** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

2 Ligapro Predictions > Aug 13th - 16th

Académica vs Varzim

Saturday 14/08/2021 11:00 PT

Academica:

The home team had a false start in this 1st round of Ligapro, losing by a surprising 5-1. It also caught one of the strongest teams, if not the strongest candidate for promotion, Rio Ave. But this team from Coimbra also has arguments to fight for the top places in the 2nd league and will want to redeem itself from the bad result in the last round and in front of his fans he will want to react with a victory. I think it was just a predicament and maybe that's why the odds in the opening took a tumble upwards, maybe thinking that they don't have a team to win against Varzim. I totally disagree and although I don't think Académica is a super leaguepro team, I don't think they're that bad either, and playing at home could be a different story.

Varzim:

Varzim will certainly want to avoid the suffocation that was last season. They got maintenance in the league at the last moment, after a January with several reinforcements that turned out to be decisive in salvation. In the 1st round, they drew 2-2 against Chaves at home, with a goal near the end of the game, with set-pieces, but it was more with the heart and with the help of the public than with the football they played.

Conclusion:

Quite honestly, I don't see a Varzim with arguments to win in Coimbra, against an Academica who is a candidate for promotion and playing at home, in front of her fans months later, she will want to demonstrate that the result of the 1º game was just a setback. They were close to achieving it last season, finishing in 4th place as a result of an end to the season where they allowed themselves to be achieved in the last rounds. Let's see what they can achieve this season 2021/2022 and despite not having played a good game in the last round, but in my opinion, they will be the 5/6 top teams that will fight for promotion places.

Pick: Académica DNB Odd: 1.85 bet365