Racing Chat - Sunday 19th June

Thin on the ground in UK but some good Group racing at Chantilly .

1230 Group 3 - EREVANN  1st 9/4 

140 Group 3 - HAVANA ANGEL 5/1 ( A.Murphy )  3rd 

300 Group 1 - TOY 25/1 eway 4 places bet365 ? .( nashwa 1st 7/4 worthy favourite but the Moore / O'Brien combo are on fire , she  has awful draw to overcome .

420 Group 3 - GOLDISTYLE 7/1 eway bet365 . ?

455 Group 3 - MARTEL 3rd 

2 without prices just watching briefs .

Edited by calva decoy
results update

Hollie Doyle gets a plumb ride on the favourite in the French Oaks (Prix de Diane) at 3pm Chantilly

Nashwa for the Gosdens finished 3rd at Epsom and probably brings the best form into the race but a lot of the hiome team are lightly raced types who we don't know much about so there could be something top class in there

I like Place du Carrousel for A Fabre ......... 2nd in the St Alary on just her 4th racecourse start and just about an EW price today

Chantilly 3pm - Place Du Carrousel - 12/1 EW Wm Hill

24 minutes ago, Trotter said:

Hollie Doyle gets a plumb ride on the favourite in the French Oaks (Prix de Diane) at 3pm Chantilly

Nashwa for the Gosdens finished 3rd at Epsom and probably brings the best form into the race but a lot of the hiome team are lightly raced types who we don't know much about so there could be something top class in there

I like Place du Carrousel for A Fabre ......... 2nd in the St Alary on just her 4th racecourse start and just about an EW price today

Chantilly 3pm - Place Du Carrousel - 12/1 EW Wm Hill

Let's hope that Hollie avoids the banana skins on her plumb ride

Taken the PL lounge tips for some fun bets this am

2.45 Hex Melburnian 11/4

5.45 Pont Fishable 7/2

6.15 Pont Exminster 10/3

1 x 0.5 win Trixie  = poss return 62.86

5.15 Pont Kaizer 7/1 and 6.45 Pont Corinthia Knight 4/1 = 2 x 0.5 win bets and a 0.5 EW double with poss return 22.86

4 points staked

Poss back later with some of my own selections

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2.00 Worc Ashoka 4/1 (1 pt win at 5.4)

2.15 Hex Major Snugfit 5/2 (2 pt win at 3.8)

4.35 Worc Stumps Or Slips 7/1 (1 pt win at 7/1)

5.07 Worc Mcphersopn 11/2 (1 pt win at 11/2

6 x .20 dbles & 4 x 0.2 trebles  2.0 stakes poss 38.55 doubles & 139.15 Trebles

Total stakes now 11 pts

1 pt win on Exminster at 10.0 (big drifter) 6.15 Ponte

Edited by The Equaliser

4 hours ago, calva decoy said:

Thin on the ground in UK but some good Group racing at Chantilly

However ITV are showing all the races at Pontefract which is good.

BET365 4/1 offer selections  :-

PONT 3.45 Dee See Are (6) 8/1
PONT 4.15 Mackenzie Rose (11) 6/1
PONT 5.15 Twilight Prince (2) 5/1
PONT 6.15 Aguaplano (6) 10/1

2 hours ago, MCLARKE said:

However ITV are showing all the races at Pontefract which is good.

BET365 4/1 offer selections  :-

PONT 3.45 Dee See Are (6) 8/1
PONT 4.15 Mackenzie Rose (11) 6/1
PONT 5.15 Twilight Prince (2) 5/1
PONT 6.15 Aguaplano (6) 10/1

I quite like the Sunday Series & the ITV7 paying £50k however it's a bit like Hong Kong Racing with the same horses being churned out every 2/3 weeks with the possibility of a £100k bonus up for grabs for 3 wins .

I like the look of your AGUAPLANO in 6.15 for the in form M.Botti team ?

11 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

Taken the PL lounge tips for some fun bets this am

2.45 Hex Melburnian 11/4

5.45 Pont Fishable 7/2

6.15 Pont Exminster 10/3

1 x 0.5 win Trixie  = poss return 62.86

5.15 Pont Kaizer 7/1 and 6.45 Pont Corinthia Knight 4/1 = 2 x 0.5 win bets and a 0.5 EW double with poss return 22.86

4 points staked

Poss back later with some of my own selections

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2.00 Worc Ashoka 4/1 (1 pt win at 5.4)

2.15 Hex Major Snugfit 5/2 (2 pt win at 3.8)

4.35 Worc Stumps Or Slips 7/1 (1 pt win at 7/1)

5.07 Worc Mcphersopn 11/2 (1 pt win at 11/2

6 x .20 dbles & 4 x 0.2 trebles  2.0 stakes poss 38.55 doubles & 139.15 Trebles

Total stakes now 11 pts

1 pt win on Exminster at 10.0 (big drifter) 6.15 Ponte

RESULTS UPDATE

An interesting day for me.   Major Snugfit won so saved my bacon.  Putting all the headgear on Stumps Or Slips came to nothing and McPherson finished lame.  Of the PL tips Kaizer fought hard to win its race; 14/1 was not available to me, I got 7/1 and the horse was backed into 9/2. It won by a neck. I should have either napped this horse or Major Snugfit but did neither so I live and learn.  No big prices put up by PL for tomorrow I see.  Overall I made a small profit of 1.65 points which I'm Ok with.  I do like scanning through a lot of races in an effort to find some winners.  There are so many horses that let you down by a bad performance I think it must be the right way to go to have a number of them to bet on in the hope that a few will turn up ready to try and win a race.  Even when @richard-westwoodputs up two races he is often backing up to 8 selections.  His are mutually exclusive which means that only two can win, though of course others may place.  I am backing my selections in different races in the hope that a few will click together and produce a winning multiple bet.  I don't have the confidence to lump on them in singles yet.  The prices of Richard's selections are usually much higher than mine so that is where he may well continue to do better.

All fun for me to chip away at.  Hopefully, I will improve on my selection process by spotting the false favourites in the future.

8 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

RESULTS UPDATE

An interesting day for me.   Major Snugfit won so saved my bacon.  Putting all the headgear on Stumps Or Slips came to nothing and McPherson finished lame.  Of the PL tips Kaizer fought hard to win its race; 14/1 was not available to me, I got 7/1 and the horse was backed into 9/2. It won by a neck. I should have either napped this horse or Major Snugfit but did neither so I live and learn.  No big prices put up by PL for tomorrow I see.  Overall I made a small profit of 1.65 points which I'm Ok with.  I do like scanning through a lot of races in an effort to find some winners.  There are so many horses that let you down by a bad performance I think it must be the right way to go to have a number of them to bet on in the hope that a few will turn up ready to try and win a race.  Even when @richard-westwoodputs up two races he is often backing up to 8 selections.  His are mutually exclusive which means that only two can win, though of course others may place.  I am backing my selections in different races in the hope that a few will click together and produce a winning multiple bet.  I don't have the confidence to lump on them in singles yet.  The prices of Richard's selections are usually much higher than mine so that is where he may well continue to do better.

All fun for me to chip away at.  Hopefully, I will improve on my selection process by spotting the false favourites in the future.

I've always done ok backing them my way ....I can understand the critics as you can argue only 1 can win but I see it as if the winner is in my top 6 rated then I increase my chances of finding it to 50 % if I back 3 and it gives you a bit of insurance that if one of your horses gets stuck in stalls or runs like a donkey ...at least you've still got a chance and it just seems to make the big races especially more fun ? 

But there are more than 1 person who backed my selections at ascot ew and had multiple returns ....I wasn't keeping track but I'm told in some races top 4 horses all finished top 6 so they got multiple returns so sometimes that might be a better way to bet .....for me I'm realising forecasts are very rare so I'm not a fan tbh ....its more likely looking atvmy results that I'll get the winner of 2 separate races so I think ew doubles is a far more likely winning bet as opposed to a forecast so I think I'll go with that as a shot at a better prize in future ..........tricasts are cheap and ill still try them in big races as a shot at huge prize ...only need to fluke it once or twice a season and your profits go through the roof 

But I've got to say I've thoroughly enjoyed ascot this year .. .goid weather ...some very very classy races ...lots of drama ....races were very difficult to race tbh ...probably some of the hardest I've rated but thoroughly enjoyable nonetheless.....back to normal now though so I'll have a few days rest then have at it when a good race comes along ? 

Edited by richard-westwood

2 hours ago, richard-westwood said:

I've always done ok backing them my way ....I can understand the critics as you can argue only 1 can win but I see it as if the winner is in my top 6 rated then I increase my chances of finding it to 50 % if I back 3 and it gives you a bit of insurance that if one of your horses gets stuck in stalls or runs like a donkey ...at least you've still got a chance and it just seems to make the big races especially more fun ? 

But there are more than 1 person who backed my selections at ascot ew and had multiple returns ....I wasn't keeping track but I'm told in some races top 4 horses all finished top 6 so they got multiple returns so sometimes that might be a better way to bet .....for me I'm realising forecasts are very rare so I'm not a fan tbh ....its more likely looking atvmy results that I'll get the winner of 2 separate races so I think ew doubles is a far more likely winning bet as opposed to a forecast so I think I'll go with that as a shot at a better prize in future ..........tricasts are cheap and ill still try them in big races as a shot at huge prize ...only need to fluke it once or twice a season and your profits go through the roof 

But I've got to say I've thoroughly enjoyed ascot this year .. .goid weather ...some very very classy races ...lots of drama ....races were very difficult to race tbh ...probably some of the hardest I've rated but thoroughly enjoyable nonetheless.....back to normal now though so I'll have a few days rest then have at it when a good race comes along ? 

Many thanks as always.  I think that each way doubles may prove to be better value than the bookies manipulated returns on forecasts.  I have to say though that if I saw you rate up four races I would prefer to go for the each-way doubles and trebles in those races.  However, I will of course continue to support your selections when you only mark up one or two races.  You are doing a great job for us all ? 

3 hours ago, richard-westwood said:

I've always done ok backing them my way ....I can understand the critics as you can argue only 1 can win but I see it as if the winner is in my top 6 rated then I increase my chances of finding it to 50 % if I back 3 and it gives you a bit of insurance that if one of your horses gets stuck in stalls or runs like a donkey ...at least you've still got a chance and it just seems to make the big races especially more fun

Normally I will only back one horse in a race but where the bookies are offering extra places then I will back more than one horse each way. Most of my profits this year have come from these each way elections.

1 hour ago, The Equaliser said:

Many thanks as always.  I think that each way doubles may prove to be better value than the bookies manipulated returns on forecasts.  I have to say though that if I saw you rate up four races I would prefer to go for the each-way doubles and trebles in those races.  However, I will of course continue to support your selections when you only mark up one or two races.  You are doing a great job for us all ? 

I just enjoy rating and having a go ....but there's a lot of strength on this forum....lots of knowledgeable people coming at races from different angles ......I'm still kicking myself about Ted's rohaan....after he pointed it out you could see the potential and I shoukd have put a saver on it .....but you know coming on the forum you can see big races from diff angles and make an informed choice yourself and that's where the strength of the forum lies .....I think its great and I really enjoy reading everyone's thoughts