** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Favourite - To Be Placed

This is something I've dabbled with before, going to have another look to see if there is any mileage in it. This is a market available on Betfair for each selection to be placed, they will be short priced but hopefully I'll achieve a high enough strike rate for this to be profitable. We'll start with a bank of 100 points. Today's Selections... Bath 2.15 Bathwick Emma to finish '1st or 2nd' Stake 10 @ 1.16

Re: Favourite - To Be Placed Well Bathwick Emma finishes 2nd for a return of 11.52 after commission, so a winning start. I'm going to make these selections into rolling accumulators until each group of selections achieves the equivalent of a even money shot or thereabouts. At this point I will bank and start again at 10% of bank. Starting bank: 100 units Current bank: 101.52 units Profit/Loss: +1.52 units Total staked: 10 units Yield: 15.2% W/L: 1/0 Today's Selection... Newmarket 5.35 Green Prospect to finish '1st, 2nd or 3rd' Stake 11.52 @ 1.18

Re: Favourite - To Be Placed Green Prospect wins the race, which in turn means our bet to place wins. The bet returns a profit on the day of 1.75 after commission. Starting bank: 100 units Current bank: 103.27 units Profit/Loss: +3.27 units Total staked: 21.52 units Yield: 15.19% W/L: 2/0

Re: Favourite - To Be Placed Darrias finishes 3rd, which is good enough for us to win. The bet returns a profit on the day of 3.53 after commission. Starting bank: 100 units Current bank: 106.8 units Profit/Loss: +6.8 units Total staked: 34.79 units Yield: 19.5% W/L: 3/0

Re: Favourite - To Be Placed Cheers lads for the encouragement. WFTE, I plan to play these until I reach the equivalent of a even money shot or thereabouts. So for this series of bets I started with a stake of 10units, when I reach 10units profit then I'll bank and start again.

Re: Favourite - To Be Placed Cheap N Chic wins easily, which means we win as well. Unfortunately there was a non runner and this made the price a 1.10 shot as opposed to the 1.12 taken but it's still a winner. The bet returns a profit on the day of 1.60 after commission. Starting bank: 100 units Current bank: 108.4 units Profit/Loss: +8.4 units Total staked: 51.59 units Yield: 16.28% W/L: 4/0

Re: Favourite - To Be Placed There could be a bet today, depending on prices going out a little. The selection for today is basically too short, mainly due to the fact it's at York and a big name horse making it a bit of a false market. Hopefully things will become more sensible as the morning progresses.

Re: Favourite - To Be Placed Distinction only manages 2nd place but that's good enough for us. The bet returns a profit on the day of 2.62 after commission. Starting bank: 100 units Current bank: 111.02 units Profit/Loss: +11.02 units Total staked: 69.99 units Yield: 15.74% W/L: 5/0

Re: Favourite - To Be Placed Still here Danny, just haven't fancied anything over the last few days. I have to be quite selective, an extremely high strike rate is required to make this profitable over time. I'm not going to force a bet that isn't there, just sit back and let them come to me. Nice going today but there was just too many unknown factors for me. Hopefully there will be 1 or 2 tomorrow. wink2.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Re: Favourite - To Be Placed Spuradich finishes in 2nd place, that's good enough for us. The bet returns a profit on the day of 1.47 after commission. Starting bank: 100 units Current bank: 112.49 units Profit/Loss: +12.49 units Total staked: 81.09 units Yield: 15.4% W/L: 6/0

Re: Favourite - To Be Placed Packing Hero wins the race and that means we win as well. The bet returns a profit on the day of 1.68 after commission. Starting bank: 100 units Current bank: 114.17 units Profit/Loss: +14.17 units Total staked: 93.66 units Yield: 15.1% W/L: 7/0 Next Stake: 14.25

Re: Favourite - To Be Placed Mister Flint wins the race and that means we win. The bet returns a profit on the day of 2.71 after commission. Starting bank: 100 units Current bank: 116.88 units Profit/Loss: +16.88 units Total staked: 107.91 units Yield: 15.6% W/L: 8/0 Next Stake: 16.96

Re: Favourite - To Be Placed Mutamarres wins the race and that means we win. The bet returns a profit on the day of 3.70 after commission. Starting bank: 100 units Current bank: 120.58 units Profit/Loss: +20.58 units Total staked: 124.87 units Yield: 16.48% W/L: 9/0 Next Stake: 20.66