World Matchplay 2019

Fader

After a nice little 10/1 winner with Peter Wright, let's see if we can get another big priced winner.

The World Matchplay gets started tomorrow night. Never have we such open tournaments really as at similar times the likes of MVG, Anderson, Cross, Wade and Gurney are all looking very beatable. It means that value is out there

I'm going to take a few in this event just based on that fact. In the top half where alot of the "big names" are I'll be taking Adrian Lewis, De Zwaan and Smith. Main 2 bets here will be Smith and Lewis. Lewis isn't seen around the circuit asmuch nowadays, but he has a good record here. Final back in 2013. QF 2014 and a couple of SF 2016 and 2017. His main problem is the doubling so if that comes good he will be in a good place. His average in this event since 2013 is just under 100 and last year he went out in Round 2 with a 103.56 average.

Bottom half, I'll be taking Peter Wright to continue the good form that has seen a few tournament wins. Along with Ian White and an outside punt on Keegan Brown. This half of the draw is alot weaker.

2pts E/W P.Wright to win The Matchplay 12/1 Betvictor
2pts E/W M.Smith to win The Matchplay 28/1 sportingbet
1pt E/W I.White to win The Matchplay 33/1 betfair
1pt E/W A.Lewis to win The Matchplay 80/1 Ladbrokes
0.5pts E/W De Zwaan to win The Matchplay 80/1 ladbrokes
0.5pts E/W K.Brown to win The Matchplay 200/1 betvictor

A few close matches on tonight with the bookies and potential value in them for me. We start with Keegan Brown facing up against Clayton. Clayton has a good head-to-head record against Brown, but Brown has the better form coming into this and I like his chances. He's finally getting back to the form of 2016 where he was in the worlds top 40. He mad the Czech Open Semi-final in June and a couple more semi-finals in March. Clayton had a good start to the season, winning the PC10 in Barnsley in April but recently he's been out of sorts.

Finally, I'm going to take Ricky Evans to give Gurney a test. Gurney is looking bang out of sorts at the moment. They have actually already played eachother twice this year. Gurney won in March 8-6 when he won the German Championships but prior to that in Febuary, Evans beat him in Barnsley. Evans went on to get to the final of that event also. He is playing well and Gurney quite frankly isn't. His recent averages haven't even hit the 90s

5pts K.Brown to beat J.Clayton 11/10 bet365
2.5pts R.Evans to beat D.Gurney 9/5 ladbrokes

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.