TV pundits and presenters

Did anyone see the interview that ‘Ollie Bell’ gave Nick Henderson after the Altior defeat. Talk about jumping in with size 9’s, comments like, ‘are you thinking of retiring Altior now’ after getting beaten by Sham Blue. How insensitive and idiotic these interviewers are sometimes, even the forthright Matt Chapman gave him a dig the following day ‘on air’ regarding it.

Its great when you watch, listen and mostly enjoy such presenters as, Ruby, AP, Luke, Fitz, and Weaver and even experienced commentators such Hoiles and Catermole. They at least know what they’re talking about from experience. But your Rishad’s & Bell’s that just talk well, need to brush up on their horse racing knowledge and tactfulness, especially when interviewing top trainers. Ollie Bell is only there because of his brother being an average trainer.
I thought the ITV boys may have learnt a lesson from Lydia Hislop’s awful seat squirming battering of Hendo the other week coincidently about Altior.

Dear oh Dear.

Regards Doug 

That Lydia Hislop interview was rather uncomfortable, but fair play to her for putting it out there. Henderson had every right to remove Altior if it was for genuine concerns of the ground and the welfare of the horse, but it needed to be asked I thought. He can do as he pleases as he’s Altiors trainer and he’s Nicky Henderson. What we did learn from Altior at Kempton is that he more than likely would have got beat in the Tingle Creek, which was a stronger race than the desert orchid . Personally I thought Nicky didn’t fancy the tingle creek as he thought he wouldn’t win, but then got beat at Kempton anyway. 

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.