Hungarian GP

Just one week and yet another race on a relatively new circuit where overtaking is nigh on impossible. The qualifying may well decide as long as any of the big gun get in front. It seems Kimi is in a not very favourable position as he is set to start the Q. Also, as I'm still kicking myself why I didn't lay him last week (due to his car probs), I wouldn't back him. It leaves just Alonso and maybe Montoya. Alonso has a good record - a win two years ago and a third last year. Will wait with any place only bets after qualies. Just wonder if our F1man will back Sato to finish in the points again? He sure is overdue, but not sure whether he can make it. After last week's performance, I would need to see a much higher price than he is now to back him, but will wait for the grid and some opinions.;)

Re: Hungarian GP I like Sato at 3's to finish in the points. Has had some bad luck in recent weeks and if he can finish a race he will be in the top 8. Button has add 4 top 8 qualifications and 3 top 5 result in the same races as follows. German GP (Qualify:8, Finish:12) lost node cone on first lap Britain GP (Qualify:7, Finish:16) spent 2 laps in pits after grid electronic failure France GP (Qualify:4, Finish:11) Showed speed, slid of circuit and couldn't recover. Reported lack of rear tyre grip Canada GP (Qualify:6, Finish:DNF) Brakes "Takuma Sato has revealed that he is 'determined to have a good race' this weekend at the Hungarian Grand Prix. Taku endured a difficult time at Hockenheim on Sunday, after having to pit for a new nose cone on the opening lap, however despite that he remains extremely upbeat and eager to get a good result going into the F1 summer break."

Re: Hungarian GP Hi Tulenos. Want to back Sato so badly, but going to leave it. Lost so much on him particully and just wondering if the pressure is now getting to much. If I was BAR i would thinking about giving Davidson a drive. As for value this weekend, have not seen anything. I fancy Montoya getting pole, as the McLaren is a lot quicker. He should also win, but got to remeber that there is reliability issues with the car. Button odds are to small at the moment for an each way bet on qualifying, but might go for Fisichella later. Going to wait till after Fridays practice and have a look round then. I will almost definetely put Massa to be in the points at some point, but this could be after qualifying, because he has recently struggled in qual.

Re: Hungarian GP COulthard to beat Webber looks a good bet for me. He has got track position and the Williams should be apposed. 1.83 Ladbrokes. Sato to beat Heidfeld also seems good at 1.9 at Expekt. Thats it for me this weekend. Not much value about, but betting against Williams seems the way forward.

Re: Hungarian GP Good call on Ralf, on another circuit he could even finish second. Sato also paid back consistent backers (just!) and Couldhard was more than unlucky the way he had to retire. Can someone enlighten me why even more teams will change Bridgestone tyres next season - today was seemingly yet another proof they simply can't endure more than 30-40 laps. They improved a lot, but can't be compared to Michelins, imo. Just replay the look of MSch car tyres just after the race. The change was mentioned by a commentator during the race. Also wonder if anyone knows anything about the Turkish circuit - seemingly even no test driving has been done over there yet.