World Grand Prix

Fader

Grand prix gets started tonight. Won by MVG for the last 2 years running, darts has a new fresh look about it and a feel that anybody can win any event right about now.

Top 16 in order of merit plus 16 ProTour order of merit. Should be a good event.

Top half looks interesting as MVG plays Ratajski in round 1. A chance of a banana skin perhaps early doors for MVG. De Sousa plays Devon Petersen too and that's another one that could be a banana skin for Devon. Devon got that PDC win that he really wanted not long ago and you find that the level drops after a big win.

It pays to be in the bottom half here and Gerwyn Price looks to have a great chance along with Peter Wright. Both are 5/1 though and it's too short for them to beat eachother plus the likes of Chisnall and potentially MVG. I think I'll take Chisnall in the bottom half. He looked really good last time out and the only worry seems to be in the pressure moments in the big finals. If he can make the final here we''re looking at 25/1 alone. The other I can see having a good tournament is Clayton.

The top half is much more likely to find a winner here though. I like Gary Anderson. I just can't see how he is 14/1. Only thing I can see as a negative is his lack of darts but we saw before the home tour that he came into an event firing. It sometimes benefits Anderson. I also think somebody out of De Sousa, Devon and Van Den Bergh is going to have a good tournament. Even Merv King was on fire last week.

2.5pts E/W G.Anderson to win Grand Prix 14/1 bet365
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
1pt E/W D.Petersen to win Grand Prix 33/1 boylesports
1pt E/W D.Chisnall to win Grand Prix 50/1 boylesports
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
0.5pts E/W J.Clayton to win Grand Prix 66/1 boylesports
0.5pts E/W Van Den Bergh to win Grand Prix 66/1 boylesports
0.5pts E/W J.De Sousa to win Grand Prix 66/1 boylesports

Plenty of darts action tonight but running very on time at present. I like the look of a few tonight but nothing that makes me want to bet big and so I'm just going to sit on the outrights and have a few trebles and an accy. Hopefully one comes in or maybe even two.

2pts C.Dobey / M.Suljovic & D.Noppert all to win 4/1 paddypower
2pts Anderson / Van Den Bergh / Petersen & Wade 9/1 bet365
1pt Anderson, Van Den Bergh, Ratajski and King to win 24/1 boylesports

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.