** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Best racecourse hospitality opinions wanted.

Hi lads and lasses.

Im after your opinions on where’s the best place to go for a bit of a treat for a day at the races with a nice meal alongside.

Im much more interested in the sticks but I was at Chester other week and booked into the white horse which was very nice. Only slight downside was that we had to leave the table if we wanted to see the race in the flesh as opposed to the big screen.

I’m happy to budget for up to and around £200 a ticket.

Thanks in advance. Happy punting.

Southwell's Pie & Peas for £4 is to die for , chuck another 50p in & you can treat yourself to some gravy ?

Personally other than having the fortune of V.I.P at Cheltenham once & 3 decent days out in the Owner / Trainers am not one for eating fancy grub at a racecourse but hope you have an enjoyable experience nonetheless .

2 hours ago, calva decoy said:

Southwell's Pie & Peas for £4 is to die for , chuck another 50p in & you can treat yourself to some gravy ?

Personally other than having the fortune of V.I.P at Cheltenham once & 3 decent days out in the Owner / Trainers am not one for eating fancy grub at a racecourse but hope you have an enjoyable experience nonetheless .

You’re not wrong about Southwell!

One of my favourite tracks on the all weather for those awful quality midweek mid winter meetings, yeah I’m weird like that.

Im off to Devon for a week next month and have had Newton Abbott booked for a while now. And then Bath on the Saturday of the leger on the way back up.

Chester is indeed a lovely course.

Goodwood is also pretty awesome - so very beautiful - and you'll be well catered for. Newbury and Epsom a close 2nd, 3rd.

Sandown I'd also recommend. Might be biased as I once nailed the place pot with 4 winning lines from a Betfair free £25 bet there.

If you really want to travel, take the EuroStar to Paris and go to the Hipódromo de Longchamp. I went first class - includes 3-course meal and free bar - for £150 return and saw Sea The Stars win the Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe.

Or, for further afield, there's always Meydan.

2 hours ago, last minute winner said:

You’re not wrong about Southwell!

One of my favourite tracks on the all weather for those awful quality midweek mid winter meetings, yeah I’m weird like that.

Im off to Devon for a week next month and have had Newton Abbott booked for a while now. And then Bath on the Saturday of the leger on the way back up.

Enjoy , never been that far South West racing .

Our local beer festival has been cancelled yet I have holiday booked of so am off to HQ on Friday 27th & then a regular will be John Musker Stakes day at Yarmouth as part of their Eastern Festival where I'm bound to scoff some fish & chips whilst keeping a beady eye out for thieving gulls .