Queensland Masters

Fader

Draw is now up for this, which starts tomorrow. I think only Mathers and Heta have a chance of making the 2nd round from the "home players" so to speak. Mathers should meet Fallon but and Heta faces a tasty match with Price. Top half looks like Van Den Bergh Vs MVG. Van Den Bergh is a skinny 5/1 otherwise I would probably be backing him. 

I will instead take 2 from the bottom half. The first is Michael Smith, who has a nice draw until the latter stages, where he will face Price or Heta probably. Heta is my 2nd bet. He won this even a few years ago and if he gets past Price then he could be dangerous and 14/1 is a nice price, really.

2pts e/w M.Smith to win Queensland Masters 13/2 paddypower
1pt e/w Heta to win Queensland Masters 14/1 bet365

Shame Heta couldn't see it through. 4-2 and 5-4 up in a first to 6 with 80 left and Price takes out 120 and then hits 8 perfect darts and a 12 darter to win the match. What can you do, I suppose? 

Smith looked great though. 6-0 and 105 average. He will have Mathers tomorrow in the Quarter Finals.