** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Non-League Predictions - 26th November

Darran

Altrincham v Eastleigh
I am happy to carry on opposing Eastleigh away from home as I did last week when they lost to Maidenhead. Altrincham have been in good form and although they lost 3 on the bounce one was at Wrexham, and one was a 1-0 loss to Wealdstone which they should have won. I'd have them shorter than they are for this.

Dorking v York
A bit surprised to see over 3.5 goals as big as it is for this given Dorking are involved. I did wonder if it wouldn't happen against Bromley last week given their lack of goals, but it duly ended up 3-2. Odds are too big on it being over 3.5 again for a Dorking game.

Maidstone v Maidenhead
I was tempted to back Maidenhead, but this is just the sort of game they struggle in and actually Maidstone don't lose that often at home. They have only lost 3 times at home and drawn 5 and those have all come in their last 7 home games. I can easily see this being a low scoring draw so am happy to back the stalemate here.

Kettering v Southport (NLN)
Kettering's pitch is always a right state and that has meant their home performances/results are much better than their away ones. They have lost just twice at home all season and even managed to beat Kings Lynn. Southport's away form has improved after losing 5 bounce as they have won their last 3, but given Kettering's strengths at home they shouldn't be as big a price as they are.

Kidderminster v Gloucester (NLN)
Kidderminster were so lucky to beat AFC Telford on Tuesday night as they were still a goal down with less than 10 minutes to go. They then scored 2 quick goals to turn the game around, but it highlighted again how much they are under performing this season. I know Gloucester's form has fallen off the edge of the cliff and injuries have not helped, but the performance against Scarborough was much better and the late winner had an xG of just 0.07 which sums up what a wonder strike it was. I think 2 weeks off from the league will have been a big help for the team who had a very busy set of fixtures and one where the players really put in a lot of effort when King first joined. I'd still have the home side as favs, but no way should their be as much between the two sides as there is so I am happy to take an away win.

Forest Green v Alvechurch
Into the FA Cup and whilst I know FGR are bottom and Alvechurch beat Cheltenham in the last round I just can't see them causing another upset. FGR managed to beat South Shields 2-0 in the previous around away from home and South Shields are miles better than Alvechurch. As much as Alvechurch performed so well against Cheltenham I just can't see them being able to pull off another freak result like that and as I said in the previous round, the fact the game is on TV helps focus the League sides minds in my view. The -1 handicap is odds against and FGR really should be covering that.

Dagenham & Redbridge v Gillingham
Dagenham have been a really curious side this season having put in some stinking performances, but the vast majority of those have been away from home. They have only lost once at home and that was 5-0 against Notts County. Gillingham are really struggling at the bottom of League 2 and who knows this might be a league game I am writing about next season. I'd make Dagenham favourites to win this so they are a spot of value.

Ipswich v Buxton
Ipswich didn't put out their first team against Bracknell, but you could see the massive class edge that they had and they did enough to land the handicap bet for us in the end. Now they are at home here I think they can run out easy winners against a Buxton side who aren't as good as I thought they would be this season. The handicap is at -2 again, but I think they can cover it and prove their massive class edge.

Altrincham 1pt @ 11/8 with William Hill and Betfred (take up to 11/10)
Dorking v York over 3.5 goals 1pt @ 13/8 with Bet365, Skybet, William Hill and Betfred (take up to 5/4)
Maidstone v Maidenhead draw 1pt @ 23/10 with Betfred (12/5 with Bet365 and take up to 21/10)
Kettering 1pt @ 5/2 with Betfair and Paddy Power (take up to 2/1)
Gloucester 1pt @ 11/2 with everyone and William Hill are 13/2 (take up to 5/2)
Forest Green -1 3pts @ 11/10 with Betfair and Paddy Power (take up to 4/5)
Dagenham & Redbridge 1pt @ 8/5 with Bet365 (take up to 11/8)
Ipswich -2 1pt @ 7/5 with Paddy Power and Betfair (take up to 11/10)

Eastbourne have won 5 of their last 6 matches in all competitions, whilst only conceeding one goal in the process, their last two results being away victories at Hemel Hempstead & leaders Ebbsfleet. So the odds of 2.7 on offer, for them to win at Slough looks generous, considering that Slough have only picked up 2 points from their last 8 league games.