200k on Pacific

guesswest

Another great value tourney today. Pacific run a 100k every Sunday with a $100 buy in and reliably get a 20-30k shortfall. This is twice the fund for 1.5x the buy in, and it's on a Monday! It'll definitely have huge added value, is just a question of how much, I wouldn't be at all surprised if it only gets half it's pool. They're running sats all day. Only problem is this one is 2am UK time, tonight - I'll be staying up for it, anyone else? :D

Re: 200k on Pacific Ok, so I stayed up for this one. It started with exactly 900 entrants, so 65k added value. Then one minute in the server goes down, I assume for everyone. I manage to get back in about 10-15 minutes later, and it says the tourney has been cancelled. I'm a bit pissed off. Then, Pacific do an unexpected thing. They refund my buy in as expected, but they refund it as one 900th of the prize pool, so instead of getting $165 back i get $237.46 back. So I suppose I shouldn't complain, $70 for nothing, and PP still payed out their shortfall. But how weird is all that? They didn't cancel any of the other tournaments in running.

Re: 200k on Pacific In follow up to this. PP also sent me an invite this morning for a 50k freeroll tonight, reserved for people who entered last night's 200k, so a maximum field of 900, and presumably not everyone will make it. So a freeroll to tonights 50k and a bonus $70 on my refund last night. Obviously I was wanting to play last night's tourney, but that's pretty good compensation. I've got to say I'm impressed with that customer service, which is a first in the case of Pacific. bigokay.gif