** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

The law of Sod

Bad beats,sob stories,sods law call it what you will i'm sure most people can recall a tale of woe in the murky world of betting so let's hear them.It feels like it happens to me more than most or maybe that's just the frustration talking.Anyway,basically my sods law story for the weekend was one of not winning a single bet on Sat or Sun on the footy(£15 in total on various bets).Then checking the results of the games played on Monday in the Erste division only to find one of the exact bets i do on Sat/Sun came in on the Monday fixtures.That is all games to end in Both teams to score no draw.I only ever bet on Sat/Sun so i stuck to my gambling limits which is a good thing but it was very very frustrating.

Had loads but the most recent one was I followed a horse tipster for 2 years. He'd been on a bad run for quite a while and I stuck with him for months but eventually decided it was time to leave. The next week he hits an about 500/1 treble! 

Anyway welcome to the forum. 

Thanks Zico10,loving the name by the way.Wow your story  is harsh,that must have been tough to swallow.I usually just stick to footy although i do the ITV 7 free to enter comp.Occasionally i have a flutter on the horses if any of my namesakes "Doyle" are riding.Needless to say i didn't have a punt the other day when Hollie Doyle scored a 5 timer.That's sods law for you!I can also recall losing accas on ridiculous things such as Barca failing to score,Juventus losing,Spurs missing a pen.Can't help thinking it's npt in the stars for me when things like that happen.

That Doyle 5 timer would have been nice! Footy accas are guaranteed heartbreakers but there's no better betting feeling than landing a Biggie. 

The footy seems to be getting harder to predict these days for a nice Saturday acca. I love the horses but follow tipsters for it but the footy I do my own as well as tipsters. Don't think I landed one decent acca last season! 

• 2 weeks later...

Same here Zico,i came close a few times but close on an acca you might as well be a million miles off.A Law of Sod double whammy did me in again this weekend....Dortmund losing 2-0 with 80% possession and 18 shots?????Then thought i'd win some back on Sunday.....90% of my bets got wiped out by the mighty unstoppable Bayern Munich getting hammered.I was churning like i don't know what about those two coupon busters.