shorter. This is only his second run on the island and certainly worth watching for improvement.

Sha Tin 10.50

Swilcan Bridge was a winner at Southwell roundabout this time last year and also won on soft turf.

Now plying his trade in Hong Kong and runs off a furlong shorter than ideal this morning.

Now know as YOUNG BRILLIANT has dropped in the weights and has a place chance. Likely to go off a big price and while an unlikely winner there are plenty of places to play for... May well need some cut in the ground and a step up in trip.

The Chilean group one winner

ALACRITY

Win

Should go very close in this contest after two good runs since coming to Hong Kong.

Has the champion jockey Zac Purton riding in this last race of the day for the first time.

1st and 2nd in the 1050 - you can't argue with that. Cheers for a good start to a sunday!

Back down to Earth ? with a maiden hurdle.

This field is full of decent sorts and looks like a hugely above average Irish hurdle.

Downpatrick

Maiden hurdle

Gordon Elliott sends out

SMOOTH PLAYER

WIN

Again.

Conditions are not ideal and some good horses in attendance.

This one was unlucky to run into company sergeant last time. Sam Ewing copped a whip ban.

This horse needs everything to drop right to unlock his undoubted assets.

Has run into hautiere, facile Vega and eye van and was found to be clinically abnormal on one of those runs.

Elliott has booked the promising apprentice O’Sullivan claiming 5lbs.

Might not get home under this ground but as good a chance as any. 11/4 3/1 looks fair 

Lucky 15

2.10 Don Kadover 7/2 (2 p win at 5.10)

3.20 Don Chairmanoftheboard (WB) 11/2 (1.50 win at 8.40)

3.55 Don Sir Rumi 7/2 (2pts win at 5.3)

4.45 Asc Two For Gold 5/2) (2 pts win at 4.5)

1 x 0.20 L15 = 3 pts = poss ret of 203.98

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Other bets

3.20 Don Tinto 1 pt win at 19.5 and Hyperfocus 1 pt win at 22 (come on @richard-westwoodselections ?

3.55 Don Jean Baptiste 0.50 ew 4 pl 20/1 (don't ask)

3.35 Asc Dolos 1 pt win at 11.5 Paul Nicholls

4.20 Leop Valiant King 1 p win at 10.5 (OM) currently 9.20 so probably won't get matched.  Aiden O'Brien dominates in most of the races so let's hope the kids get a couple of winners

Total stakes = 15.5 points

I am staking a bit more on my win bets now.  Whilst I risk a bigger losing run at least I am thinking a bit more before I place my bets

Edited by The Equaliser

3 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

Lucky 15

2.10 Don Kadover 7/2 (2 p win at 5.10)

3.20 Don Chairmanoftheboard (WB) 11/2 (1.50 win at 8.40)

3.55 Don Sir Rumi 7/2 (2pts win at 5.3)

4.45 Asc Two For Gold 5/2) (2 pts win at 4.5)

1 x 0.20 L15 = 3 pts = poss ret of 203.98

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Other bets

3.20 Don Tinto 1 pt win at 19.5 and Hyperfocus 1 pt win at 22 (come on @richard-westwoodselections ?

3.55 Don Jean Baptiste 0.50 ew 4 pl 20/1 (don't ask)

3.35 Asc Dolos 1 pt win at 11.5 Paul Nicholls

4.20 Leop Valiant King 1 p win at 10.5 (OM) currently 9.20 so probably won't get matched.  Aiden O'Brien dominates in most of the races so let's hope the kids get a couple of winners

Total stakes = 15.5 points

I am staking a bit more on my win bets now.  Whilst I risk a bigger losing run at least I am thinking a bit more before I place my bets

RESULTS UPDATE

Just one winner which mitigated my potential wipe out today.  Two For Gold won so 8.86 returned and 1.70 on L15 = 10.56.  Valiant King not matched as a flood of money went on it.  Unlucky to be beaten a short head with Murphy aboard though.  This made my loss 3.94 points today; not too bad considering.  My MTD is +3.15 and YTD -46.67.  Some of today's results just goes to show that we all have to tread very carefully until the form of the flat settles down

Edited by The Equaliser

Finally!!!

EY UP IT'S MAGGIE

win

Billy Lochnane has an opportunity to bookend the meeting with this mudlover.

Hasn't won for two years but did so in the wet at leicester.

Not much of a price but a real opportunity here of top weight minus the five pound claim.

Certainly very well treated and hopefully Billy gets this one home.

8 hours ago, fd1972uk said:

Don 1410, ew on demilion

Tiny profit for me and wife,  lead all way till near end winner beat it easily.

Won a watch via 888, had cheltenham free £20 bets come through, put on a few horses with each £20 bet (one is ew on delta work for wife for National), put on Allezdancer 15/2 and Ivaldi 4/1 so very nice, also The Imposter on a normal bet at 4s too. 

Well made up for yesterday.