Tennis starting 15th August...

Ok. I usually wait for Ed to kick off, but I thought I'd get this one going. First bet that springs to mind is the Henman V Massu game. Henman has not been playing great since coming back; falling at the first hurdle both times, a price of over 3 for Massu is surely worth a shout as Henman is under a lot of pressure to win this one. Now it could and should be a win for henman, as he really nees this one; I just think the price is low for a player not playing well at the mo... The second is Gasquet V Lopez. For starters lopez lost unbelivably in the last tourny to a qualifier...and a bad one at that, so I think his confidence will be low. Gasquet on the other hand has had a good year and should pull through this one - would have beaten grosjean if the rain didn't come IMO. How about Srichaphan V Coria? Coria is not on the best form as of late, where as Srichaphan seems to have picked up after a slow start. I have a feeling this game could be close so may back Srichaphan with small stakes. Final one, and possibly more through want then anything else, but Dent V Murray, surely everyone saw how Murray disposed of him at Queens? I personally think the price is maybe a little high on murray as he has been playing well, I have been thinking of laying the 2-0 to dent of betfair. Players I wouldn't touch with a bargepole. Federer; Not played since Wimbledon, and blake is a pretty good player, I wouldn't go as far as laying federer, but think that it might be closer than the 1.06 suggests! Roddick; After losing to mathieu in the first round last time, you would expect him to win this one, but at 1.05 its a bit risky, I would wait to see how he bounces back before including him in any accy. Nadal; We he be fatigued and saving himself for the US Open? Just my 2 cents; Sco

Re: Tennis starting 15th August... No time for much elaboration as some matches are poised to get underway, but here goes... 30pts Horna-Gonzalez-Roddick-Federer (2.16 @ Ladbrokes) :D Roddick to beat Melzer and Federer to beat Blake are self-explanatory - well, even if they were to lose, I don't suppose anyone could account for that other than the two overwhelming favourites having a bad day at the office. Gonzalez to beat Djokovic is value even at 1/3 - Djokovic is a joke at this level and simply not one who will mess the big-serving Chilean about IMO. Lastly, Horna's hardcourt game has really improved a great deal over the last few weeks and he'll certainly have the beating of C Rochus, who's just woefully inadequate at this level. 10pts Srichaphan-Henman-Ljubicic (4.62 @ Ladbrokes) :( Henman may be a tosser and a wnaker at times, but this mug is one of those who has a knack of screwing you up when you oppose him when he's up against someone of his calibre - he leads Massu 4-1 on h2h and Massu should provide him with a stable platform to get his form going again IMO. This is a matchup between 2 inepts - I just feel Henman's experience could prove decisive here. Ljubicic should beat Santoro as well given his big serving style of play - Santoro isn't getting any younger and he simply isn't going to be able to chase for the ball on Ljubicic's serve enough to trouble the Croat. Lastly, Srichaphan to beat Coria represents outstanding value IMO - Coria is playing some thrash at the moment while Srichaphan has gotten right back in form over the last 3 weeks or so. Besides pushing Roddick close in a tight 2 set defeat, he'd also taken a set off Agassi in the week Agassi won his last tournament. Definite value on the Thai there. Cheers & Good Luck! :ok Starting Bank : 100.00pts Current Bank : 100.00pts Profit/Loss : 0.00pts

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.