** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

What Horse To Win?

I am fairly new to Horse Racing. Whenever i want to have a bet i will : 1. Check the tips on 'At The Races' and 'Ladbrokes' 2. If any of them match up, write them down 3. Place my bets Although i know there are lots of other factors to take into account, i do not know what all the other information means What i would like to know is how you all make your selections in a race and what factors do you take into account Cheers

Re: What Horse To Win? :welcome to PL. Ive noted down a few horses that I follow. keep and eye out for any horses that perform well note the jocky. W.Supple is another jockey I like he seems to give it all and is on board some decent prices. Look for the Trainers that the most important to me. Jarvis/Suroor/Channon all very good trianers. I personally look for a trainer who maybe only has 1 or 2 rides for the day. another thing I look for is how far the horse has travelled to get to a race meeting. A trainer/owner will not drag a horse 600mile round trip just to make the numbers up;) A horse called 'Digital' ran the other day and It was the furthest traveller that day. guess what. It won. also important is look for Form. the numbers to the left of the horse. 32211-112 eg. these are the last race postions. and last thing also keep and eye out on the market,see how the odds either go up or come down. good luck

Re: What Horse To Win? Checked The RP, thanks for that mate Another couple of questions for you 1. If the Official Rating is high, is that better? 2. If a horse is carring less weight, is that better? Pretty sure the answer to No 2 is Yes, but just wanted to ask

Re: What Horse To Win?

Checked The RP, thanks for that mate Another couple of questions for you 1. If the Official Rating is high, is that better? 2. If a horse is carring less weight, is that better? Pretty sure the answer to No 2 is Yes, but just wanted to ask
kal, The answer to 2 is not always yes. Can I suggest that you look for a couple of threads started by Martin ( by the way where have you gone Martin? you were doing so well ) One is on page 14 called Questions & advice, the other is weights & penalties & is at the bottom of page 20 so it may slip to page 21 soon. These two threads contain answers to your questions & more besides. Good luck & :welcome Rio.