** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

French jumpers

Not had chance to post for ages owing to other business being very busy thankfully, however have a slight respite at the moment so keen to pop the occasional selection up.

Today's card at Compeigne is full of interest although not nec from a punting perspective.

11.50. FRET D'ESTRUVAL. 6/1 e/w

A competitive looking  chase on heavy going with cases to be made for all six runners however I feel the selection ridden by the excellent Nathalie Desouttier claiming 4 ,in the distinctive Munir/Souede colours , is the overpriced one partic as it has been largely campaigned at the top graded tracks of Auteuil and Pau.

Saint Cloud 12.15

An interesting National Hunt flat race over 1m4f on heavy going .

No prices at the moment however the one I'm most interested in is the Soumillon mount   ILE O VENT. Anything over 6/1 will be acceptable. Likewise IRISH POINT the mount of Barcelona would be my second choice with similar odds wanted.

Nice ride from Barzalona to land the early 8/1 on IRISH POINT in the NHFlat race last week.

Last meeting of year today at Auteuil. Very tricky looking card on Heavy going with little leaping out at the few early prices about -however will give a chance to the Louisa Carberry trained. 

SURDOUE DE BALLON. 6/1 e/w dropped in grade and trip into the opening claimer. Seems to have been a tricky horse to place with only 1 win on Heavy going 2 years ago, although a reasonable place rate esp on going described. The most recent spin in the Listed XCountry course at Compeigne would have been excellent preparation for this event over the tricky Auteuil obstacles.

PAU. 13.15

Lucky Let Love.  6/1 e/w. Cracking XCountry chase with Reveley mount best value on current prices 

Only just touched off in the Listed XCountry at this track in Feb by the current Fav, and over a slightly shorter distance this time conditions and trip seem ideal. Dunquin would-be an interesting ew alternative if it drifts out to 14/1 and above.

2 hours ago, harrisman said:

Some nice rides for Felix de Giles today at Cagnes.

12.25 partic interesting riding for Sophie Leech on Cracking Smart14/1 ew taken.

Very reasonable back form on heavy.

I looked at that one as has had some good form in Grade 1's at Cheltenham & Naas but with Sophie Leach having moved some of her yard to just outside of Chantilly as well as her UK base in Gloucestershire she's not done that well in France though saying that her other runner Adayil came 2nd in the race at 6/1 .

Paolo looked good on the 11.50 claiming race .

34 minutes ago, calva decoy said:

I looked at that one as has had some good form in Grade 1's at Cheltenham & Naas but with Sophie Leach having moved some of her yard to just outside of Chantilly as well as her UK base in Gloucestershire she's not done that well in France though saying that her other runner Adayil came 2nd in the race at 6/1 .

Paolo looked good on the 11.50 claiming race .

Felix will be annoyed he wasn't on the other although made amends with a cracking ride in the following race!!

• 2 weeks later...

Some interesting racing at Pau today with a nice competitive XCountry event.

In the opener at 10.50 all the money is for the Reveley horse.Possibly the most likely winner however much too short for me in a reasonably competitive chase.At the prices the trainer's(in cracking form) other runner -Seigneur Des As appeals more .11/1 ew

1.07. Guerre Des Gaules ew 12/1. ground should be ideal and expecting a big run with the excellent Nathalie Desoutter on top and claims 4. 

2.17. Chez Pedro. (In the Papot silks, only runner on card) -unseated early in a similar race a couple of weeks ago however this time has the master Felix de Giles on board and must be in with a good chance at the finish 4/1 ew