A hand I played in a live game last night

Plow-King

Jezza is normally the man for this sort of thing and I wont describe this aswell as he would. I think this is a part of my game I need a lot of work on, which he does so well. Reading opponents hands. Its the final table of a live MTT. £10 rebuy, with a prize pool of £2250. If memory serves, roughly one round of blinds has passed and its a fairly tight table. The blinds are 4k and 2k. I am on small blind. Its folded around to me. I have about 30k of chips and the BB has 40k of chips. Also, I should mention, its pot limit. This is the first time I have ever seen the BB blind play, He has avoided my table all night and all the info I have is from what I have seen of him on the final table. The only hand he has played was in raising with KQos, A short stack reraised himself all in and the KQos called. The short stack had pocket tens and they held up. Like I say, folded round to me on the small blind I have ££&££ ~~~~~&~~~~ I raise the pot, which makes it 8k for him to go. Obviously wanting to nick his blind, but have not too bad a hand against average cards if he calls. He calls. Flop comes ££££&£££££ )))))&)))) (&!) . Now, I have position here, so I see myself with 2 options, I either go the pot which puts me all in and hope that I can take the pot right there, but I am wary that as he has called my initial raise and I dont really know too much about this guy I must afford him the respect of him having a decent hand and that I may have walked into a BB with a better hand than me and that buy raising the pot here I could be hanging myself out to dry. Maybe he has Ace/king/queen rag and hes picked up a rag on the flop, or even QJ, or KJ. I'm ruling out a pocket pair,AK,AQ,AJ as I think he would have went over me preflop. I dont really see the point in raising anything other than the pot as if I put in a small raise and he goes over me, I have to fold it and i don't see a small raise scaring him off either. The only other option is for me to check to see what he does. I figure if he checks aswell maybe I'm ahead here and ideally I'd like to check it to the finish and see if my King high holds up. So I decide to check. He goes for a minimum raise of 4k. Not what I wanted to happen and this threw me a bit with it being such a small bet. As there is 28k in the pot incl. his raise it is going to be very hard for me to pass this for just 4k. With this small bet I am worried he is just trying to extract chips from me and im just going to end up in trouble here. But with my dwindling chip stack and the odds on offer I feel I have to call, so I do. Turn comes ((((((&((( . If he has a piece of the board things have just got a lot better for him and also a flush draw now. With the action on me, again I weigh up my options, can I possibly be winning this hand?? Has his feeler 4k raise after the flop with mid pair snared him trip 4's. I think theres not an awful lot I can do here, If i was going to bluff this pot I should have done it by now. So I check. He raises 10k. What would you do?? And what mistakes have I made upto this point and why and what would you have done differently? ? As Jezza was at this table and obviously knows the outcome, I would still appreciate his views on this as he seems to be the man when it comes to this.

Re: A hand I played in a live game last night Fcuk it!!! I've just typed in a long reply whilst thinking - about pot odds and flush draws and overbets etc....and went full circle in my reasoning......twice...... So I'm not going to try and blag it and simply say I don't know!!!!!! My gut feel is that with King High, you haven't enough to take him on - it almost doesn't matter whether he has a hand or not - you won't be able to bluff him out now and King high with one card to play isn't enough to seriously contest the pot....I would say Fold - but I imagine there's far more to it than I've realised......and a fold now leaves you totally crippled on the final table.....

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.